Car wraps vs painting
beans n cornbread

Galena, MO

#1 Sep 3, 2011
I have a 2000 explorer and want it painted, a friend suggested having it wrapped. He said he's seen a few in town that look pretty cool. Anyone have a wrapped vehicle and care to share what you think about it? Heard it costs about the same as a paintjob so Im torn on wich way to go.
Rowdy

West Plains, MO

#2 Sep 3, 2011
A car wrap is a sticker over all over your vechile. I think it will fade faster since it is a sticker, and it can tear. Paint Jobs will have oxidation when left in the weather. So I can see how you are torn in the middle. Personally, I've had graphics on a vehile and it bubbled and faded. I have also had a Paint job done an it oxidated in spots, but the color didnt fade. So if I have to get something done (paint v car wrap) I will pick Paint.
cherrypie

United States

#3 Sep 4, 2011
I know the guy that has the carbon fiber mustang. He worksis at littlre ceasers. No way could any paint job compare! He said the carbon fiber is pretty expensive, but a plain wrap with all the designs is alot cheaper than having a custom paint job that would look the same. Im going to the place out past the race track that does them and see what it would cost to get my camry done Tuesday.
Maybe I can help

Branson, MO

#4 Sep 4, 2011
I was a graphics installer for a few years myself. Rowdy is correct, a car wrap is basically a sticker that covers your entire vehicle. You can get some pretty sweet graphics done as well. 3M makes the best graphics, and there are different qualitys of vinyl that you can choose from to last longer. They have some that can withstand the harsh weather, and still keep looking nice for years. But of course, the better the quality, the more it will cost for the material. I have done skyscrappers with perforated window graphics, airplane, semi trucks, bus wraps, and many other ones. As long as the installer installs the graphics correctly the first time applied, they can last for several years. I have done some vehicles that you could not even tell that it was graphics, instead of paint. If you are interested, I would recommend checking out 3M's products. They are the best in my opinion. And if you are needing someone to install them, let me know. I would be happy to give you a quote, and I will beat the local competitors price when ready for installation. I have all the tools to get the job done correctly for a lasting finished product. Also, if you do not have any experience doing a full vehicle wrap, I would not suggest attempting to do yourself, they are the most complex vinyl installs. And if done incorrectly, they will not last very long at all. Good Luck to ya, and again, if you need an installer just let me know.
Just A Country Boy
#6 Sep 4, 2011
MAYBE I CAN HELP, give us way to contact you, i am interested in having a panel truck wraped!
AUTOFX

Galena, MO

#8 Sep 6, 2011
Just A Country Boy wrote:
MAYBE I CAN HELP, give us way to contact you, i am interested in having a panel truck wraped!
Call me at four 17 867-324six We specialize in vehicle wraps. We will sit down with you and have a design meeting. Take pictures of your vehicle, put the images in the computer and design your graphics on the computerized vehicle. You will be able to see excactly what it will look like on your actual vehicle. We have a great design team, state of the art equipment and a team that can install the vinyl on your vehicle. We are the premier vehicle wrap company in the ozarks and would look foreward to hearing from you.
Tech

United States

#9 Sep 7, 2011
Just A Country Boy wrote:
Hi,
E-mail me at ike102280@yahoo.com and I will provide my contact number for you. Then we can talk about what you are wanting to do.

Since: Apr 15

Location hidden

#11 May 5, 2015
Always car wrapping is the best, bcz it's absolutely affordable and increases resale value and the best thing it's long lasting and easy removal... anyhow For effective Car Wrapping/ Autofolierung
services go for http://www.carfoil.ch/shop .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 2 hr OBAMA the USAs BE... 102,159
Skeleton With ĎAliení Skull Discovered In Russia 5 hr tim 6
Trump lawyer say's "It's OK to rape your spouse" 8 hr tim 1
kevin spacey died?! 10 hr RIP Jerry 10
Milf (Dec '13) 10 hr tim 5
Amish buying up all the farms close to West Pla... 10 hr tim 4
Benghazi movie to premier before 2016 election 10 hr tim 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages