Bats found in the Butler House at chi...

Bats found in the Butler House at childrens park

Posted in the West Plains Forum

everyday guy

Willow Springs, MO

#1 Aug 3, 2010
In regard to the finding of bats in the attic of the Butler house in the Childrens park in West Plains, I hope the public takes into account the lack of consideration Mr. Spence had when speaking to the mother of the girl scratched by a bat. Apparently, Mr. Spence has little regard for the public in West Plains. I wonder how this will translate to his potential new post he is running for and should we the people vote him into an office like that when he exhibits so little concern for our well being? Sounds like a typical heartless beaurocrat and, considering the state of the economy and the nation, I dont think we need anymore unconcerned beaurocrats in office.
Dick Weed

Ozark, MO

#2 Aug 3, 2010
Bats are eveywhere. Be glad they're around.
Life is full of challenges and we all take our chances when we get out of bed in the morning. You should GET OVER IT ya crybaby.
Che Kit

Amherstburg, Canada

#3 Aug 3, 2010
Who put the little girl in the attic in the first place? XD
bats

Wright City, MO

#4 Aug 3, 2010
Che Kit wrote:
Who put the little girl in the attic in the first place? XD
she wasnt in the attic,she was across the street at a babysitters house
Kramer

United States

#5 Aug 3, 2010
Royce Fugate is the ultimately the one in charge. He has total disregard for the family. Can't wait till he is out of office.
Dick Weed

Ozark, MO

#6 Aug 4, 2010
Kramer wrote:
Royce Fugate is the ultimately the one in charge. He has total disregard for the family. Can't wait till he is out of office.
You're probably one of those people that are anti big government, but you'll start bitching about Royce Fugate and a bat scratching a girl. What do you want really? Maybe a special department for bats, bees and spiders? GET a GRIP!
Amazed

Canada

#8 Aug 4, 2010
Dick Weed wrote:
<quoted text> What do you want really?
They want public buildings in public places to be safe and healthy for both those who work in them and those who visit them. The poster wants accountability from local officials elected by the public to do a job.
Dick Weed

Ozark, MO

#9 Aug 4, 2010
Amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
They want public buildings in public places to be safe and healthy for both those who work in them and those who visit them. The poster wants accountability from local officials elected by the public to do a job.
What they want is a perfect world in which there is no danger or risks in life. It isn't gonna happen no matter who you elect or who you have workin' for ya. For them I say, stay home lock your doors and windows and don't come out or somthin' might getcha.
Raphaella

United States

#10 Aug 4, 2010
Bats are everywhere this summer. How can anyone be sure where the bat that scratched the child came from?

I fail to understand why the City or County would be liable unless the girl was inside a government
structure when she was scratched.

It sounds more like "everyday guy" wanted to use this situation to discredit Larry Spence rather than show genuine concern for the kid. Larry Spence is neither heartless nor unconcerned about the citizens of Howell County. He has served us
well as presiding commissioner and will make a fine collector.
Kramer

United States

#11 Aug 4, 2010
Dick Weed wrote:
<quoted text>You're probably one of those people that are anti big government, but you'll start bitching about Royce Fugate and a bat scratching a girl. What do you want really? Maybe a special department for bats, bees and spiders? GET a GRIP!
The city already has a department for that. The building inspector . He acts on complaints of bees and bats that are in structures inside the city limits. You probably don't have children or if you do you don't take them to the park. It was approximately two years ago or less that a man from houston, Mo. died from an untreated bat scratch. By the time the doctors realized why he was sick it was too late. I realize that legally the city is not libel, but you would have to be a dick weed to think that the bat in question wasn't part of the same bats in the butler house.
Juan Valdez

Ozark, MO

#12 Aug 4, 2010
Kramer wrote:
<quoted text>
The city already has a department for that. The building inspector . He acts on complaints of bees and bats that are in structures inside the city limits. You probably don't have children or if you do you don't take them to the park. It was approximately two years ago or less that a man from houston, Mo. died from an untreated bat scratch. By the time the doctors realized why he was sick it was too late. I realize that legally the city is not libel, but you would have to be a dick weed to think that the bat in question wasn't part of the same bats in the butler house.
All I'm sayin' is "sh!t happens." I hope that's simple enough for ya.
WPR7

West Plains, MO

#13 Aug 5, 2010
Someone (the Quill) should check out the West Plains High School building if they want a bat story. That place is totally infested and the administration is doing nothing about it!
informant

West Plains, MO

#14 Aug 6, 2010
oh no .... animal life!!!!! paranoid parent in an article in the quill REALY needs a life. I hope her kids dont get ahold of her perscriptions.... thats a far bigger hazard. thank you.
Kramer

United States

#15 Aug 6, 2010
informant wrote:
oh no .... animal life!!!!! paranoid parent in an article in the quill REALY needs a life. I hope her kids dont get ahold of her perscriptions.... thats a far bigger hazard. thank you.
You are an idiot, rabies is very serious.
Dick Weed

Ozark, MO

#16 Aug 6, 2010
Kramer wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot, rabies is very serious.
There's a spider on your back!
Kramer

United States

#17 Aug 6, 2010
Dick Weed wrote:
<quoted text>There's a spider on your back!
Just go live in your own world. If it does not affect you it can't be a problem.
myconcerns

Chestnutridge, MO

#18 Aug 10, 2010
informant wrote:
Ok, I agree that the there are chances of dying each day and chances that your child can be hurt. However, this is a children's park and you have no regards to the fact that bats have been found "in" the park. There are times when I have personally seen died baby bats outside of the steps. I'm not trying to be over protective. However, this mother is not asking for the city to be liable, she is asking for them to be careful and considerate. This is a kids park for God sake. This should be a concern. And if my child is bitten or any child for that matter while at the park, esp after this, the city will have a law suit. And bats are very dangerous. Obviously you do not have children, and the way you sound you do not need them. Although there are concerns everyday with your children, watching your child go through a series of shots and treatments is not something any mother wants another mother's child to have to go through. Quit sounding so cold hearted. O wait, your probably with fugate and them. That's all I have ever seen from him. No remorse, no concern, etc. Just like the fire department when he was so set against them. Maybe his house will burn, or maybe he will get bit by a bat. Then lets see the remorse.
oh yeah

Ozark, MO

#19 Aug 13, 2010
Kramer wrote:
He needs out of there agree 1000%
Kramer

United States

#20 Aug 23, 2010
Fugate should be ashamed of himself. Two union firefighters having a fundraiser for the girl that was scratched by the bat. You know what would happen if a non union firefighter was supporting this girl. He would be unemployed.
Bull Whisperer

Branson, MO

#21 Aug 24, 2010
So sorry that this happened. As to the city being bound to pay is like Mo. Dept. Conservation paying when one of thier deer wrecks your car, or several trash your hay field. Then it's wildlife and not thier animals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is there any BDSM club here in West Plains? 1 hr SubmissiveGuy 1
Found 2 hr grave digger 1
for sale 2 hr grave digger 1
hahaha faux news 2 hr grave digger 9
creasy bear titus 2 grave digger 3 hr elf 8
Thank you trump 4 hr elf 3
Free (Nov '16) 5 hr Fox News 44

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance