what do u think should happen to murd...

what do u think should happen to murderer Eric Chappelle

Posted in the West Plains Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just curious

Daphne, AL

#1 May 14, 2011
Ok he admitted to drowning his 4 yr old son in the bathtub,right? He tried to plead insanity, which didn't work to well because he was evaluated then taken to jail. I can't believe the phsyco even got a bond of $500,000.00. His sick family is defending his actions and blaming the mother for what HE done to little JACOB. Just curious about if you were on the jury seat what would you say his punishment should be?
Hoping

Taneyville, MO

#2 May 14, 2011
I don't know and it's not my decision but I can see the pain in the postings by family. Everyone is hurting and lashing out right now and I just hope you all get some peace and can get on with your lives.
JUstice

West Plains, MO

#3 May 15, 2011
DEATH PENALITY-he hurt someone that was unable to protect thiersefl- that makes him a coward!
MyOpinion

Reeds Spring, MO

#4 May 15, 2011
Leave it alone... This can only make things worse for all involved.
serving justice

Montrose, AL

#5 May 15, 2011
MyOpinion wrote:
Leave it alone... This can only make things worse for all involved.
i believe your oppinion is the reason murderers and sex offenders get off on thier actions because people like you just wants to leave things alone. i also believe the post was asking what do we think should happen to this sick individual not if we thought it should just be let go. your comment almost sounds as if your condoning his actions so you must be sick also. in my opionion i think he should be put to death, but most of all i hope people like you aren't chosen to be on jury duty at the time of his trial.
Put urself in their shoes

Montrose, AL

#6 May 15, 2011
Hoping wrote:
I don't know and it's not my decision but I can see the pain in the postings by family. Everyone is hurting and lashing out right now and I just hope you all get some peace and can get on with your lives.
Say you had a child that was murdered by your husband, how easy do you think it would be for you to move on and find peace to go on with your life? I think it would be more difficult than I could ever imagine, because I'm not in thier shoes, but I do believe I would be crushed and will probably never find peace enough to move on. I also believe they have every right to lash out and be mad, especially some of the replies that I have seen on here. Who was the person that posted defending this man and blaming the poor mother who is going through so much already, that was a shame and whoever that was should be ashamed of themselves. My opinion this man should be tortured before put to death just like that little boy was tortured. I can't even imagine what that poor boy was going through, knowing his dad was holding him down not being able to breath. Yes he should be put to death, but in my opinion torture him first. To the Mother I am so sorry for your loss. I went to school with your husband and I am so sorry for all that has happened.
Hoping

West Plains, MO

#7 May 15, 2011
I say this gently -
I don't believe MyOpinion meant to just let it go. I believe he or she meant to quit stirring up the pot. There is nothing that can justify the taking of a child's life, and the person responsible will be held accountable, both in court and after death.
The families have been thru so much - on both sides.
It's a shame you all have to fight with each other on Topix. Leave it alone, what our opinion is isn't relevant here. Stirring up the pot with each family is going to add to your heartache and will help nothing.
local

United States

#8 May 15, 2011
Death wouldn't be bad enough for him, he deserves life in jail and become someone's b-tch. Because even the horrible people in prison hate people that kill/molest children. So if he spends the rest of his life in jail it will be worse than the death penality. His -sshole will wish he got the death penality.
MyOpinion

Reeds Spring, MO

#9 May 15, 2011
serving justice wrote:
<quoted text>i believe your oppinion is the reason murderers and sex offenders get off on thier actions because people like you just wants to leave things alone. i also believe the post was asking what do we think should happen to this sick individual not if we thought it should just be let go. your comment almost sounds as if your condoning his actions so you must be sick also. in my opionion i think he should be put to death, but most of all i hope people like you aren't chosen to be on jury duty at the time of his trial.
Apparently you have no idea what I ment. So what I was saying is the more people get on here an voice there opinion the worse your going to make it for his the family. People like you get on here an assume what you just stated to me an make thing worse. I didnt state anything about the piece of thrash that did this to that poor little boy.
MyOpinion

Reeds Spring, MO

#10 May 15, 2011
Hoping wrote:
I say this gently -
I don't believe MyOpinion meant to just let it go. I believe he or she meant to quit stirring up the pot. There is nothing that can justify the taking of a child's life, and the person responsible will be held accountable, both in court and after death.
The families have been thru so much - on both sides.
It's a shame you all have to fight with each other on Topix. Leave it alone, what our opinion is isn't relevant here. Stirring up the pot with each family is going to add to your heartache and will help nothing.
An thats exactly what I ment. Thank You.. I just think that this is going to make it harder for the family.
Hoping

West Plains, MO

#11 May 15, 2011
It's the father's family and the mother's family fighting it out, and Topix is not the place. They are going to make things so much worse, and accusations and blaming is not going to bring a little boy back. Such a shame as both sides are grieving and yet they still can't work together. Sad.
Mother Of Jacob Chappelle

Montrose, AL

#12 May 15, 2011
Hoping wrote:
It's the father's family and the mother's family fighting it out, and Topix is not the place. They are going to make things so much worse, and accusations and blaming is not going to bring a little boy back. Such a shame as both sides are grieving and yet they still can't work together. Sad.
I have sent Eric's Mom, Dad and his Sister a letter trying to reconcile with them. Some parts are harsh, because I am hurt towards them I won't lie, but I hope they can forgive me for the harsh words. I have nothing against them, besides blaming me for my sons death. I have said that they were to blame out of anger, but I didn't mean any of it. I'm just hurt over all of this. It's like Eric destroyed me by taking my baby from me and they want to destroy me with all of these words. I don't know what I have ever done to them. Yeah I did leave their son and brother. I may have put a lot of pressure on him, but I was also tired of the abuse. Still that is no EXCUSE to murder my son. They will believe nothing that I say. I understand the part where they were trying to help Eric during the divorce, because that is their son, but if Jacob would have murdered his son that is where the help STOPPED! I would drive a million miles to be there for that mother and my grand kids. I would not blame her, I would be mad at my son not the mother, she didn't do it, but again that is my opinion which I guess doesn't really matter. The only side of the story they will believe is what my estranged husband tells them. Which is nothing but lies. I guess I will have to go on one of those talk shows and take a lie detector test to prove I'm telling the truth. Which is stupid in my opinion, but I WILL prove that I am truthful for my girls to be able to see their family. I did tell them that I hope that we can put all of this childish finger pointing behind us for the 2 girls. I don't know what to do. The girls want to see their NaNa and Paw Paw and their aunt T. Do any of you have any suggestions? I am at a loss! I told Eric before any of this ever happened that I would never keep any of the kids from him or his family. Well the girls will never see him again, but I want them to have a part of their FAMILY! I need all the help I can get. I don't know what to do! Good or bad I can handle it! Thanks A desperate Mother....
Concerned

Violet Hill, AR

#13 May 15, 2011
I really wish there was something I could tell you to make you feel better but I am not really sure what it would be at this time. Seems your ex family wants to put the blame on you because they just can't believe there son would do such thing.I know they have already told you that if you would have stayed with him this would not have happened. But as you said you had had enough of the abuse. But I don't care what anyone says it still was not right for him to do what he did. I know you don't blame his parents and they should not blame you. If your girls want to see there grandparants I think that I would let them. At least you will be the one in the right if you let them vist. You have to remember they have also suffered a great loss and keeping them from there family will only make things worse and when they get older they will blame you. So regardless of rather it hurts or who it hurts always do what you feel is right.
Hoping

Mansfield, MO

#14 May 16, 2011
They are probably saying things they don't mean right now too. Everyone is still in shock and saying stupid things. But both sides know only one person is to blame for taking a child's life, no matter what happened leading up to that time. So what if they believe what he tells them? The important thing is you know the truth, it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. What would I do right now? I would stay away from the family altogether, at least for awhile, and I would ignore yet document anything they say. If they send you nasty emails or letters, save them. If they post things about you, save them. Just in case. I would avoid them until things are more clear to you and to them, and both sides are ready to move forward. If that indeed does happen, then you need to forgive them as much as they need to forgive you. Until then, ignore them and try to find some peace. Stay with family and good friends, take each day as it comes..there will be good days and bad days. Sometimes you have to take each day hour by hour, or minute by minute. What you cannot due for your own sanity and peace of mind is make this any worse than it is by letting your emotions and anger get the better of you.
Mother Of Jacob Chappelle

Montrose, AL

#15 May 17, 2011
Hoping wrote:
They are probably saying things they don't mean right now too. Everyone is still in shock and saying stupid things. But both sides know only one person is to blame for taking a child's life, no matter what happened leading up to that time. So what if they believe what he tells them? The important thing is you know the truth, it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. What would I do right now? I would stay away from the family altogether, at least for awhile, and I would ignore yet document anything they say. If they send you nasty emails or letters, save them. If they post things about you, save them. Just in case. I would avoid them until things are more clear to you and to them, and both sides are ready to move forward. If that indeed does happen, then you need to forgive them as much as they need to forgive you. Until then, ignore them and try to find some peace. Stay with family and good friends, take each day as it comes..there will be good days and bad days. Sometimes you have to take each day hour by hour, or minute by minute. What you cannot due for your own sanity and peace of mind is make this any worse than it is by letting your emotions and anger get the better of you.
That is so true! I guess I should leave well enough alone. I just hate that we have to be fighting over something that Eric has done and that we had nothing to do with. In that case it just means that Eric has won in more ways than one, but he will not win for long. He will have his punishment here on Earth and then when we're (reason I say we're, I will make sure my baby has his JUSTICE served no matter how long it takes) through with him, he will have to face God, which whom is not to keen when it comes to children. HE will LOSE in the end! I will win....
Sad

Reeds Spring, MO

#16 May 17, 2011
Mother Of Jacob Chappelle wrote:
<quoted text> That is so true! I guess I should leave well enough alone. I just hate that we have to be fighting over something that Eric has done and that we had nothing to do with. In that case it just means that Eric has won in more ways than one, but he will not win for long. He will have his punishment here on Earth and then when we're (reason I say we're, I will make sure my baby has his JUSTICE served no matter how long it takes) through with him, he will have to face God, which whom is not to keen when it comes to children. HE will LOSE in the end! I will win....
I dont know you or anyone involved. But do not blame yourself for what he did to your baby. That is in no way your fault, you did not make him do that no matter what anyone has to say. Reguardless of what pain they are feeling they have no right to blame you in any way for what he did. Im very sorry for your loss, an hope you can find some peace an closure.
stankyleg

Daphne, AL

#17 May 18, 2011
i think i know this sick a$$. I think I used to work with him in mobile when he drove a truck for the mission of hope and he used to steal stuff from the donation boxws. maybe that's why he left and went to mo. because he was so ashamed of what he done in alabama. now he really has something to be ashamed for and I think there isn't enough punishment for his actions. but my heart goes out to the mother and other children. so sorry for your loss.
Mother Of Jacob Chappelle

Daphne, AL

#18 May 20, 2011
stankyleg wrote:
i think i know this sick a$$. I think I used to work with him in mobile when he drove a truck for the mission of hope and he used to steal stuff from the donation boxws. maybe that's why he left and went to mo. because he was so ashamed of what he done in alabama. now he really has something to be ashamed for and I think there isn't enough punishment for his actions. but my heart goes out to the mother and other children. so sorry for your loss.
You are so right he did work for the Mission Of Hope (American Thrift) and he did steal from there. Matter of fact he tried to steal something one time and he hit a tree limb and tore a hole in the top of the truck. He lied to the manager and told him that he was coming down Springhill Ave and hit a tree limb and supposively he couldn't find the limb he hit, well thats why he wasn't on Springhill Ave! He was driving one of the white box trucks. May I ask you who you are? I think I know who you, just answer this, to let me know did he call you when his daughter was born? or are you the person that was with him when he hit that car? Does your name begin with an S? That will all sum it up for me. I think he had everyone at American Thrift fooled as well. He was fired from there, went to Penske to work for a while, I was the garbage of his life there as well. I hope everyone can see the truth now! Thank you for your thoughts and your post! If you are who I think you are, I just hate that we speak again on here on these terms. I loved my little buddy if you look me up on FB you can see what my son looked like.(Heather Chappelle)Everyone can look me up to see my son for that matter. I want you all to see how handsome he is. Eric should be ashamed of himself, but I don't think he cares. He was visited by a detective about my oldest daughter and the detective said that he talks normal like nothing has even happened.... Now that is a sick @$$!
nana24

Santa Clara, CA

#19 Jun 2, 2011
I am so sorry for your loss. The only one to blame is the one that did the deed. Nothing anyone can say or do will bring your son back. Just know that your son will never be hurt again, and that he will always be with you and your girls in your hearts. As for punishment, not that my opinion means a hill of beans, but I agree that he needs to be put in prison, in general population, and it be announced to everyone else there what he did. This will save the state a lot of $$$$ and maybe give the families some piece of mind knowing that there is no chance he can ever hurt any one else ever again.
wow

Ozark, MO

#20 Jun 7, 2011
really

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Name of convenience store on 14 highway 27 min batrisse 1
Execution of Law Officer 1 hr grave digger 12
Tattoos in West Plains, MO 1 hr try Mike 2
Never trust a junkie 5 hr tim 5
New to town. How is the night life on the week... 17 hr churchgirl 10
Angel with dragon tattoos (May '14) 18 hr jgmac417 4
Satanic Temple Wed grave digger 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages