First Prev
of 2
Next Last
restauranteur

United States

#1 Jun 9, 2010
What is your opinion of the food, service, and people that work at Diamond Head? Is it decent Chinese food?
cuz i said so

United States

#2 Jun 9, 2010
Diamond Head has the best Chinese food, service and friendly staff. The owners r very nice, down to earth people. U wont be disappointed.
restauranteur

United States

#3 Jun 9, 2010
Good deal. Thank you!
Arent u Special

United States

#4 Jun 9, 2010
Thats right it is the BEST PLACE to eat Chinese...Owners are the best and great service and clean I'd give it 5Stars!!!!!!
cuz i said so

United States

#5 Jun 9, 2010
U r welcome. Thats the only place I eat Chinese food. Even my kids love their food. Enjoy!
Emerald

United States

#6 Jun 9, 2010
I am not a huge fan, but it's alright.
Blasphemer

Grants, NM

#7 Jun 9, 2010
theres no such thing as "good" chinese in WP...it's below average at best. It's like every other buffet...bland, tasteless, overcooked and then heavily sauced.
Hardrock

Warrenton, MO

#8 Jun 9, 2010
Blasphemer wrote:
theres no such thing as "good" chinese in WP...it's below average at best. It's like every other buffet...bland, tasteless, overcooked and then heavily sauced.
Hey Blas, you're still a part of us! Did you make it safely to your new destination?
Blasphemer

Grants, NM

#9 Jun 9, 2010
Hardrock wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Blas, you're still a part of us! Did you make it safely to your new destination?
I'm in New Mexico tonight on my way to the grand canyon with the kids. And I'm still here but trying to wean myself.
Concerned

Branson, MO

#10 Jun 9, 2010
I guess after you remove the mice and bugs the place has it might be ok. I was in there and the chinese lady was chasing a mouse around with a broom. Priceless. Then the waitress said they are all over the place. Needless to say I didnt eat. Heard Board of Health was called.

The waitresses are worn out hoes. The 2 sisters.
Mixers Fan

Branson, MO

#11 Jun 10, 2010
I heard they are selling the restaurant and heading to the east coast
Some Guy

United States

#12 Jun 10, 2010
It really is subpar. Anyone who believes it is good has never had good Chinese (probably because you're only eating at buffets).

I once went there with a friend who loved the place for the ribs. Well, the ribs smelled bad and my friend got food poisoning. I'd say that qualifies for bad food so if anything, the place is at least "uneven".
Jeep King

Chesterfield, MO

#13 Jun 10, 2010
i think its the same as chens. i prefer grand buffet. they have good food. the best ice cream and some of the nicest bathrooms in town. i liked diamon head when they had duck tho. it hasnt been there in a while....

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#14 Jun 10, 2010
LOVE Diamond Head,very friendly people.
yummm

Columbia, MO

#15 Jun 10, 2010
i dont no about the food but one of the waitress girls taste pretty good
Jeep King

Chesterfield, MO

#16 Jun 10, 2010
dam canabils
Rock Candy

United States

#17 Jun 10, 2010
Blasphemer wrote:
Yep, this about sums it up. I don't care for any kind of buffet around here. I'd rather have a fresh cooked meal.
Jeep King

Chesterfield, MO

#18 Jun 10, 2010
nothin beats luigis pizza tho!
Just Saying

Hollister, MO

#19 Jun 22, 2010
I, personally, won't eat Chinese, but my husband loves the stuff. He's has to try any Chinese restaraunt he sees. Needless to say, we ended up trying the Diamond Head and he said it was the worst Chinese food he had ever eaten. I've never heard him say any of it was bad before. Hope this helps.

Since: Mar 10

West Plains, Mo

#20 Jun 22, 2010
my opinion? It's one of the better Chinese places in WP. The food at Chen's Garden tastes better to me but I think Diamond Head has a great selection of food, a smoking section (I'm a quitter), and they also serve alcohol(sp?). If you are of age, and havn't had any sake, go have some!! It is served warm and really makes the experience arguably one of the best places in town to eat. warm sake... now I'm hungry lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stormy Daniels 37 min JoeJoesAshe 136
NRA incoming donations TRIPLE 2 hr Sport 162
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Christian Patriot 110,418
Trumps Nobel Prize 10 hr Christian Patriot 1
At it again 15 hr Moon Raker 3
Put on the full armor of God and fight the Sata... 15 hr Moon Raker 5
my man dave 'sparky' stone (Jan '12) Thu Howner 35

West Plains Jobs

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages