What are actual things to do in West ...

What are actual things to do in West Plains Area

Posted in the West Plains Forum

Local

Ozark, MO

#1 Feb 26, 2011
Actual sights and things worth doing in town and out
Underdunk

Ozark, MO

#2 Feb 26, 2011
Hmmm, things to see and do?

The Square cuts a grand Classical swathe through the centre of downtown and houses what is nothing less than the gold standard of artistic West Plains architectural tradition. Whether you want to eat what might be food at the Red Apple Grill or buy synthetic weed at the head shop, The Square is the place to be.

"Safe to eat" fast foods are unrivalled in the world for their range, sophistication, diversity and status at Ryans! Free bottle of Imoudium AD with each purchase...

Crestwood Circle- once one of West Plains artistic centres, Crestwood can get very crowded at night with Retail drug traffic but it's worth braving for its spectacular local residents and countless places to eat, drink, and Score. Its annual summer festival is a must.
grave digger

Reeds Spring, MO

#3 Feb 26, 2011
Underdunk wrote:
Hmmm, things to see and do?
The Square cuts a grand Classical swathe through the centre of downtown and houses what is nothing less than the gold standard of artistic West Plains architectural tradition. Whether you want to eat what might be food at the Red Apple Grill or buy synthetic weed at the head shop, The Square is the place to be.
"Safe to eat" fast foods are unrivalled in the world for their range, sophistication, diversity and status at Ryans! Free bottle of Imoudium AD with each purchase...
Crestwood Circle- once one of West Plains artistic centres, Crestwood can get very crowded at night with Retail drug traffic but it's worth braving for its spectacular local residents and countless places to eat, drink, and Score. Its annual summer festival is a must.
thats funny,,good one,,but in town you can always count on walmart,,they switch there goods around once o week to keep you guessing where the goods are at,,thats always fun,,what about watching our youth of town drive from hardies to sonic and back 1000 times on the weekends,,fun,,you could try cow tipping,,but that dont work,,cuz nobody told me that a cow with horns aint a cow and arnt very freindly,,,one of my favorites is,,dressing up like the devil and kicking the door open at a witch coven meeting,,and say,,you rang,,and watch the devil worshipers yell,,JESUS help me,,,but what we all should do when it warms up this year is,,everyone should walk around at night and stop all these theives stealing all our hard earned crap from our yards,,sheds,,cars,,trucks,,,a nd dont forget,,its our christian duty to help the poor not complain about them,,,cuz we all be poor in some ways,,like a man with money is poor in morals,,a man with no money is poor in the thought of greed,,,and dont ever call the bowling alley and ask if they have 10lb balls,,and if they say yes,,ask how the hell do you walk around,,,ha haa haaa,,cuz that guy wants me dead,,,,ha haa haaa
Mickey Mouse

Bloomington, IN

#4 Feb 26, 2011
Underdunk wrote:
Whether you want to eat what might be food at the Red Apple Grill
Really wonderful place right there! The 40 something year old that sleeps with his waitresses and knocked one up then had to marry her. And it's always great when a cockroach crawls onto your nasty greasy fries. The place should be shut down. Not like anyone eats there anyway.
Carb Cleaner

Ozark, MO

#5 Feb 27, 2011
I think there is a meth cooking and distribution workshop going on at the skatepark sunday at 3pm
blaw

Canada

#6 Mar 9, 2011
you can go to church or count cow chips herd ole greg whirly is at it again lol
Yawn

Eldridge, MO

#7 Mar 9, 2011
You can talk crap about people on Topix or get stuck behind the fat chicks blocking the aisles at Walmart.
grave digger

United States

#8 Mar 9, 2011
Yawn wrote:
You can talk crap about people on Topix or get stuck behind the fat chicks blocking the aisles at Walmart.
what are you stupid,,,those fat chicks are the ones to follow,,they know where all the good food is at,,,ha haa haaa
Nothingatall

Sparta, MO

#9 Jun 18, 2012
Mickey Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Really wonderful place right there! The 40 something year old that sleeps with his waitresses and knocked one up then had to marry her. And it's always great when a cockroach crawls onto your nasty greasy fries. The place should be shut down. Not like anyone eats there anyway.
That is NOT your place to say something like that. Half of that is completely untrue. I happen to be family with the owner. Get your facts right before you dis other people.
GlockRocker

Branson, MO

#10 Jun 19, 2012
Nothingatall wrote:
<quoted text>
That is NOT your place to say something like that. Half of that is completely untrue. I happen to be family with the owner. Get your facts right before you dis other people.
Have you ever actually eaten there?? It is disgusting, there are bugs all over the place.
Nothingatall

Ozark, MO

#11 Jun 21, 2012
GlockRocker wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever actually eaten there?? It is disgusting, there are bugs all over the place.
Yes. I have. I have also waitressed there when they needed help. I'm not saying it's a five star restaurant, but there is NO sense in criticizing the people who own it. If you dislike the venue, don't eat there. But putting down my family is sick. They are actually great people, despite rumors.
Fun things to do

Norwood, MO

#12 Aug 30, 2012
I am going to take this post serious( I know right omg) Only because I moved here and recently had a baby. I had to find things to do with my hubby and by myself. I am 20 so some things may only appeal to young people?
1. See the walking park. If you like to be active, it is a nice choice. It makes a big loop and the best part of it is very lit up at night. If you were worried about safety. Also has a soccer/football field( with out the goals but eh who cares?)
2.People's Park. Great place to take your kids. The only park in town with a ton of kid playground equipment. I would avoid at night if you don't like being around teens and such misbehaving lol.
also in the summer the pool is right across the street. It is so fun for the kids, or yourself.
3. The Lighting Bowl. If you like bowling go here(Duh)( also may I add if you have no children or are child free for the night one might enjoy a cocktail or *cough* smoke, to make these waaaay more fun.)
4. Walmart Arcade. Lol sure it's not really fancy but hey it will entertain you for a while. Try and when a prize, or race a car. Sadly they took out Guitar Hero
5. Galloway Park(not sure if I spelled that right) It is one of the prettier parks around here. It has a nice long trail with a couple different paths. Signs marking areas like "Prairie area". Great for teaching kids about nature and animals.
6. Movie Theaters. The Glass Sword shows most of the new major movies come out. The Family Cinema shows the new movies later on and more kid friendly movies. Also has indoor rock climb. More for the kids though
IDK just drive around, people watch, adopt a fake accent, whatever. You can make any place fun
truth

Fordland, MO

#13 Aug 30, 2012
Fun things to do wrote:
I am going to take this post serious( I know right omg) Only because I moved here and recently had a baby. I had to find things to do with my hubby and by myself. I am 20 so some things may only appeal to young people?
1. See the walking park. If you like to be active, it is a nice choice. It makes a big loop and the best part of it is very lit up at night. If you were worried about safety. Also has a soccer/football field( with out the goals but eh who cares?)
2.People's Park. Great place to take your kids. The only park in town with a ton of kid playground equipment. I would avoid at night if you don't like being around teens and such misbehaving lol.
also in the summer the pool is right across the street. It is so fun for the kids, or yourself.
3. The Lighting Bowl. If you like bowling go here(Duh)( also may I add if you have no children or are child free for the night one might enjoy a cocktail or *cough* smoke, to make these waaaay more fun.)
4. Walmart Arcade. Lol sure it's not really fancy but hey it will entertain you for a while. Try and when a prize, or race a car. Sadly they took out Guitar Hero
5. Galloway Park(not sure if I spelled that right) It is one of the prettier parks around here. It has a nice long trail with a couple different paths. Signs marking areas like "Prairie area". Great for teaching kids about nature and animals.
6. Movie Theaters. The Glass Sword shows most of the new major movies come out. The Family Cinema shows the new movies later on and more kid friendly movies. Also has indoor rock climb. More for the kids though
IDK just drive around, people watch, adopt a fake accent, whatever. You can make any place fun
The parks are good for summer months but what about the long cold winters? Congrats on your new baby by the way. Movies and bowling get old an expensive real fast and going to walmart too much will cause depression. I think west plains needs alot more things for kids to do but nobody can aford to open a new buisness thanks to our leader no jobs obama. Most the Churches around here run more people off then they save. West Plains is not kids freindly and when they hit the teenage yrs if you let them out and run around too much they have nothing to do but get in trouble. West Plains needs all of these things below

A chunky cheese for the smaller kids

A roller skate rink and Ice skate rink

A youth center

Holloween on Holloween night

West Plains wants a collage town and retirement town and nothing else, they don't relize the future population is going to be the youth out numbering the old foggie retirement people, then what?

PS. Keep that little baby snuggled up and inside for the next couple of days, it sounds like a wet one coming.
Homeboy

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Aug 31, 2012
West Plains wants a collage town and retirement town and nothing else, they don't relize the future population is going to be the youth out numbering the old foggie retirement people, then what?

As it stands WP clearly doesn't have enough heavy manufacturing industry to support an already failing infrastructure.Wally-world,bow ling,restaurants, movie theaters right down to pet stores need heavy manufacturing industry jobs to support these businesses. In tern these business create infrastructure that attracts manufactures to the area.

What? as truth knows the town dies just look at Detroit same thing, WP already has the same pattern just look at how crime in the area is on the rise and houses and business are vacant and getting vandalized. Now the kicker would you send your kid to a town like that ???
music lover not

United States

#16 Aug 31, 2012
Local wrote:
Actual sights and things worth doing in town and out
No such thing as a local here unless you are inbred. So I suggest one of the things to do to "stop inbreeding is to ban country music." Ha!
things to do

Ozark, MO

#17 Aug 31, 2012
i agree this town needs more
transfer

United States

#20 Jun 17, 2013
WOW i was tink of trying west plains out. havnt been there in 2o yrs. but remember it as a great place. guess everything changes. will stay put for now. thanks for keeping me from making a big mistake
Southern Bell Sike

United States

#22 Jan 30, 2014
Yyyyeah....was thinking of coming up there with the family to check it out for a little getaway (only 8 hours away....been to every state touching Louisiana...thought it'd be nice to check our first major city in Missouri)....ANYWAY, thanks for stopping me!!! Next 8 hour trip in different direction-PENSACOLA FLORIDA !!!:-)
David Frezz

Mooresville, NC

#23 Jan 30, 2014
You can go to Southern Hills Shopping Center and Look at all the Pot Holes. Be Careful its rough down there.
Lincoln

Ridgedale, MO

#24 Apr 15, 2015
Where do I go for a birthday party

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 21 min Johnny R 104,257
Ronnie Johnson murder 1989 (Sep '10) 2 hr grave digger 195
underground west plains (Jan '12) 2 hr Adventure boy 23
Dogs 8 hr grave digger 14
self-hating women 8 hr grave digger 2
Woman with a full beard in Walmart bathroom Tue Johnny R 16
Where did Trent hide the money from the feds (Jul '15) Tue grave digger 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages