KHOM Sports Announcer
Jibbersome

Windsor, Canada

#42 Aug 19, 2010
cardsrule wrote:
Maybe it will be better now.Tom Marhfka is buying back KHOMso maybe they will get rid of the Royals games and the stammering sports guy who sounds like a slow kid with marbels in his mouth.I seriously doubt Tom will let the same sports news run three days in a row either.Over and over the same sports stories from 3 days ago.They should have fired that idiot a long time ago.
Marhefka is not buying back the stations. And Joe won't get fired his parents own the station.
LMAO

Windsor, Canada

#43 Aug 20, 2010
Someone needs to tell that guy CRACK KILLS.He should be fined everytime he bends over.
Pluck

Canada

#44 Sep 2, 2010
yikes wrote:
lol... Larry Calton is his name. He used to call for Ozark Radio Network but wanted to call Kosh games so he moved over to KHOM. He did play pro baseball and called for a professional basketball team.
That's not why he left ORN.........
mmm

Marshfield, MO

#45 Sep 3, 2010
he left ORN because he wanted to call Kosh games for KHOM and Cabool games for KSPQ and he couldn't be on both stations.
PLENTY

Canada

#46 Sep 4, 2010
mmm wrote:
he left ORN because he wanted to call Kosh games for KHOM and Cabool games for KSPQ and he couldn't be on both stations.
But do you think it is a great idea to be sending this man into area high schools?Really?No.He's got a record and anyone can look it up.
mmm

Marshfield, MO

#47 Sep 5, 2010
How can he keep calling games at high schools with that record?
foolio

Canada

#48 Sep 8, 2010
mmm wrote:
How can he keep calling games at high schools with that record?
Uh he isn't anymore.He is found out.The owners tried to keep it all hush hush.Heard the station was devastated when they lost him.All they cared about was that he was once a pro announcer.That is how they roll!
ohok

Marshfield, MO

#49 Sep 9, 2010
He no longer works for KHOM?
LOL

Canada

#50 Sep 10, 2010
He works there still but won't be going to anymore schools.The owners of that station are downright imbeciles.They send a listed pervo into area schools and then go post a hate group meeting on 3riversdailynews!League of the South is considered a white supremist hate group!What a bunch of damned fools!
lippy

Canada

#51 Sep 17, 2010
This is west plains.does it really surprise you?Molesters,incest,druggies, and racists abound.The owners must be stupid not to do background checks or they just are so desperate for help.I hear everyone quits them.Maybe they got chased around the office!LOL
The Editor

Wentzville, MO

#52 Sep 20, 2010
How many different profiles can just two or three profiles come up with? Reading your grammar and syntax it's all the same. If you're going to use different alias' at least change it up a little. Both of you need to get back to work and make your radio stations better.
The Janitor

Windsor, Canada

#53 Sep 22, 2010
Yes get back to work.Your station keeps going off the air and it sounds like digital during a storm!Clean up your desk too,you freakin' sloth.Enjoy the sloppy seconds!
Crenshaw

Buffalo, NY

#55 Jul 12, 2012
Wonder Girl wrote:
Who is the radio sports announcer on KHOM. I know he is a pro baseball player from the past from his conversation, but who? I think his name is Larry Calton, not sure on the spelling. Whoever he is, I think he is an asset to the station.
The Larry Calton you mention played "A" pro ball for about four years. Later became a sports guy at a Grand Junction, Colorado TV station but was charged with fondling either one of his colleagues or somebody he was interviewing and run out of town. This was about 2001 or 2002 I think but could've been earlier.
wants to know

Ava, MO

#56 Mar 7, 2013
I heard that Mr Calton was fired from Khom.. If so Why??
Tim

Ozark, MO

#57 Mar 13, 2013
Harlin Hutchison from Kdy is the best sportscaster in the area. I'd rather listen to him over anyone else around.
Paulette Calton

Reeds Spring, MO

#58 Aug 29, 2013
Crenshaw wrote:
<quoted text> The Larry Calton you mention played "A" pro ball for about four years. Later became a sports guy at a Grand Junction, Colorado TV station but was charged with fondling either one of his colleagues or somebody he was interviewing and run out of town. This was about 2001 or 2002 I think but could've been earlier.
I hav been married to Larry Calton for nearly 16 years, and would like to clear a couple things up after stumbling upon this post from quite a while back. People here have no way of knowing the truth of the matter. Not sure where they are getting their information, but it isn't from a reliable source, for sure.

First off, Larry did play AAA baseball for 5 years, then was a professional broadcaster for much of his life. In Grand Junction, he was actually the weatherman for an NBC affiliate. That was his job when I met him in 1997. He was charged with inappropriately touching a woman who worked in a mechanic shop (in 2001), where he was using the FAX machine to fax in numbers for his weather show that night. It was a set-up, however. Larry was extremely popular in western Colorado due to his entertaining weather spots. Everybody knew him. The woman who filed charges had done the same thing to other men, hoping to gain financially.

While my husband was guilty of about 5 seconds of foolishness (at the woman's invitation), he did NOT break the law and he did NOT sexually assault anyone. This was an extremely difficult time of our lives, as anyone might well imagine. If he had been guilty I would have been the first to applaud that justice had been served. But he was not guilty, was falsely convicted, was given the lightest sentence possible, and was even apologized to by the judge (who understood he was innocent even though the jury convicted). The same judge waived ALL restrictions. In Missouri, there would never have even been a case, and in Colorado, had he not been a celebrity, there would never have been false charges filed. He had no limitations as far as contact with children, and was allowed to remain in the home where I had a 12-year-old daughter. That daughter's father (my ex-husband) even testified at the sentencing, asking the judge not to remove Larry from our home! He was not the slightest bit concerned that his daughter was at risk, and if he had been, he would have made an issue of it in a heartbeat. Almost all folks involved knew Larry was innocent of the charges (including the woman who falsely accused him and then lied in court)~ about 35 women who had had occasion to be alone with Larry wrote letters to the judge attesting to his good character and behavior around them, always a gentleman. We still have these letters.

Things are not always what they seem. Just because a person has a past conviction does not mean that they are automatically guilty. Mistakes are made because judicial systems are run by flawed human beings. Again and again this blight on Larry's life, caused by one self-seeking young woman without moral scruples, has reared its ugly head and made us heartsick as people chose to believe the worst. It has cost us dearly, in more ways than one.

One more correction to this post ~ Larry was NOT run out of town! Good grief ~ we lived in a mountain town above Grand Junction at the time, and remained there until 2008 (about 7 years later), when we moved to Missouri for reasons completely unconnected to his conviction. Such a faulty assumption!

Larry's time of mandated registration is nearly over and we will be traveling back to Grand Junction the end of September 2013 to have it finalized in court. He will no longer be termed a "registered sex offender," but it will always be on his record, unfortunately. All that said, Larry is one of the best radio guys and sports play-by-play broadcasters around. He is also one of the most decent guys a person could ever encounter. I am honored to call him my husband.
Paulette Calton

Reeds Spring, MO

#59 Aug 29, 2013
I have been married to Larry Calton for nearly 16 years, and would like to clear a couple things up after stumbling upon this post from quite a while back. People here have no way of knowing the truth of the matter. Not sure where they are getting their information, but it isn't from a reliable source, for sure.
First off, Larry did play AAA baseball for 5 years, then was a professional broadcaster for much of his life. In Grand Junction, he was actually the weatherman for an NBC affiliate. That was his job when I met him in 1997. He was charged with inappropriately touching a woman who worked in a mechanic shop (in 2001), where he was using the FAX machine to fax in numbers for his weather show that night. It was a set-up, however. Larry was extremely popular in western Colorado due to his entertaining weather spots. Everybody knew him. The woman who filed charges had done the same thing to other men, hoping to gain financially.
While my husband was guilty of about 5 seconds of foolishness (at the woman's invitation), he did NOT break the law and he did NOT sexually assault anyone. This was an extremely difficult time of our lives, as anyone might well imagine. If he had been guilty I would have been the first to applaud that justice had been served. But he was not guilty, was falsely convicted, was given the lightest sentence possible, and was even apologized to by the judge (who understood he was innocent even though the jury convicted). The same judge waived ALL restrictions. In Missouri, there would never have even been a case, and in Colorado, had he not been a celebrity, there would never have been false charges filed. He had no limitations as far as contact with children, and was allowed to remain in the home where I had a 12-year-old daughter. That daughter's father (my ex-husband) even testified at the sentencing, asking the judge not to remove Larry from our home! He was not the slightest bit concerned that his daughter was at risk, and if he had been, he would have made an issue of it in a heartbeat. Almost all folks involved knew Larry was innocent of the charges (including the woman who falsely accused him and then lied in court)~ about 35 women who had had occasion to be alone with Larry wrote letters to the judge attesting to his good character and behavior around them, always a gentleman. We still have these letters.
Things are not always what they seem. Just because a person has a past conviction does not mean that they are automatically guilty. Mistakes are made because judicial systems are run by flawed human beings. Again and again this blight on Larry's life, caused by one self-seeking young woman without moral scruples, has reared its ugly head and made us heartsick as people chose to believe the worst. It has cost us dearly, in more ways than one.
One more correction to a poster's comment ~ Larry was NOT run out of town! Good grief ~ we lived in a mountain town above Grand Junction at the time, and remained there until 2008 (about 7 years later), when we moved to Missouri for reasons completely unconnected to his conviction. Such a faulty assumption!
Larry's time of mandated registration is nearly over and we will be traveling back to Grand Junction the end of September 2013 to have it finalized in court. He will no longer be termed a "registered sex offender," but it will always be on his record, unfortunately. All that said, Larry is one of the best radio guys and sports play-by-play broadcasters around. He is also one of the most decent guys a person could ever encounter. I am honored to call him my husband.
Paulette Calton

Reeds Spring, MO

#60 Aug 29, 2013
wants to know wrote:
I heard that Mr Calton was fired from Khom.. If so Why??
He wasn't "fired." The station was soon to be sold and all the part-time people were let go as a money-saving step. Larry still went in as a regular guest on the Drive-Home Show (for free) until the actual change-of-ownership happened and sports was no longer part of the station's offering.
Shadow

Mount Vernon, MO

#61 Aug 29, 2013
Paulette Calton wrote:
<quoted text>
I hav been married to Larry Calton for nearly 16 years, and would like to clear a couple things up after stumbling upon this post from quite a while back. People here have no way of knowing the truth of the matter. Not sure where they are getting their information, but it isn't from a reliable source, for sure.
One more correction to this post ~ Larry was NOT run out of town! Good grief ~ we lived in a mountain town above Grand Junction at the time, and remained there until 2008 (about 7 years later), when we moved to Missouri for reasons completely unconnected to his conviction. Such a faulty assumption!
Um,yeah....to be charged and found guilty there had to be some kind of evidence. I have never seen one person's simple hearsay get to far in court, so I doubt much of what you say and find your act of libeling the victim quite disgusting.
get educated

Branson, MO

#62 Aug 30, 2013
Shadow wrote:
<quoted text> Um,yeah....to be charged and found guilty there had to be some kind of evidence. I have never seen one person's simple hearsay get to far in court, so I doubt much of what you say and find your act of libeling the victim quite disgusting.
This happens more often than you think, especially in larger cities. That is why the majority of businesses have a policy that forbids employees from dating, hooking up etc with each other or clients of the business. When it ends it suddenly becomes sexual harassment or some form of work discrimination. It is not uncommon for a woman to purposely place herself in this position in the hopes of financial gain from either the guy or the company. If some foolish man goes to jail or becomes a convicted felon ... well, who cares as long as the accuser gets her payday (or payback).
You don't have to be that smart to come on to a guy in private, especially a maybe not so happy married man, then make sure a boss or fellow employee sees him grab your ass while you act offended and assaulted.
I'm not saying that happened in this case... none of us where there so we will never know. But this does happen far more frequently than you would like to think unfortunately. Just like parents are ok with their 16 yr old daughter dating a 19 yr old until she gets pregnant. Then it becomes statutory rape and the 19 yr old is a sex offender for life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Life without grave digger 7 hr Creasy Bear 8
Russia is a Nothingburger 7 hr Creasy Bear 34
Motorcycle Shop 7 hr Creasy Bear 3
Elect Roy Moore! 10 hr RepublicansForPed... 19
Tatterdemalion 12 hr Creasy Bear 20
we want this 13 hr Creasy Bear 6
The Fantastic Moonpie Lie !! 14 hr Wiley_C_ Bear 1
So the girls in this town? (Jan '16) 14 hr Wiley_C_ Bear 66

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web