What does West Plains have to offer that Mountain Home doesn't?

Posted in the West Plains Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Creepy Craig Corkerstein

Laguna Niguel, CA

#1 Sep 4, 2013
Tell me why people live in this town.
grave digger

Branson, MO

#2 Sep 4, 2013
its not arkansas

the roads are better

it doesnt sit half way in a flood zone

people are nicer

people know how to drive better

we have a round square not a half circle square

we have a downtown not a court house that sits on the main drag

we have streets named after a couple of classic country music stars

we have a monkey by the square

we have the zizzers,,,by the way most zizzers teams have won state and one of the best known trac team

water runs down hill so when we flush we just are saying hello

we have the grave digger,,,ha haa haaa

we have civil war history,,,arkansas people just snuck up and looted

our cop cars are way better looking then black n whites,,,this one time one of your black n whites was behind the grave digger with blue flashing lights on and the grave digger thought it was a clown mobile,,,ha haa haaa,,,punk

ps,,,got to say your women are good looking,,,so please tell them the grave digger is getting tired of all the 501 phone calls,,,,ha haa haaa,,,punk,,,

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#3 Sep 4, 2013
grave digger wrote:
its not arkansas

the roads are better

it doesnt sit half way in a flood zone

people are nicer

people know how to drive better

we have a round square not a half circle square

we have a downtown not a court house that sits on the main drag

we have streets named after a couple of classic country music stars

we have a monkey by the square

we have the zizzers,,,by the way most zizzers teams have won state and one of the best known trac team

water runs down hill so when we flush we just are saying hello

we have the grave digger,,,ha haa haaa

we have civil war history,,,arkansas people just snuck up and looted

our cop cars are way better looking then black n whites,,,this one time one of your black n whites was behind the grave digger with blue flashing lights on and the grave digger thought it was a clown mobile,,,ha haa haaa,,,punk

ps,,,got to say your women are good looking,,,so please tell them the grave digger is getting tired of all the 501 phone calls,,,,ha haa haaa,,,punk,,,
Nothing good but grave digger
wingo

West Plains, MO

#4 Sep 4, 2013
West Plains has more over weight buck toothed hillbilly women.
Lisa

West Plains, MO

#5 Sep 4, 2013
Creepy Craig Corkerstein wrote:
Tell me why people live in this town.
If you aren't born here to call it home, when you live here a while, it grows on you. If you're going to live in MO, the Ozarks is the place to be.
grave digger

Forsyth, MO

#6 Sep 4, 2013
wingo wrote:
West Plains has more over weight buck toothed hillbilly women.
didnt know blind people could post on topix,,,cuz the grave digger sees good looking women around town everyday,,,every trip to walmart,,,some hot women round here,,,saw some this afternoon,,,hot,,,sexy and depressed looking,,,cuz it was 5 oclock and they were going home to their stupid hubbies,,,,and most likely dreaming about the grave digger,,,,ha haa haaa,,,so shut it punk,,,aint no such thing as a ugly woman,,,cuz bet you your not the diamond of this town,,,could put your picture on me front door to keep burglers away,,,ha haa haaa,,,punk,,,
me again

Marshfield, MO

#7 Sep 5, 2013
There's not as many old people!
Whoa now

Terrell, TX

#8 Sep 5, 2013
me again wrote:
well you got that part right!!
grave digger

Forsyth, MO

#9 Sep 5, 2013
me again wrote:
there is more older people in mnt home then in west plains,,,sorry for the facts,,,but its the truth,,,cuz in the summer months all the younger folks are out and about at the lake and the older folks are at home in the cool air,,,and the proof is in the size of west plains r-7 school district and mnt home citys school district,,,what ever that district school name is,,,the mnt home moonshiners the grave digger beleives,,,ha haa haaa,,,,
me again

Marshfield, MO

#10 Sep 5, 2013
grave digger wrote:
<quoted text>there is more older people in mnt home then in west plains,,,sorry for the facts,,,but its the truth,,,cuz in the summer months all the younger folks are out and about at the lake and the older folks are at home in the cool air,,,and the proof is in the size of west plains r-7 school district and mnt home citys school district,,,what ever that district school name is,,,the mnt home moonshiners the grave digger beleives,,,ha haa haaa,,,,
GD read the question again because again, my answer is the same as yours?????
grave digger

Forsyth, MO

#11 Sep 5, 2013
me again wrote:
<quoted text>
GD read the question again because again, my answer is the same as yours?????
ok,,,grave digger bad,,,me again right,,,except for your post wasnt a question,,,ha haa haaa
Hillbilly

Mountain Home, AR

#12 Sep 6, 2013
West Plains can not compare with Mtn. Home. Mtn. Home has more population with a higher per capita
income. Baxter county Arkansas has over 48000+ pop.
That is the reason they get more businesses. They are now getting a Cracker Barrel restaurant.
me again

Marshfield, MO

#13 Sep 6, 2013
Mr. Digger I meant the original question and YES on the Cracker Barrel!
grave digger

Forsyth, MO

#14 Sep 6, 2013
Hillbilly wrote:
West Plains can not compare with Mtn. Home. Mtn. Home has more population with a higher per capita
income. Baxter county Arkansas has over 48000+ pop.
That is the reason they get more businesses. They are now getting a Cracker Barrel restaurant.
the grave digger beleives howell county has this number or more in it also,,,but west plains people are all yearers,,,not season lake people,,,so once again,,,your facts dont prove nothing,,,cuz a cracker barrel restaurant isnt nothing special,,,just another place to eat at every once in a while,,,and again,,,west plains square is round like a town square always has been,,,not half circle on the main drag,,,plus heard mnt home is so broke they came to west plains for a loan,,,and sense west plains people are so nice were gunna help but couldnt take fishy lake water as a down payment,,,ha haa haaa,,,
me again

Marshfield, MO

#15 Sep 6, 2013
I thought a square has four sides not round.
Underpants

Mansfield, MO

#16 Sep 7, 2013
The grave digger could get run over by a train in West Plains. It wouldn't be quite as easy to do that in Mountain Home.
Hillbilly

Salem, AR

#17 Sep 7, 2013
sounds like he is better off in West Plains since
he loves it so much.
Setting things straight -

Mcalester, OK

#18 Sep 8, 2013
We looked at homes in both areas when we moved to Missouri seven years ago. Square foot to square foot, the cost of homes in Mountain Home is 20-25% more than in West Plains. Because such a large section of the population in Mountain Home is comprised of retired people from the Chicago area with higher retirement incomes, the cost of living there is higher. Even the retired Chicago cop real estate person we worked with told us they drive to West Plains every week to shop for groceries. Missouri State University West Plains offers more to the community at large than Arkansas State-Mountain Home. And Grave Digger was right on the money when he mentioned the Civil War. West Plains has a historical depth that Mountain Home does not. We spent many, many days in both areas and chose West Plains. My spouse said Mountain Home reminded him of two huge strip malls that intersected each other.
MizzBitch

Saint Louis, MO

#19 Sep 9, 2013
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
If you aren't born here to call it home, when you live here a while, it grows on you. If you're going to live in MO, the Ozarks is the place to be.
What the f*ck ever. I hated moving there as a kid and left first chance I got. All my friends and family that stayed have it rough with low paying jobs, or getting laid off at good jobs and all the idiots who live in that area. They complain of the drug addicts,pregnant teens and thefts. Well, that's life in all podunk towns....drugs and poverty and that is West Plains.It really isn't part of the real Ozarks. Think Eureka Springs.
MizzBitch

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Sep 9, 2013
Setting things straight - wrote:
We looked at homes in both areas when we moved to Missouri seven years ago. Square foot to square foot, the cost of homes in Mountain Home is 20-25% more than in West Plains. Because such a large section of the population in Mountain Home is comprised of retired people from the Chicago area with higher retirement incomes, the cost of living there is higher. Even the retired Chicago cop real estate person we worked with told us they drive to West Plains every week to shop for groceries. Missouri State University West Plains offers more to the community at large than Arkansas State-Mountain Home. And Grave Digger was right on the money when he mentioned the Civil War. West Plains has a historical depth that Mountain Home does not. We spent many, many days in both areas and chose West Plains. My spouse said Mountain Home reminded him of two huge strip malls that intersected each other.
Been to both and have to disagree. At least Mtn Home has a lake and camping all over instead of 20 miles away at some river with a bunch of meth upped hillbillies with nothing but primitive,tent camping to offer. Small businesses flourish there,not so much in WP. Plus the economy and pay is better in Mmtn Home.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why is Jeb Bush even in the running? 3 min grave digger 6
lane baugh 1 hr Annie 12
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr The Anti Liberal 97,821
Cloud 9 ranch membership for sale 1 hr Wild Bill 18
What happened to Adam and Eve after eating from... 2 hr Grow Up People 25
American negro tim 2 hr Curious reader 1
Neal hardin 2 hr Interested party 13
West Plains Dating
Find my Match

West Plains Jobs

West Plains People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

West Plains News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in West Plains

Personal Finance