Since: Jan 13

Sparta, MO

#1 Jan 8, 2013
I know some people who are looking to do a personal adoption from a pregnant girl that dont want to keep her baby. Anyone know how they would go about doing this? Or how they would even find someone. Also dont dfs still have to be involved?
Always

West Plains, MO

#2 Jan 8, 2013
If they are even considering adoption, they need to realize that there are legality issues involved. It's a human, not a puppy. A mom won't just hand the baby over and it be fine and dandy. She is the LEGAL parent to the child and can have anyone who is not the LEGAL parent arrested for kidnapping. Contact DFS, get the knowledge you need, then pursue adoption. You will need money, a lawyer, be able to provide shelter, food, and other necessities to the child and be able to prove that you are a fit parent.

By all means, if they want to adopt, pursue it and don't give up. There are too many children out there without loving parents.

Since: Jan 13

Sparta, MO

#3 Jan 8, 2013
Thank you so much for the information. They have been told that it would just have to be worked out with the mother. But that just dont sound right to me.
Grammy

West Plains, MO

#4 Jan 11, 2013
Parent4774 wrote:
Thank you so much for the information. They have been told that it would just have to be worked out with the mother. But that just dont sound right to me.
We have adopted three children. It is not a hard matter. If you go to an agency it is alot harder. If you wish to give your child to someone it is okay and easy to work out. We would love to help you and/or take your child.
the dude

Garden City, MO

#5 Jan 12, 2013
Contact an adoption attorney. It's less complicated than dealing with a state agency.
aur56

Aurora, MO

#6 Jan 12, 2013
Parent4774 wrote:
All people have to have Home Study done before any adoption.DFS is who does home studies. You can't just pick a person to adopt your child. If they qualify, and it's not hard to do this,then adoption will proceed,legal is key to having great adoption.I have adopted 2 and it was all through DFS.
Grammy

West Plains, MO

#7 Jan 13, 2013
aur56 wrote:
<quoted text> All people have to have Home Study done before any adoption.DFS is who does home studies. You can't just pick a person to adopt your child. If they qualify, and it's not hard to do this,then adoption will proceed,legal is key to having great adoption.I have adopted 2 and it was all through DFS.
You are wrong. DFS only does studies if you are adopting a child through the state. If it is a Private adoption a private social worker does the study. DFS is never involved in a private adoption. Yes, you can give your child to whomever you please. The adoptive parents have the papers drawn by a lawyer and they are signed then court six months later. It is not hard we have done it four times.
great

United States

#8 Jan 17, 2013
Granny, I would love to know more about how you did this. We are looking to adopt and can't seem to find the best method.
Grammy

West Plains, MO

#9 Jan 17, 2013
What would you like to know??
great

United States

#10 Jan 18, 2013
Did you go through an agency?
try this agancy

United States

#11 Jan 18, 2013
Thank you Mr Barcus Brender. The managing
director of these company known as financial tax
revenue for child adopting. I never believe that i
will have a child in my family today, eversince i
found it unable to get pregnant, so i decide to
contact my parents, they did all and it was imposible for me to have a child, i have tried and
spent all my money just to have a child, so i decided
to contact the childhome in other to wipe out my
shame, so i found this email address on the
newspaper last week, and i contacted them, i fill all
the necessary informations, and take the court oath and signature to bear the mother of the child, and
now hopefully yesterday, the baby girl was
delivered down to my country at Uganda, and i
unlock the baby from the delivery officers with a
secret code e.g ( marieth21554XSE), and it was said
to be correct, and the baby was handed over to me sucessfully, today i am happy having
financialtaxrevenue for kids as the best adopting
home for parents.
I and my husband are now finally happy, and as for
the kids, she is asleep and good... I thank you
again sir Mr Barcus Brender. email them now at
[ financialtaxrevenue@gmail.com ] for adopt
support.

mrs thressia
mrsdavis

Willingboro, NJ

#13 Feb 6, 2013
They just have to sign over there rights. My brother just adopted a baby from someone they know. My husband and I are looking to adopt a baby boy now.
Grammy

West Plains, MO

#14 Feb 7, 2013
mrsdavis wrote:
They just have to sign over there rights. My brother just adopted a baby from someone they know. My husband and I are looking to adopt a baby boy now.
They sign over rights then after six months you go to court and it is final. You have to have a worker come every two months to check on you before you go to court. The judge Evans anyway will not finalize without those visits.
Grammy

West Plains, MO

#16 Feb 11, 2013
the real smh wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. They do any court ordered home studies. They were going to do ours during a step parent adoption. The judge waived the requirement.
Kinship placements are different. Go figure. You are wrong. Most people do not adopt their step children. They are yours already. DUH
the real smh

Branson, MO

#17 Feb 11, 2013
Grammy wrote:
<quoted text>Kinship placements are different. Go figure. You are wrong. Most people do not adopt their step children. They are yours already. DUH
No, I'm not the one who is wrong.

First, they aren't yours. They are your step children. And as for "most people don't adopt their step children", think again.It is very common.

The statement was made that DFS is only involved when you adopt through the state, and that is wrong.

Is DFS always involved or always do the home studies? No, but do they do home studies in more than just when adopting from foster care, yes.
Bambi

Ozark, MO

#18 Feb 12, 2013
You can do what my mama did and tell the feds the people in tennesse put metal rods in the boys butt.
Grammy

West Plains, MO

#19 Feb 12, 2013
the real smh wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm not the one who is wrong.
First, they aren't yours. They are your step children. And as for "most people don't adopt their step children", think again.It is very common.
The statement was made that DFS is only involved when you adopt through the state, and that is wrong.
Is DFS always involved or always do the home studies? No, but do they do home studies in more than just when adopting from foster care, yes.
Look person DFS is never involved in a private adoption. We have done four of them. Anyone that would want DFS involved is a real nut. You hire a lawyer and also a social worker. If your child comes from another state then interstate compact has to be okay in the adopting state and also your state. Each state has different rules that you must comply with. You then are watched for 6 months and then if everything is okay the adoption is made final. Step parent adoption was never an issue on here. You are just being a smart alack.
the real smh

Branson, MO

#20 Feb 12, 2013
Maybe they should have watched you a little longer. Sounds like you are a real douche.

Sorry for the kids.
rusure

United States

#21 Feb 12, 2013
Whatever . Dont explain later my sweet. Talk now , or jes hold it .
MommyOf2

Blytheville, AR

#22 Feb 13, 2013
Parent4774 wrote:
I know some people who are looking to do a personal adoption from a pregnant girl that dont want to keep her baby. Anyone know how they would go about doing this? Or how they would even find someone. Also dont dfs still have to be involved?
If they are looking to privately adopt I am very interested I know this is topix and scammers are everywhere but I am very serious about adopting and can give the child a stable loving home if you would like to talk about it please email me at mommaof2bbies@ymail.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama wants to destroy America’s achievers thro... 1 hr Annie 15
Derek Collins 2 hr Rachel 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 2 hr WE ALL OWN DAWG 101,094
robert bush (Aug '10) 3 hr funny 25
5 good things about west plains missouri (Aug '10) 4 hr grave digger 38
ramada mcdonalds 4 hr info 4
The grave digger 4 hr grave digger 10
More from around the web

West Plains People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]