Why does former school board member R...

Why does former school board member Rep. Shawn Rhoads support HB253?

Posted in the West Plains Forum

Zizzer

Torrance, CA

#1 Aug 23, 2013
There is a good chance that if the House overrides Governor Nixon's veto of it, numerous teachers may lose their jobs in the area. This could mean a "significant" increase in class sizes in the R-7 school district which would negatively impact the students in the district. This is not the first time that he has chosen to support measures that would threaten the well-being of the school district that he once claimed to represent. Thoughts?
H A Johnson

United States

#2 Aug 23, 2013
I read the bill and it looks more like a tax modification for businesses. How is it going to effect the school to the point you have stated? I honestly do not think it will have much of an effect.
If you want to talk taxes why not talk about why Missouri is one of the few state's that tax Social Security benefits? People who receive those benefits should be tax exempt imo.
Businesses move out of the state because taxes in MO are to high. Look at TN... better schools, business friendly, and no state tax. How many times do you get taxed when you go to Walmart?
Zizzer

Torrance, CA

#3 Aug 23, 2013
H A Johnson wrote:
I read the bill and it looks more like a tax modification for businesses. How is it going to effect the school to the point you have stated? I honestly do not think it will have much of an effect.
If you want to talk taxes why not talk about why Missouri is one of the few state's that tax Social Security benefits? People who receive those benefits should be tax exempt imo.
Businesses move out of the state because taxes in MO are to high. Look at TN... better schools, business friendly, and no state tax. How many times do you get taxed when you go to Walmart?
It's pretty simple actually. It's a "funding" issue that will result in less money for schools in the entire state of Missouri. You are welcome to google HB253 and read what the projected impact will be if passed.
H A Johnson

United States

#4 Aug 23, 2013
Zizzer wrote:
<quoted text>
It's pretty simple actually. It's a "funding" issue that will result in less money for schools in the entire state of Missouri. You are welcome to google HB253 and read what the projected impact will be if passed.
I read the bill. It may impact schools some but I do not think there will be any significant results. If this bill actually passes it will bring more businesses to MO therefore increasing revenue. That equates to more funding for schools. As it stands many prospective businesses bypass MO for more tax friendly states. I say pass it. The state will make up any lost revenue some other way ie. increase in license fees, vehicle registration, etc.
H A Johnson

United States

#5 Aug 23, 2013
Which I think is wrong however the government is going to get their money one way or another.
banker

Chicago, IL

#6 Aug 23, 2013
Not enough construction or home improvement to support a Lowe's or Home Depot. 3 of the major employers are leaving.
hmmmmmmmm

United States

#7 Aug 23, 2013
banker wrote:
Not enough construction or home improvement to support a Lowe's or Home Depot. 3 of the major employers are leaving.
which 3 employers would that be?
War Eagle

West Plains, MO

#8 Sep 6, 2013
Shawn Rhoades is an idiot. He is the biggest liar in Jefferson City. Was a sorry cop in West Plains, and is a sorry excuse for a representative. He has voted against every school issue all year. He is in this for the money, retirement and health care benefits for him and his family. He could care less about the people of his district. He told the West Plains teachers that he voted for some legislation that he had promised that he would not vote for, because he thought it would help Kansas City and St.Louis, such a dumb ass he thinks he represents them. I think the people of this area should start a recall petition and get his lazy a-- back to being a fat cop again.
YesYes

West Plains, MO

#9 Sep 6, 2013
"What he said" x a billion!!
agree

Sparta, MO

#10 Sep 7, 2013
War Eagle wrote:
Shawn Rhoades is an idiot. He is the biggest liar in Jefferson City. Was a sorry cop in West Plains, and is a sorry excuse for a representative. He has voted against every school issue all year. He is in this for the money, retirement and health care benefits for him and his family. He could care less about the people of his district. He told the West Plains teachers that he voted for some legislation that he had promised that he would not vote for, because he thought it would help Kansas City and St.Louis, such a dumb ass he thinks he represents them. I think the people of this area should start a recall petition and get his lazy a-- back to being a fat cop again.
agree agree agree agree
MizzBitch

Ozark, MO

#11 Sep 7, 2013
He is a damn weasel. Say one thing and do another. He was the same way as a cop. I do not understand how this fat f*ck got elected. Quite pathetic.
NObluBALLS

Forsyth, MO

#12 Sep 8, 2013
Zizzer wrote:
There is a good chance that if the House overrides Governor Nixon's veto of it, numerous teachers may lose their jobs in the area. This could mean a "significant" increase in class sizes in the R-7 school district which would negatively impact the students in the district. This is not the first time that he has chosen to support measures that would threaten the well-being of the school district that he once claimed to represent. Thoughts?
The local schools are too fat now, but this bill cuts INCOME TAXES slightly, not property taxes, where the majority of school revenue comes from...why not make our state more business attractive and reduce govt employees(teachers)? Our schools will be fine, even with a SHIFT in where they get funding, but everyone with any sense knows paying more money to teachers does not improve their performance...But if we can influence new businesses to locate here that actual produce something, we will be much better off long term.
fools

Lithuania

#13 Sep 8, 2013
It doesn't matter who runs on the Republican ticket. Howell County voters will vote them in, every time. They get worse each time. Purgason was a fool. He was outspoken against the Ford Manufacturing plant in Kansas City, one of the biggest and most important manufacturing plants in the entire state...why would it matter when the only industry you understand is quail and pheasant hunting and making cheap plastic trophies. The idiot appeared on Jeff City Journal for a forum about healthcare. He admitted that he couldn't afford health insurance since the premiums would be $800 a month. Would be hilarious to see his name appear in the lawsuit column of Republican non-payers that had an emergency and later were sued by OMC for not paying up since they were deadbeats. Rhoads is a cop. All cops are wonderful here. They are so knowledgeable and professional, and they like guns. Cops will never do wrong. Watson was set up and smeared on Topix by Rhoads family. He would have been less of an idiot. I voted for Watson and Pendergrass. Will never vote for Rhoads or any uneducated fool like Purgason the elk hunter with vest and bolet and his clownish hairpiece or puffy donut eater Rhoads. Wake up people and quit voting in these fools.
MizzBitch

United States

#14 Sep 9, 2013
I already know how Puffy fat Rhoads would vote on doing away with minimum wage! He would vote to get rid of it and claim it would create more jobs and a better economy.LOL
Love Shack Baby

Bromma, Sweden

#15 Sep 15, 2013
Shawn Rhoads will go down in history as the greatest politician that Missouri, and maybe the entire world, has ever known! You all need to get on board and support him so you can look back and say, "I helped make him what he is today!" I may be going out on a limb here, but I can see Mr. Rhoads as president of the United States of America one day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pentecostal churches....are they considered a c... (Nov '09) 2 hr Harry 72
Ashley Allen Homewrecker 2 hr Harry 12
self-hating women 2 hr truville 9
kevin hoopes (May '13) 2 hr Family 5
what happened to the regency hotel?? (Dec '13) 3 hr Hoesheis 8
Mistress in town 3 hr The joker 65
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 9 hr TRUMPOCALYPSE 105,939

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages