gas station drive offs
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Easy To Solve

Ozark, MO

#21 Nov 24, 2012
Pay before you pump. It's not rocket science.
crane

Branson, MO

#22 Nov 24, 2012
Jerry Seinsmeld wrote:
If all gas stations would invest some money in turning their pumps in a position where the car licence plates could all be read easily from inside the business, there wouldn't be a problem in identifying the people who drive off without paying. Many stations have people pull up "sideways" to the business where reading the licence plates would be impossible unless the clerks actually came out to look. Clerks could be responsible for jotting down the license plates on each vehicle or they can have a camera strategically located at the front of the store capable of reading each licence plate. It's not rocket science people.
Sometimes i have seen only one clerk in a store trying to do the job of 3 people. How the heck can they jott down license plates take care of 5 people standing in line, people wanting lottery checked and all the other crap they must do for minimum wage!! If there is a drive off and the company is not set up with pre pay or good license plate cameras i say its the company who must be held resposible!!Its that simple!

“Herp Derp”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#23 Nov 24, 2012
Jerry Seinsmeld wrote:
If all gas stations would invest some money in turning their pumps in a position where the car licence plates could all be read easily from inside the business, there wouldn't be a problem in identifying the people who drive off without paying. Many stations have people pull up "sideways" to the business where reading the licence plates would be impossible unless the clerks actually came out to look. Clerks could be responsible for jotting down the license plates on each vehicle or they can have a camera strategically located at the front of the store capable of reading each licence plate. It's not rocket science people.
I'm guessing you've never worked at a gas station. Jotting down every single license plate during a rush would be next to impossible without pissing off every single customer waiting in line. It's during the rushes, usually after work or school, that most of the drive offs happen because people know the clerk has too much going on to pay attention to everything.
Jerry Seinsmeld

Branson, MO

#24 Nov 25, 2012
Easy To Solve wrote:
Pay before you pump. It's not rocket science.
Come on, that kind of technology is years in the future.
Jerry Seinsmeld

Branson, MO

#25 Nov 25, 2012
Speeluunjuur wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm guessing you've never worked at a gas station. Jotting down every single license plate during a rush would be next to impossible without pissing off every single customer waiting in line. It's during the rushes, usually after work or school, that most of the drive offs happen because people know the clerk has too much going on to pay attention to everything.
They could hire someone just for that specific job. You know, somebody fast on their feet and sneaky so the customer never sees them. They could even dress them up to look like one of the pumps.
Dianna hoiland

Union City, GA

#26 Jul 27, 2013
So today I prepaid for gas for about $10 when I started pumping the gas I looked off when I looked back it said about $15. I went to the register and asked what happened she said she must of not charged me. She then wanted me to pay the $15 which I didmt have I only had the $10. I was useing a gas card at walmart.like I always do. So she says I owe her $6.52 but I have no cash I dont get paid till tomarrow. she took down my name and asked if I would come back with the money. I said I could try but all of my friemds are broke. What should I do? I dont think its right that I pay for her.mess up but my mom works at a.gas station so I know how it could screw her over. What.would you do?
Dianna hoiland

Union City, GA

#27 Jul 27, 2013
Also will they press charges on me?
Candice

West Plains, MO

#28 Jul 27, 2013
Dianna hoiland wrote:
Just pay her when you can! People make mistakes!
grave digger

Willow Springs, MO

#29 Jul 27, 2013
Dianna hoiland wrote:
So today I prepaid for gas for about $10 when I started pumping the gas I looked off when I looked back it said about $15. I went to the register and asked what happened she said she must of not charged me. She then wanted me to pay the $15 which I didmt have I only had the $10. I was useing a gas card at walmart.like I always do. So she says I owe her $6.52 but I have no cash I dont get paid till tomarrow. she took down my name and asked if I would come back with the money. I said I could try but all of my friemds are broke. What should I do? I dont think its right that I pay for her.mess up but my mom works at a.gas station so I know how it could screw her over. What.would you do?
pay her tomorrow after you get paid,,,
Lilly

West Plains, MO

#30 Jul 27, 2013
Dianna hoiland wrote:
Yes they can. That is stealing but a misdemeanor. You say you get paid tomorrow and you got the gas you didn't have money for now but you will need later, right? So why even ask, you pay her. This will help her to watch better.
grave digger

Willow Springs, MO

#31 Jul 27, 2013
Lilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they can. That is stealing but a misdemeanor. You say you get paid tomorrow and you got the gas you didn't have money for now but you will need later, right? So why even ask, you pay her. This will help her to watch better.
its not really stealing,,,cuz the gas prices are stealing from us,,,what did she get,,,a half a gallon with the extra 5 bucks,,,they steal more then a half a gallon from us everytime you prepay when the pump kicks off way before the price you paid and the gas trickles out of the hose until it kicks off,,,so who is stealing from who?,,,she better pay or her picture will end up on the howell county most wanted in the quill,,,ha haa haaa,,,bad girls bad girls what we gunna do when they come for you bad girls bad girls,,,,lie like a mother f----r,,,thats what you do,,,ha haa haaa,,,stealing gas round here is second to detaining a library book for major crimes,,,plus aint no defense lawyer gunna take your case for this crime,,,cuz they figure if you cant pay for gas you cant pay them blood suckers to lie for you in court,,,ha haa haaa,,,
wow

Ozark, MO

#32 Jul 28, 2013
You people are idiots! The clerks that are being held responsible are the ones that work at gas stations the require pre pay which is most places these days and that's how it should be and that's because there are low life scum bags out there that ruin it for everyone. Same people that are on here, people that have no jobs and want and expect a hand out. Obama lovers. You people seriously make me sick and I'm amazed at how stupid you are. All the comments and responses, I could not believe there wasn't one person smart enough to figure out "pre pay." What is wrong with you people? Smh. It's not even funny. It's pathetic.
Tony

Ozark, MO

#33 Jul 28, 2013
wow wrote:
You people are idiots! The clerks that are being held responsible are the ones that work at gas stations the require pre pay which is most places these days and that's how it should be and that's because there are low life scum bags out there that ruin it for everyone. Same people that are on here, people that have no jobs and want and expect a hand out. Obama lovers. You people seriously make me sick and I'm amazed at how stupid you are. All the comments and responses, I could not believe there wasn't one person smart enough to figure out "pre pay." What is wrong with you people? Smh. It's not even funny. It's pathetic.
You are too! Lmao!
Yuck

Ozark, MO

#34 Jul 28, 2013
wow wrote:
Since the majority of this town is Republican, your Obama lover comment makes no sense whatsoever.
grave digger

Ozark, MO

#35 Jul 28, 2013
wow wrote:
the grave digger did not vote for obama,,,but did drive off from a gas station this one time,,,without paying for the gas,,,almost got caught,,,cuz the gas station worker run after the grave digger,,,can you beleive that,,,run on foot after the grave diggers car,,,yelling something or other,,,but couldnt hear the duffus cuz the radio was turned up loud with rock n roll,,,baby,,,ha haa haaa,,,so the grave digger stoped,,,and when the dufus got about 10 ft from the car,,,sped away another 25 yards or so,,,then stoped again,,,ha haa haaa,,,we did this for almost 3 football feilds lengths,,,then the dufus bent over out of breath holding up his middle finger at the grave digger,,,can you beleive that?,,,flipping the grave digger off,,,that rude punk,,,ha haa haaa,,,so the grave digger did what the grave digger does best to rude people,,,sped back to the gas station while the dufus was out of breath and football feilds away,,,and filled the tank all the way,,,grabbed a ham an cheese sandwich,,,a soda,,,some chips,,,a pack of smokes and lighter,,,newspapper and a pkg of gum,,,then just drove off and went on the grave diggers merry way,,,ha haa haaa,,,cant ever go back to theadosia mo anymore,,,but what the f--k for,,,ha haa haaa,,,the ham an cheese sandwich was past the exp date,,,ha haa haaa,,,
Thief

Nixa, MO

#36 Jul 29, 2013
Stealing from your employer is no different than what the people that drive off are doing. Stealing is stealing. Sounds like you have some stand up morals! If you're an employee that doesn't like the business policy (which I'm sure is clear upon taking the job)...them quit or don't take the job to begin with.
truth wrote:
<quoted text>That is wrong an employee has to pay back the employer after someone robs the place of gas. The next thing you know the store owner will charge the employee for shortages after every inventory. You should call the justic dept in jeff city and ask who to talk to and they will guide you to the right dept. then report your place of buisness. You can also make a police report after each drive off and when an if they do catch the drive off person, they catch most of them, you are the one who can get the money back not the store owner. Either that or rob the store owner yourself slowly over time like a cancer cell and get your money back from the prick store owner that way. Or slip and fall and hurt your back and sue the prick store owner or when the store owner leaves for the day put some out of order signs on the farthest gas pumps or make everyone pre pay for gas or skim a few cents from every customer to cover your losses or find a new job then post the store owner and store name on this topix and tell your story of the ignorent prick store owner and hurt the buisness that way. You don't steal from an employee who only gets paid enough to barley get buy, the store owning prick can buy insurence for gas drive offs which the greedy basterd most likely has already.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
West Plains Graduates who have passed away (Oct '12) 2 hr Knew her 39
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 5 hr Trump OWNED Gore 107,570
Bethany Drake.. 6 hr Jacs 1
Obama dont like white people 12 hr dump trump 2
Mindy Murphy 18 hr stayaway 4
threesomes or more 18 hr GG Top 3
Walmart Wed MeetMrsDick 12

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages