NEEDED: Farrier and Trainer for AQHA

Posted in the West Plains Forum

Needed

Ava, MO

#1 Feb 12, 2010
I am in desperate need of a local farrier and trainer. I have recently purchased/rescued 3 AQHA and 2 mini horses. All are in need of a good foot trim. The look as if it has been years since they have seen one, if ever. I am looking for a good price and deal. I also would like to have the 5 year old gelding trained for riding, maybe sorting as a gift for my husband. First things first.... FEET! The horses are currently in Moody/South Fork area on rented pasture off of E HWY. Please email me for my phone number if you have a suggestion or a quote. Keep in mind, I am just as broke as the next person, so I sadly am looking for cheap at this point.
mandyboyd@sprighillfarmgsd.com
HORSEHOCKEY

West Plains, MO

#2 Feb 12, 2010
Needed wrote:
I am in desperate need of a local farrier and trainer. I have recently purchased/rescued 3 AQHA and 2 mini horses. All are in need of a good foot trim. The look as if it has been years since they have seen one, if ever. I am looking for a good price and deal. I also would like to have the 5 year old gelding trained for riding, maybe sorting as a gift for my husband. First things first.... FEET! The horses are currently in Moody/South Fork area on rented pasture off of E HWY. Please email me for my phone number if you have a suggestion or a quote. Keep in mind, I am just as broke as the next person, so I sadly am looking for cheap at this point.
mandyboyd@sprighillfarmgsd.com
Horses are expensive to care for. If you are so broke, maybe you can't afford them. I think it's pretty bad that you get on here wanting "discount services".

Might try Bucky Thompson. I have found him not to be too reliable though.
Needed

Ava, MO

#3 Feb 12, 2010
HORSEHOCKEY wrote:
<quoted text>
Horses are expensive to care for. If you are so broke, maybe you can't afford them. I think it's pretty bad that you get on here wanting "discount services".
Might try Bucky Thompson. I have found him not to be too reliable though.
Hey, you think I wanted to take on 5 more horses? I happen to live in AR numbskull. I took them on because no one else was going to take care of them. For your 411, they have closed slaughter houses driving the prices of good horses to nothing. So, do I want some jackass who sees that I have 5 horses calling me up and wanting $500 to trim $300 worth of horses hooves? No, it's bad times for everyone in this economy. My ferrier will not come up from AR, trip is too long for him. So, that leaves these horses at the mercy of some local. As for broke... I work hard for my money and am glad I can afford to help the horses I can. As for a discount... last I checked all ferriers give discount on multiple horses. If 5 is not multiple then I guess I should just have let them starve or better yet go off to a sale barn where they would end up god knows where. Yeah well, like I said. The horses need their feet done. I live in AR, but will meet you there with cash. AS for Bucky Thompson... I do not care if Bucky Tooth clips the hooves and neither do the horses. I just want someone who needs the money enough to give me a good deal to head on out and trim them up. It will take months to correct some of the feet, so at least it is a long term gig. LMAO
kendra

La Plata, MO

#4 Feb 12, 2010
mutt is excellent with horses.....in the ava area.......
kendra

La Plata, MO

#5 Feb 12, 2010
he is difficult to get a hold of........let me see if he would be intersted..........in traveling there...........
Informer

West Plains, MO

#6 Feb 12, 2010
Casey Cox is about the best around, I don't know about getting a deal though..you get what you pay for. His prices aren't bad though.
Needed

Branson, MO

#8 Feb 12, 2010
At this point, I just need it done. The horses are in shape to even try to rehome until they have their feet done and some ground manners.
Informer

Sparta, MO

#9 Feb 13, 2010
Well, I would go with Casey Cox, a horse that I bought had terrible feet, and he fixed it, only having to work on her a few times. He knows what he's doing.
needed

Branson, MO

#10 Feb 14, 2010
Where do I find him and is he fair in price? I can not believe what I have been qouted up here. In AR my guy is good and has always been honest and helpful, but never over charged. I guess bad economy, people need to get it where they can. I will end up paying what ever is asked, since it is not a option. How do I contact him?
PLEASE

United States

#11 Jan 3, 2012
Informer wrote:
Well, I would go with Casey Cox, a horse that I bought had terrible feet, and he fixed it, only having to work on her a few times. He knows what he's doing.
I seriously hope you did not get Casey Cox to shoe your horses,he cripples most people's he shoes. Better do some more checking.
Jug Head

Ozark, MO

#12 Jan 4, 2012
Informer wrote:
If he only worked on your horse a few times you must be one sloppy lay because he usually works on a horse until he's done screwin the owner or the owners wife. If it only took two times then that's a record.
Depends on few

West Plains, MO

#13 Jan 4, 2012
Jug Head wrote:
<quoted text> If he only worked on your horse a few times you must be one sloppy lay because he usually works on a horse until he's done screwin the owner or the owners wife. If it only took two times then that's a record.
That depends on your definition of a few. LOL! If Casey did the showing, I can bet you he got what he came for..........even in just a few visits...
Depends on few

West Plains, MO

#14 Jan 4, 2012
oops shoeing,,, but then again it could have been "showing"
Jug Head

West Plains, MO

#15 Jan 4, 2012
Depends on few wrote:
oops shoeing,,, but then again it could have been "showing"
Unless it was showing intelligence. Then he would be called a "no show".
Brother

Omaha, AR

#16 Jul 23, 2012
Depends on few wrote:
<quoted text>
That depends on your definition of a few. LOL! If Casey did the showing, I can bet you he got what he came for..........even in just a few visits...
I wonder if the Brother, Tony is as good as Casey. Anyone know
Anonymous

Euless, TX

#17 Jul 30, 2012
Casey Cox is not a good horse shoer. He made three of my horses have laminess issues. One right before I left for the AQHA Congress, one because he would shoe the horse the correct way, and the other trimed to short. I recommend walking tall. They are certified and inexpensive
dan the man

Sparta, MO

#18 Jul 30, 2012
Feller I tell you what they ain't a moore honest hard workin man then ole dan dennis at walking tall farrier service. He went up north somewheres to learnd the horse shoin trade. Don't let these local inbreds screw you over. go with big dan
Horseman for 57 years

Kansas City, MO

#19 Jul 30, 2012
I couldn't agree more with the post about the Dennis boys. I met them at a horse show one night and got to visiting with them. I had a mare I was going to have to put down because of a severe hoof problem the vet said couldn't be fixed. Them guys did what the vet said couldn't be done. I drove 7 hours both ways just to get to them. I had to do that three times but I finally got that horse to where she could show again. You West Plains folks don't realize what good Farriers you have right under your nose. And they are honest as can be!! One time I accidently over payed them and would of never caught it but they sent me the extra money back in the mail!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 19 min GOP Paranoia 99,890
Whose Phone Number Is.... 2 hr Amused 20
Republicans could impeach Obama 2 hr grave digger 22
Workplace romance 2 hr Annoyed 49
you like to dance 3 hr grave digger 8
Short Filipino waitress at Huddle House 3 hr anonymous 1
Well...It's Almost Official Now 3 hr grave digger 5
Richards high school 5 hr D alumni 103
West Plains Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

West Plains People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:06 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:06AM
Ranking Re-Sign Priorities for Chiefs
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 5:32 AM
Eric Berry "in good spirits" during visit from Chiefs brass
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?