Tired

Ozark, MO

#1 Aug 27, 2013
Love it how the stepmom says the kids should be treated equal no favortism well not when it comes to HER kids well honey one of these days your husband will wake up and see how you treat them different but what you really want is for HIM to forget about his own child one of these days he WILL wake up and see what you are doing. Does anyone else have this problem my sons feelings does get hurt so TIRED of it.
Often

Branson, MO

#2 Aug 27, 2013
Often the Step Parent does not REALIZE he/she is doing it. The protective innate behavior of the parent is to protect his/her own, and it takes a conscious effort to stop (realize this is happening) then 'include' the step child as his/her own.

I see it all the time.
yeah right

Branson, MO

#3 Aug 27, 2013
most step parents are jealous. they are stepparent because that is what they do step on children so they can be center of attention. children are children no matter who the parents are. the only thing that that a mean stepparent is teaching children is that humans are selfish. not really grown ups just selfish. but no matter what karma will catch up. I have a stepmom and a step dad. both are worthless in my eyes and always will be.
Tired

Ozark, MO

#4 Aug 27, 2013
She knows it she is just SNEAKY about it he will figure it out only problem is it will be to late the child is already hurt and he will have missed out on a lot. The only memories he will have is with his wifes kids then he will wake up! Thats the what SHE wants it but KARMA is a B---- and it will come back to her keeping him away from his kid and their school things Kids are not dumb they know who goes and who dont they may not say anything but they know who was there for their things.
sad

United States

#5 Aug 27, 2013
If your going to get married to someone that has kids you need to have an understanding before you get married about the kids because they are the ones that suffers and if both people has kids they need to do for all of them not just one side remember its the child that suffers if it is the step mom doing this the dad is no man or he would step up and do for his child whether she liked it or not glad I dont have this problem but I feel sorry for any child that thinks their dad or mom favors their spouse's children over there them all it will do is make that child resent them.
grave digger

Reeds Spring, MO

#6 Aug 27, 2013
sad wrote:
If your going to get married to someone that has kids you need to have an understanding before you get married about the kids because they are the ones that suffers and if both people has kids they need to do for all of them not just one side remember its the child that suffers if it is the step mom doing this the dad is no man or he would step up and do for his child whether she liked it or not glad I dont have this problem but I feel sorry for any child that thinks their dad or mom favors their spouse's children over there them all it will do is make that child resent them.
thats right,,,sad,,,kids first,,,cuz one day they will be grown and gone,,,then the parents can play,,,
little advice

West Plains, MO

#7 Aug 27, 2013
One of the hardest things to deal with when couples go their separate ways is the quote EX . In a lot of cases weather it be from the father having their kids or the Mother there tends to be sabotage from Jealousy , think about it . Does any Bio mom or dad really feel an outside parent could do better then them ? Honestly ??? NOOO ! Not only that sometimes there is hurt involved , most the time a separated partner even though they may or may not have moved on to another partner and when there are children involve and a past sometimes you may find it's hard to let go and look at the broader picture . Not everyone in the world has been a step parent and there are cases of some not really knowing on how to be but give things time , let go of possible bitterness , address the ex if need be but never stand in the way of the child and their relationship with their parent because when a parent does that along with the bashing all it does is turns your child against you although they may never express it until they become adults it's like giving yourself a rope and later hanging yourself. Remember we as parents for the most part teach our children respect and in this case your child may hold things in and only discuss what they feel about the other parent rather then you because they fear they may make you feel disrespected and from there possible consequences for their actions . I hope things get better for the child at least and in the end something good rather then a life of regret comes to bite the parent or possibly you in the bum , Good Luck and I don't mean this in any disrespect to you .
little advice

West Plains, MO

#8 Aug 27, 2013
yeah right wrote:
most step parents are jealous. they are stepparent because that is what they do step on children so they can be center of attention. children are children no matter who the parents are. the only thing that that a mean stepparent is teaching children is that humans are selfish. not really grown ups just selfish. but no matter what karma will catch up. I have a stepmom and a step dad. both are worthless in my eyes and always will be.
I wouldn't say most step parents . I have a step mom that did everything she knew how to do to raise me along with another bio sibling we were her first kids to raise , she would give the shirt off her back for me . Sure my Bio Mom had her opinions but you know what ? At the end of each and every day if the subject was brought up I would brag about my step way before even so much as mentioning my Bio mom . My bio tried to get me to sway her way and down my step mom. I saw threw her plan in time. Sure when I was way younger I was able to be manipulated and was and had times where I was a rotten brat towards my Step mom and even felt I didn't have to listen to her or respect her because I felt I had a mom but I sure regret it now . One of the worst things any parent can do is manipulate a child yeah it may work when a child is young and vulnerable because after all the Bio is what most do look up to and listen too but in time as a child grows up as long as the step sticks around and shows all the love they possibly can towards their step , all the bashing and trashing will in time come with a price .
Leighton

United States

#9 Aug 28, 2013
in the beginning of our marriage my husband told me how it would turn out and that his daughters would do anything they could when they got older to sabotage our marriage.my husband told me his kids would develope personality as their mother . She is very controlling and tried to control our lives too. I truly love my step children and want us to be a family and when they came over I wanted them to enjoy their time they spent with us after we would take them home on Sunday evening everyone would be talking about what a great time they had had .30 minutes later after we got back home the pH calls would start and it would be their mother saying something terrible that happened and how mad she was . In time my husband got so wore out with it that he told them to choose to either be a part of our family enjoy your time with us or they didn't have to come back the children eventually cause so much drama that we're glad they are no longer in our lives they're grown adults now and we wish them well but we are truly happy and glad that they are gone I never dreamed it would be like this its sad that children are taught to hate when their five six seven eight people should teach their children to love I don't feel like you can never have enough people love your children
wow

West Plains, MO

#10 Aug 31, 2013
Leighton wrote:
in the beginning of our marriage my husband told me how it would turn out and that his daughters would do anything they could when they got older to sabotage our marriage.my husband told me his kids would develope personality as their mother . She is very controlling and tried to control our lives too. I truly love my step children and want us to be a family and when they came over I wanted them to enjoy their time they spent with us after we would take them home on Sunday evening everyone would be talking about what a great time they had had .30 minutes later after we got back home the pH calls would start and it would be their mother saying something terrible that happened and how mad she was . In time my husband got so wore out with it that he told them to choose to either be a part of our family enjoy your time with us or they didn't have to come back the children eventually cause so much drama that we're glad they are no longer in our lives they're grown adults now and we wish them well but we are truly happy and glad that they are gone I never dreamed it would be like this its sad that children are taught to hate when their five six seven eight people should teach their children to love I don't feel like you can never have enough people love your children
I can unfortunately relate . It's a shame that a Bio mom would have so much hate that she would cause so much problems . I will never understand why it's so dang hard for the other parent to let go and let their child or children focus on their parent rather then being so Jealous that she has to ruin it for the visits . Been there done that and don't wish it on anyone . In most cases the parents do in fact get right back into a new relationship but if it's as good of a relationship as they may brag about why all the drama ? Why try to turn your kids away from their other parent ? So annoying and unjust . I do believe in Karma though in time it's going to bite the opposing parent right where it hurts . In most cases doing pure spiteful , hateful , bashing and lying will indeed open one's child or children's eyes with time and with them becoming mature will do nothing but turn a child against the the evil parent and in most cases they when given a child will express that . That's a bad choice for anyone to do this to anyone no matter what , no excuses.
jason

United States

#11 Sep 2, 2013
I'd say if you can't beat em join em! Learn to get along or you will be left behind. Dad's get tired of baby momma's drama. When kids grow up and pull the same crap we will love them but sure enjoy the peace when they are gone! I know I live it!
grave digger

Ava, MO

#12 Sep 2, 2013
wow wrote:
<quoted text> I can unfortunately relate . It's a shame that a Bio mom would have so much hate that she would cause so much problems . I will never understand why it's so dang hard for the other parent to let go and let their child or children focus on their parent rather then being so Jealous that she has to ruin it for the visits . Been there done that and don't wish it on anyone . In most cases the parents do in fact get right back into a new relationship but if it's as good of a relationship as they may brag about why all the drama ? Why try to turn your kids away from their other parent ? So annoying and unjust . I do believe in Karma though in time it's going to bite the opposing parent right where it hurts . In most cases doing pure spiteful , hateful , bashing and lying will indeed open one's child or children's eyes with time and with them becoming mature will do nothing but turn a child against the the evil parent and in most cases they when given a child will express that . That's a bad choice for anyone to do this to anyone no matter what , no excuses.
cant put all the spite,,,hate and bashing on the parent with the child,,,all 3 of these are either caused or pushed by some or most lawyers the parents hire to represent them in the court case,,,and this aint no lie,,,they twist the laws,,,they want the parents to fight,,,their evil plain and simple,,,most anyhows,,,some are good,,,but there are some round here are greedy family splitting assholes,,,wasnt there a roman empire at one time?,,,why yes there was,,,and why did it fall?,,,cuz way to many lawyers and way to many laws,,,it ate itself like a cancer cell,,,
knows

United States

#13 Sep 2, 2013
The STEP or new/newest partner should have enough common sense to know there are boundaries when it comes to a mother and her kids that you do not cross! An ex will lie the family will put on a show and lie right along with the ex,some not all, some families areally good. My ex and that family are habitual liars that do anything and everything to hide what they truly are, and what they've done and continue to do. What's really hilarious is seeking for years till you finally find that one person who might make you look good and was never around you to know a thing about you, stupidly goes along with all the lying nonsense but of their own accord crosses the line with another persons child/family. Keep going because I find it funny, and for the good person the replacement is supposed to be they're already being torn apart behind their back and used,lied to just like the first one. Your not close to the first honey but you darn sure won't be the last. You always go to church but yet your judging someone on lies, and crossing the mother -child line.
evil step mom

United States

#14 Sep 3, 2013
As a step mom I have a whole new perspective. How about the jealous bio mom that tells her son he doesn't have to mind step mom so that he ends up in trouble most of the visit? Or calls during every visit and throws fits because he isn't getting his way?? Feed an 8 year old ft.with AD HD full of sugar and caffeine then send him for a busy???. Not only are you straining a relationship your teaching him to be manipulative and controlling! Grow up
ynotbkind

United States

#15 Sep 3, 2013
being a parent is tough doesnt matter if ur a fulltime or the step there will b trash talk from kids to parents. each house has different rules one parent might let them eat candy n drink soda for breakfast n the other says hell no well which one will the kids like more n which one will b the mean parent. have to lay down the law n rules n dont let them talk n walk all over you. kids at a young age will say ur mean n they dont want to stay they will get over it n time n c that u r just tryn to b a good influence unless u r really the evil step or mean dad or the lazy worthless mom. if thats the case u know ur doin wrong n if u dont want the responsibility of kids then dont have any and dont get with somene who does.
enough

United States

#16 Sep 3, 2013
I wish step kids on my step kids!!!!! Hope they will get to see the living hell it is! I hope that their step kids are just like them. Hope they pull all the same crap !
grave digger

Ava, MO

#17 Sep 3, 2013
evil step mom wrote:
As a step mom I have a whole new perspective. How about the jealous bio mom that tells her son he doesn't have to mind step mom so that he ends up in trouble most of the visit? Or calls during every visit and throws fits because he isn't getting his way?? Feed an 8 year old ft.with AD HD full of sugar and caffeine then send him for a busy???. Not only are you straining a relationship your teaching him to be manipulative and controlling! Grow up
that would piss the grave digger off bad,,,and then the grave digger would lay out a war plan,,,and get ready for battle,,,and would win the war,,,cuz all the bad this real mom says,,,can be turned around,,,think of your step child like a ex cult member,,,you have to de-cult the kid every time you see the kid,,,and the kid will respect you more in the long run,,,the kid wont ever turn on his mom,,,but will figure out how to deal with what both sides are,,,#1,,,make the trouble time the kid is in your de-cult time,,,teach the kid every house has diffrent rules,,,#2,,,take the kid if its a boy fishing,,,if its a girl,,,let her be in charge of the shopping list,,,let her write it and take the lead in the store to fill it,,,#3,,,when she calls,,,keep hanging up on her or tell her the kid is busy with the neighbors kids playing,,,just win the freakin war lady,,,the grave digger beleives you can do it,,,you already know the moms battle plans,,,so make your own battle plans,,,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Chilli J 104,802
wreck on porter wagnor june 10 what is deal 2 hr wpstandby 1
Short cute blond at Arby's? 12 hr Tired _of _ lies 13
Churches are a joke? 17 hr grave digger 10
Is Dawt Mill Dam dangerous? 19 hr sjo 6
Fun tonight 20 hr grave digger 16
Sms tracking Mon a woman 21
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages