what do u think should happen to murd...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sorry

Reeds Spring, MO

#21 Jun 7, 2011
Was this guy the only propane driver for pb's?
grave digger

Reeds Spring, MO

#22 Jun 7, 2011
just curious wrote:
Ok he admitted to drowning his 4 yr old son in the bathtub,right? He tried to plead insanity, which didn't work to well because he was evaluated then taken to jail. I can't believe the phsyco even got a bond of $500,000.00. His sick family is defending his actions and blaming the mother for what HE done to little JACOB. Just curious about if you were on the jury seat what would you say his punishment should be?
the grave diggers opinion on this matter is,,,i only know what i read about what happened in the paper,,on topix and seen an heard the story on springfeild news,,,i dont know him or his family,,,or his ex wife or wifes family,,,with that said,,i always try and look at both sides,,,if he drowned his own son after his wife left him,,i would think being destraught mixed with anger would or could make you insane or commit insane actions,,,and i can see why his family is standing behind him,,they are his family,,,with that said,,,i am sure his family are blamming the wife for this cuz they are just as confused and in shock about this as everyone else is,,,now my beleifs dont allow me to let a goverment commit murder,,,i dont beleive in the death sentance,,,murder is murder according to GOD's commandments,,,with that said,,,this is why we have the prison system in this country,,to keep everyone safe from people who commit crimes,,,he is unstable and should spend life in prison,,,cuz it looks like he doesnt handle stress well,,,my prayers go out to the family of that little boy,,and to that man and the family of that man,,,cuz with my christian beleif,,it says in the Bible to pray for prisoners,,, both familys are at a loss and there lives have changed forever,,,my opinion
mee

Ava, MO

#23 Jun 8, 2011
Not up to me to judge what happened, but I will tell you what will happen he won't get the death penalty, he will get life and will be sent to a maximum security prison poplarbluff,cameron,farmington ,potosi ect...My brother is vice president of SSG in the mo prison system in other words he is vice president of a White Brotherhood..this guy will be an outcast he won't be taken in by any group black,white,asian,mexican ect...he will be left to wander alone and that will make him some big Black guy's BITCH....So people if you dont want some big black guy bending you over calling you Michelle, then you better start repecting LIFE....
Redemption and Justice

Auburn, IN

#24 Sep 30, 2011
We will all be judged for our sins one day whether it be murder or lies or something else. All sins will be judged. The bible states "The wages of sin is death" but then it goes on to say "but the gift of God is eternal life". This means he will face judgement, but he also deserves Redemption. You may not like the sound of that, but it's true. You deserve redemption for whatever you have done if you ask for it. If he turns to God after all of this, then I'm happy he's received his redemption and forgiveness. I'm happy because that means that my impurities deserve redemption too. God's grace covers all we have done. He will probably be in jail for the rest of his life. That will be his fate put on him by the world. That will be his punishment here. But, make no mistake, he will get redemption if he seeks it. I HATE what he's done, but I forgive him.
WTH

United States

#25 Oct 4, 2011
Promising him that you would never keep the kids from him was a promise you made before he did the worst thing a father could possibly do to his own child. If you cannot be guarenteed thet your children are safe in his care then the promise is null and void. His family is just looking to put the blame on someone other than the person that needs to be blamed. That person needs to be held accountable for their actions no matter what the situation was. He was the adult, that child trusted that adult to take care of him and he let that child down miserably. Although all parties involed are in emotional distress over it they still need to open their eyes and realize their son has serious issues and the remaining children do NOT need to be put in harms way. I wish the best for you and yours. I am so sorry for your loss.
Mother Of Jacob Chappelle wrote:
<quoted text> I have sent Eric's Mom, Dad and his Sister a letter trying to reconcile with them. Some parts are harsh, because I am hurt towards them I won't lie, but I hope they can forgive me for the harsh words. I have nothing against them, besides blaming me for my sons death. I have said that they were to blame out of anger, but I didn't mean any of it. I'm just hurt over all of this. It's like Eric destroyed me by taking my baby from me and they want to destroy me with all of these words. I don't know what I have ever done to them. Yeah I did leave their son and brother. I may have put a lot of pressure on him, but I was also tired of the abuse. Still that is no EXCUSE to murder my son. They will believe nothing that I say. I understand the part where they were trying to help Eric during the divorce, because that is their son, but if Jacob would have murdered his son that is where the help STOPPED! I would drive a million miles to be there for that mother and my grand kids. I would not blame her, I would be mad at my son not the mother, she didn't do it, but again that is my opinion which I guess doesn't really matter. The only side of the story they will believe is what my estranged husband tells them. Which is nothing but lies. I guess I will have to go on one of those talk shows and take a lie detector test to prove I'm telling the truth. Which is stupid in my opinion, but I WILL prove that I am truthful for my girls to be able to see their family. I did tell them that I hope that we can put all of this childish finger pointing behind us for the 2 girls. I don't know what to do. The girls want to see their NaNa and Paw Paw and their aunt T. Do any of you have any suggestions? I am at a loss! I told Eric before any of this ever happened that I would never keep any of the kids from him or his family. Well the girls will never see him again, but I want them to have a part of their FAMILY! I need all the help I can get. I don't know what to do! Good or bad I can handle it! Thanks A desperate Mother....
Rocky and Beverly Rogers

United States

#26 Oct 5, 2011
Our family has known and loved all the Chapelle family for several years now. We met them through our childcare service when Jacob was still a baby. Jacob was a very loving, caring, and thoughtful child. He loved his Mommy, Daddy, and Sisters with such an innocent love.
Honestly when we received the news we were so devastated and shocked. We had so many unanswered questions. Most pressing was how to reconcile to ourselves that the man that we called a friend and had spent time with could look into the face of his own child and callously drown him in the family bathtub? What state of mind could justify murdering a helpless 4 yr old child? If Eric planned to kill himself as hes stated, why oh why didnt he just do it, instead of taking the life of his son?
We have prayed so much for Heather and the two little girls that mourn the loss of their brother. We have also prayed for Eric, that he seeks forgiveness for his act and every act afterwards as well. Honestly, its hard because its so hard to comprehend. But God tells us that we MUST forgive, b4 we will be forgiven. We pray that Heather can forgive and remember that God says, "vengeance is His!" We pray that Eric humbles himself b4 God and receives forgiveness.
Rocky and Beverly Rogers

United States

#27 Oct 5, 2011
Most of all we pray that Jacob is reunited with all the ones that he loved here on earth and that all involved will learn to forgive. We know forgetting will take a lifetime, but forgiveness only takes a willing heart.
Our hearts have been completely shattered by the senseless loss of this wonderful little boy who we have so many memories. We are angry by the thought that the only reason Jacob died was as a pawn to hurt his mother, otherwise he would have lived.
We understand Eric's loyalty to their son and brother. No matter the sin, God loves all of us and we are HIS children! They should love Eric and support him, by doing so it doesnt mean they condone what he has admitted to doing. It doesnt mean they didnt love Jacob, it means they simply love their own child as well.
We pray that the entire family can reconcile themselves to preserving Jacobs memory by putting these two remaining children before they put their own personal feelings. The legal system will sort out the legalities of the issue. A jury of our peers will give a verdict based on the evidence presented to them. As far as I can determine from Eric's own statements he had admitted fully to planning and executing the murder of his son, jacob Chapelle. Therefore that is not even questioned. Any sentence imposed on Eric here on earth will never equal the sentence imposed in his own mind or the one promised in the Bible if he refuses to admit the whole truth and seek forgiveness for his actions.
It is important to remember though that Heather is NOT on trial. The details of the broken marriage were aired in the divorce proceedings, and fault was determined and decreed. Although no one is perfect, Heather neither asked for or condoned the callous murder of her young son. Heather did what any other mother on earth would do when presented with speculation of sexual abuse. She reported it to the authorities and let them sort it out and produce evidence.
Rocky and Beverly Rogers

United States

#28 Oct 5, 2011
Anyone who trys to justify Erics admitted actions by blaming Heather is simply looking for a reason to hate.
This topic will be aired on Topix, in the newspapers, and on the television and radio because a child was murdered and like it or not it is BIG news in a small town like West Plains. Everyone will have their own opinions and they are valid and should be respected, not necessarily agreed with but respected nonetheless.
The most important thing to remember is that a little child lost his life because of issues he had nothing to do with. A little boy was used as a weapon of hatred and revenge. A little boy will never again feel his mothers kisses or hold his sisters hands. A little boy will never again celebrate a birthday, play football, go to prom, graduate, marry, or be a Dad himself someday...Nothing about that fact was determined by the his mother. The man who admittedly held this child in a bathtub of water until he breathed his last breath took those possibilities from Jacob and all who loved him.Only God can save this mans soul and no amount of argueing or pointing fingers will change that fact. Was he legally crazy when he did it? Doesnt matter, he did it. He said he ran the water and forcibly held Jacob under it until he died. A mental hospital, prison or the death sentence? Doesnt matter!!!!! NOTHING WILL EVER GIVE THIS CHILD BACK THE REST OF HIS LIFE!!!!
Mom

United States

#29 Nov 24, 2011
Thank You Beverly Well said.... It toooook a lot of praing and Soul searching, but I have forgiven Eric and I'm actually no longer mad at him. I am now feeling very sorry for him. I hope he gets on his knees asks God for forgiveness and really means what he is saying so he can make it to HEAVEN... I want him to hug our son, kiss him and tell him that he loves him. at first I was so mad at and hurt towards him and embarrasingly at God too.. I had my talk with God and now am faithfully in church and have managed to forgive him. It was very hard and took a lot of time, but I want my Heavenly father to forgive me so I can go to be reconciled with my son> I Love You Jacob!
Mom

United States

#30 Nov 24, 2011
So it will be clear, that was I have forgiven Eric!
Christian and Proud

United States

#31 Nov 24, 2011
Mom I don't know you or your family. I just wanted to say thank you for saying you forgive. It takes a big person to do that. And Im so glad you had a talk with God. We don't always understand our path, but God does. I will pray for you and all your family that God brings you peace and comfort, and that he keeps his loving arms around all of you.
God bless you all.
Anon

Memphis, TN

#32 Dec 25, 2011
I am very sorry for your loss Heather. And I do not codone Eric for what he did. I am too a mother. You think he does not care about what he did, He does if that is any consulation. I stupidly was arrested for Dui in West Plains and Eric is in Isolation. I was across from him in another cell. He talked alot about his children. It was Christmas. He is being punished everyday internally for what he did to little Jacob. I wanted to judge him, hate him, I am not God. WE as adults are responsible for are own actions, You are not to blame. The devil found a foothold. Eric completely blames himself. He never told me what he did. I googled it when I got out. He will never get out and he will live everyday with what he did to your son. The only way he keeps from killing himself is apparently a relationship he has developed with God. I don't know what he was like before all this happened. I just wanted to tell you that he is remorseful if that helps you at all. He talked alot about God, I could hear him reading scripture. I am not taking up for him. What he did was deplorable. I just wanted you to know he is rightly suffering for what he did. I do believe he is very mentally ill. You have to be that to do that to your own child. He is in a dirty. small cell, 24 7 away from the population. He sleeps on a hard mat on concrete. So he is paying for what he did. I hope you can find peace and forgiveness. You may know that forgiveness is for you, not the other person. I Dont want to see you live with anger and hatred. It will destroy you. You have been through too much to allow it to control the rest of your life. again I am so sorry for your great loss. I can't imagine what you are feeling. I can emphasize, for I am a mother too. I hope you can find peace with his family so the girls can benefit from having both families they need all of you. May God bless you and continue to help you and your family work through this pain.
Anon

Memphis, TN

#33 Dec 25, 2011
Mom wrote:
So it will be clear, that was I have forgiven Eric!
Hi again Heather I just read that you have forgiven Eric. I think that takes a pretty courageous person. Again I want you to know that Eric stated that the death penalty was on the table. And he wanted that too. Then he told me about working closely with several different pastures, As I told you the only way he has been able to deal with this is through salvation. He even told me that he has a prayer list and he prays for you and everyone involved. I was really upset with myself and he prayed for me. He read to me from the purpose driven life. like I said I did not know what he did, he could not talk about it. When I asked him how many children he had? He mentioned the girls, and I asked him if he had anymore children he said a son, got real quiet, I could hear him crying. And he went silent. I told him what ever he did I would pray for him and all of the people involved. God Bless you and the family
Ron

Lockhart, TX

#34 Jan 8, 2013
I just found out about all this I'm so sorry for you I pray that you make it through it all (H) I knew y'all before y'all moved
Mother Of Jacob
#35 Jan 15, 2013
Thanks Anon that means a lot to hear that he was remorseful! Now that Eric himself is deceased I just hope that he had a relationship with God and wasn't using God as a pawn like many other times.. It was good for me to know that he still loved the girls no matter what he has done... I know some may Judge me and say how can u feel this way and why do u care? The answer to that is simply because I have forgiven him! The girls have still yet to hear from his family and it's alright because they are making it just fine! I have forgiven for all that has been said and done.. I am now at peace with everything! and Just to clarify things, Most of the post on here I did not post I always replied with Mom or Mother of Jacob! And to Ron I just don't remember u, you stated u knew us before we moved. If it's before we moved from Alabama then I think I do, but I didn't know anyone in Missouri name Ron! I thank all of u for ur post I got everyones opinions and it actually helped me in the last almost 2 years, because I have came on here nemorous times and read all of this over and over and it all helped and with God's grace and the opinions on here I was able to forgive! Life is so much easier without hatred in your heart. and others were right I can't point fingers at anyone not even Eric because the Bible says no sin is greater than the other, a sin is a sin and I am a sinner we are all sinners and my sins are no better than Erics was, or his bigger than mine, they are all the same in Gods eyes! It is still to this day a struggle for me and the girls about the loss of Jacob and I guess it always will be, but he served his purpose here on Earth and God needed another Angel and he got the best! I am just patiently waiting til my time is done here so I can see my little buddy again! God Bless you and again Thank each and everyone of you!
-Heather
huh

Niangua, MO

#36 Jan 15, 2013
Anon wrote:
I am very sorry for your loss Heather. And I do not codone Eric for what he did. I am too a mother. You think he does not care about what he did, He does if that is any consulation. I stupidly was arrested for Dui in West Plains and Eric is in Isolation. I was across from him in another cell. He talked alot about his children. It was Christmas. He is being punished everyday internally for what he did to little Jacob. I wanted to judge him, hate him, I am not God. WE as adults are responsible for are own actions, You are not to blame. The devil found a foothold. Eric completely blames himself. He never told me what he did. I googled it when I got out. He will never get out and he will live everyday with what he did to your son. The only way he keeps from killing himself is apparently a relationship he has developed with God. I don't know what he was like before all this happened. I just wanted to tell you that he is remorseful if that helps you at all. He talked alot about God, I could hear him reading scripture. I am not taking up for him. What he did was deplorable. I just wanted you to know he is rightly suffering for what he did. I do believe he is very mentally ill. You have to be that to do that to your own child. He is in a dirty. small cell, 24 7 away from the population. He sleeps on a hard mat on concrete. So he is paying for what he did. I hope you can find peace and forgiveness. You may know that forgiveness is for you, not the other person. I Dont want to see you live with anger and hatred. It will destroy you. You have been through too much to allow it to control the rest of your life. again I am so sorry for your great loss. I can't imagine what you are feeling. I can emphasize, for I am a mother too. I hope you can find peace with his family so the girls can benefit from having both families they need all of you. May God bless you and continue to help you and your family work through this pain.
You are full of it. You say you are a mother too so that means you are a female. You would NEVER have been in a cell across from him. You would have been in the female cells while he was in men's maximum security in another part of the building.
JustWondering

Ozark, MO

#37 Jan 25, 2013
I only got to babysit little Jacob for a little while but I have never been able to let this go. I think about him quite often.
pay attention

Fairfax, VA

#38 Jan 25, 2013
huh wrote:
<quoted text>You are full of it. You say you are a mother too so that means you are a female. You would NEVER have been in a cell across from him. You would have been in the female cells while he was in men's maximum security in another part of the building.
Eric spent a lot of time in the holding cell area. Lots of people of both genders spent time across from him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the digger 22 min grave digger 2
news for creasy bear 30 min grave digger 2
me the grave digger 30 min grave digger 12
Diamond Head 46 min grave digger 4
ironic huh? 2 hr grave digger 3
My name is elf and I love President Trump 2 hr grave digger 26
eyeing 2 hr grave digger 16

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages