Truth82

Jamaica, NY

#21 Sep 11, 2013
We have fun ppl here not full of retirees
we got the best bars thats why the women of mh come here
we dont call ppl yankees that live 40 mins away
we dont live close to KKK headquarters we accept ppl for who they are not how much they make or the color of their skin
we have fresh running rivers not a big smelly lake
mh is full of pedifiles and the cops dont enforce them
mh is full of cheaters
WEST PLAINS 4EVER
grave digger

Ava, MO

#22 Sep 11, 2013
Truth82 wrote:
we dont live close to KKK headquarters we accept ppl for who they are not how much they make or the color of their skin
mh is full of cheaters
WEST PLAINS 4EVER
mnt home has plenty of people that arnt retired
the bars here are just bars,,,in mnt home you have to be a member or pay to drink in some places
peopl in west plains think their rebels and do call people yankees plus mnt home has alot and alot of yankees from chicago
one day that right arm of the Lord you call the kkk will be the ones you run to when the crap hts the fan
west plains has a dried up creek called howell creek and only has water in it when it rains
west plains has plenty if not more pedifiles as mnt home,,,check the list and has just as many cheaters,,,

the point is,,,mnt home,,,west plains,,,both one in the same,,,the biggest hubs for miles away and still are small po dunk towns,,,,ha haa haaa
Yorland

West Plains, MO

#23 Sep 11, 2013
West Plains has nothing to offer at all. Too many business's revolving around Car and Truck Dealerships and Vehicle Parts stores like Autozone and two Oreilly's and a Napa Auto Parts. Totally lame for a town to have too much of one thing and not enough factories and or food joints that have teenager's screwing up your order who could care less about the job they have. If anything West Plains is still a disappointing place to live in but maybe I'm just sick of living here.
grave digger

Ava, MO

#24 Sep 11, 2013
Yorland wrote:
West Plains has nothing to offer at all. Too many business's revolving around Car and Truck Dealerships and Vehicle Parts stores like Autozone and two Oreilly's and a Napa Auto Parts. Totally lame for a town to have too much of one thing and not enough factories and or food joints that have teenager's screwing up your order who could care less about the job they have. If anything West Plains is still a disappointing place to live in but maybe I'm just sick of living here.
west plains has alot to offer,,,lets see,,,you wont have a problem finding a new car or truck,,,you wont have a problem finding parts for it if it breaks down,,,start cooking at home and stop eating fast food junk,,,and dont forget,,,you were a screw up teenager once,,,so now we have your mood swing fixed,,,west plains has alot of history,,,west plains has indian history,,,civil war history,,,ma barker and her sons history,,,country music history,,,old houses on grace ave to look at,,,a tunnel under west plains to explore if you dare,,,the museum,,,a monkey by the square,,,a old shoe factory that was built under ground,,,a neat looking square except for that bank built right in the middle but most call it the court house,,,the grave digger,,,the zizzers winning track team,,,a 4 lane hwy,,,plenty of cops,,,the quill newspaper,,,the rail road,,,an airport,,,2 golf coarses,,,plenty of wild animals to look at,,,sink holes to make you wonder,,,dried cow poop patties to look under for mushrooms or throw,,,a truck stop,,,plenty of bars,,,car shows,,,parades,,,illegal gambling at the grave diggers,,,woops,,,scratch that one unless you gots some money,,,ha haa haaa,,,now its late so drink some nyquil and get some sleep and you will feel better come morning,,,
west plainser

Sparta, MO

#25 Sep 12, 2013
jobs in mountain home pay so much better then jobs at west plains. so many people make the drive from west plains to teach in mountain home schools, work in mountain home factories, and in mountain home hospitals. Housing is incredible higher in mountain home though.
federal money

El Dorado Springs, MO

#26 Sep 14, 2013
I think a lot of money comes in from having the prison there.
mountain vs plains

West Plains, MO

#27 Sep 14, 2013
We have Ruby Tuesday, they have Chilis...They have a well run Coltons, we have one run by the town drunk... We have OMC and they have a real hospital. They have TWO lakes, we have run off to fill the lakes.
grave digger

Branson, MO

#28 Sep 14, 2013
mountain vs plains wrote:
We have Ruby Tuesday, they have Chilis...They have a well run Coltons, we have one run by the town drunk... We have OMC and they have a real hospital. They have TWO lakes, we have run off to fill the lakes.
ruby tuesday and chilis are the same thing,,,fast food junk,,,all coltons are the same except west plains has better looking waitreses,,,omc mnt home hospital are the same thing,,,both hospitals and who share the same doctors,,,2 lakes that are man made but wouldnt be lakes if it wasnt for the rivers that do come from missouri but west plains doesnt have a river,,,so that part of your post doesnt make any sense,,,other then that,,,west plains-1 mnt home-0= both towns are podunk towns,,,ha haa haaa,,,you know what west plains has mnt home doesnt?,,,the zizzers and the zizzers record of 2 wins and 1 loss,,,ha haa haaa

Since: Jan 10

Sparta, MO

#29 Sep 15, 2013
We may not have a Cracker Barrel well, but we have a Chili's and soon to have a new restaurant across from Taco Bell can't remember the name right now, West Plains has its share of old people I see them every day when I'm out on the roads, we have our share of food stamp recipients I noticed that our area is inundated with that. It's the sorry state of affairs when we have so many that are on food stamps because they can only get PENMAC jobs or a fast food, service type employment. With Obama care coming is going to make it even harder to find full-time paying jobs, it would be easier just to make your full time employees work longer hours, pay overtime and hired as PENMAC part-time employees. It's already happening in this area. I know some people who working two jobs in living with hard times.
missed that

West Plains, MO

#30 Sep 15, 2013
missourimanwphc wrote:
We may not have a Cracker Barrel well, but we have a Chili's and soon to have a new restaurant across from Taco Bell can't remember the name right now, West Plains has its share of old people I see them every day when I'm out on the roads, we have our share of food stamp recipients I noticed that our area is inundated with that. It's the sorry state of affairs when we have so many that are on food stamps because they can only get PENMAC jobs or a fast food, service type employment. With Obama care coming is going to make it even harder to find full-time paying jobs, it would be easier just to make your full time employees work longer hours, pay overtime and hired as PENMAC part-time employees. It's already happening in this area. I know some people who working two jobs in living with hard times.
West Plains has Chili's...where is that located?
grave digger

Branson, MO

#31 Sep 15, 2013
missourimanwphc wrote:
no chili's in west plains,,,its an arby's going in across from taco bell,,,and pen-mac is a sham,,,they put a strangle hold on the whole area they get their un-union greedy grasp on companies,,,a temp place it is not,,,a burden it is,,,other then that,,,life without pen-mac would be a whole lot diffrent in west plains,,,its no diffrence then the old italian lottery,,,give me some of your hard earned money for a big fat gamble if you get hired on full time at that company,,,cut out the middle guy and you have happy workers,,,cuz they dont have to go to work with the fear they are pen-mac employees and not the company employee,,,then brings up the question of how pen-mac works,,,the employee pays pen-mac so much an hour until the employee gets hired on,,,and if the employee doesnt talk and get hired on to that company themselves,,,,pen-mac sucks that employee dry per hour with no regulations telling them a certain amount of money is the fee charged to every person you help get a job,,,bubba paid pen-mac 250 bucks,,,but bettysue paid pen-mac 1,450 bucks the whole time billybob has been paying pen-mac for the last 8yrs,,,no regulations somebody always get screwed,,,and somebody is making a fortune from that screwing,,,wake up west plains and area people,,,your being screwed,,,
MizzBitch

Ozark, MO

#32 Sep 16, 2013
Truth82 wrote:
mh is full of cheaters
WEST PLAINS 4EVER
Wealthy retirees are a lot more fun than unemployed or underpaid twenty somethings. Apparently, you have never been on one of their yachts.
most unknown

West Plains, MO

#33 Sep 24, 2013
Hillbilly wrote:
West Plains can not compare with Mtn. Home. Mtn. Home has more population with a higher per capita
income. Baxter county Arkansas has over 48000+ pop.
That is the reason they get more businesses. They are now getting a Cracker Barrel restaurant.
48000+ ppl and 78000 cops
grave digger

West Plains, MO

#34 Sep 24, 2013
most unknown wrote:
<quoted text>48000+ ppl and 78000 cops
there aint that many cops,,,cuz the grave digger drives through that town all the time at high speeds,,,drinking with a hooker sitting on the grave diggers lap,,,ha haa haaa,,,but have to say,,,mnt home does have a diffrent feel in the air then west plains does,,,not as heavy of a feeling,,,or that doom feeling most in west plains have,,,weird but true,,,maybe its the lake water in the air,,,ha haa haaa
Been There

Branson, MO

#35 Sep 26, 2013
MG has a lot of Great Whites -- Home of the American Silverbacks! Lol
Candice

West Plains, MO

#36 Sep 27, 2013
federal money wrote:
I think a lot of money comes in from having the prison there.
What prison?
Annie

West Plains, MO

#37 Nov 8, 2013
Setting things straight - wrote:
We looked at homes in both areas when we moved to Missouri seven years ago. Square foot to square foot, the cost of homes in Mountain Home is 20-25% more than in West Plains. Because such a large section of the population in Mountain Home is comprised of retired people from the Chicago area with higher retirement incomes, the cost of living there is higher. Even the retired Chicago cop real estate person we worked with told us they drive to West Plains every week to shop for groceries. Missouri State University West Plains offers more to the community at large than Arkansas State-Mountain Home. And Grave Digger was right on the money when he mentioned the Civil War. West Plains has a historical depth that Mountain Home does not. We spent many, many days in both areas and chose West Plains. My spouse said Mountain Home reminded him of two huge strip malls that intersected each other.
We moved here from out of state also, and although we leave in the West Plains area we tend to do bussiness more in Mt. Home simply cause customer service at most places in West Plains just does not get it, Mt. Home's is much better. I have been to the Jewlery store in West Plains a couple times to get a new battery for my watch, both times they didn't have it, I had to go back in another week and they still did not have them. Since then I have dealt with Johnson's jeweler's in Mt. Home and they always been able to put the batteries in right of way. My husband has also gotten me jewlery there for special occasions and we get a Thank You note from them for choosing them, don't see that kind of customer service much. I have used both Hallmark stories and Mt. Homes's beats West Plains by far both in choice and customer service, unfortunately we have lost both of them though.
Then there is the Sears in West Plains, a couple yeas ago we went in to purchase a new Stove, there were three people up at the check out area just gabbing with one another, we had browsed for at least ten minutes and nobody came to see if we wanted any help, I even started to kind of move the burners on the stove around to make some noice to see if it would get their attention, NOTHING! Nobody even looked our way, so finally I just told my husband I guess they don't want out bussiness very bad and we started to walk out. At that point they finally asked if we needed some help and I just told them not anymore. We went to the Mt. Home Sears and got great customer service and bought our stove there.
We get out medical care at Baxter County too, I asked around when we first moved here and was told to go there not the Ozark Medical Center in West Plains. I have heard that Ozark has improved over the years but we're very happy with Baxter so we stick with them. We have both been in the hospital there over the years and the care is very good. If we make another move as we get older, it will be there. Considering their town's population is not that much larger than West Plains, they have alot more going for them over that way. Just my opinion!
Annie

West Plains, MO

#38 Nov 8, 2013
I meant live in West Plains area not leave, sorry about the mistake.
Annie

West Plains, MO

#39 Nov 8, 2013
most unknown wrote:
<quoted text>48000+ ppl and 78000 cops
They have a higher income bracket yes but they do not have a population of 48,000 people, they aren't a whole lot bigger than West Plains last time I read there population sign.
tim

Lenexa, KS

#40 Nov 8, 2013
You guys stop screwing around here before they take you seriously and move here. Of all the mean spirited things to sucker someone into this sh!tpit.
Run as fast and as far as you can this place is infested with inbreed hillbillys no jobs low ass wages for what little no benifit paying jobs that is here and sorry schools health care but on the bright side lots of method and petty crime that goes unpunished. Just read some of the other threads for this town you'll see it for yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michele Bachmann: The Rapture Is Coming And It'... 36 min NuTjOb AlErT 2
Most Wanted 1 hr jwc 4
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Concerned Conserv... 100,970
church farters 9 hr concerned citizen 3
Girl in silver Priushatchbk 10 hr Granny Panties 6
shooting Monday 11 hr justMOM 16
Hillary Clinton will soon have to defend briber... 11 hr West Plains Inves... 1
More from around the web

West Plains People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]