Kids Playing Outside Alone
sweetness

Branson, MO

#62 Jan 1, 2012
You know if the parents are horrible its not ok to let them play outside alone, but if they are good parents then they should be allowed outside alone.......bahahaha
dec

Ellabell, GA

#63 May 10, 2013
wow wrote:
Crime rates are the same now as in the 70's?? Not even close. You hear about it more because it happens more. A lot more. Here are some basic stats. http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.h...
That's not true. Crimes against children are so much lower now than they ever have been.
Wtf ever

Ozark, MO

#64 May 11, 2013
You people are retarded! How in the hell is a child supposed to learn to use their imagination if they're stuck inside all the time. I let my child play in my fenced in back yard by herself all the time. I check on her constantly it doesn't make me a bad parent or a neglectful parent. Bad things happen to lots of people and everyone is so quick to blame others for bad behavior. You can't stop a psychopath from doing crazy things. I am so tired of people claiming abuse and neglect over stupid things it gripes my ass. Worry about your own lives and stop trying to tell others how to raise their children!
kiss an ass

Hannibal, MO

#65 Jan 15, 2015
Tired wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. Technically parents by law are not allowed. It's child neglect. DFS can be called on them. And probably should be in some cases. In my neighborhood, the kids are walking up and down the streets. IN the streets. I see 4 year olds alone every day when it's warm enough for them to be out. That's abusive. What happens when their kid gets kidnapped? The tragedy is, they'd never see them again. I'd rather knock on the parents door and tell them to grow up and watch their kids outside, than see their kids get taken, or hit, or hurt.
You people are paranoid schizophrenics wtf is wrong with you you are more likely to die in the bathtub or in a car crash etc. than someone kidnapping them etc.
you know the worlds gone to hell when retards like these thinks its wrong for children to play outside..
no lets let them stay inside and develop some anxiety issues etc. get fat out of shape diabetic etc.
you people need mental help WOW
grave digger

Ozark, MO

#67 Jan 15, 2015
kiss an ass wrote:
<quoted text>
You people are paranoid schizophrenics wtf is wrong with you you are more likely to die in the bathtub or in a car crash etc. than someone kidnapping them etc.
you know the worlds gone to hell when retards like these thinks its wrong for children to play outside..
no lets let them stay inside and develop some anxiety issues etc. get fat out of shape diabetic etc.
you people need mental help WOW
oh please,,,you kiss their asses,,,now there is a difference,,,kids can and should play outside,,,but with adult supervision,,,look at the last little 10 yr old girl who was grabbed from the streets in springfield,,,by a teacher who had a mental sickness,,,and this teacher seen this kid walking alone and bam,,,she is dead now,,,and dont think for a moment these sickos arent all over the place just waiting for the right chance to grab a child,,,ps,,,and f--k this local dfs,,,they arnt nothing but a bunch of yahoos,,,for every kid they do help and save they hurt 100 others with their shit called gossip,,,the dfs workers,,,the cops and their wives are the biggest gossip rumor spreaders in this area,,,and as the gossip spreads the bigger the story gets,,,its sick the way small town america really is,,,what would make GOD happy would be everyone in west plains and area to place a piece of duct tape over their mouths for 1 month,,,then replace it with a new piece,,,
Joe

Albuquerque, NM

#68 Jan 15, 2015
grave digger wrote:
<quoted text>,,what would make GOD happy would be everyone in west plains and area to place a piece of duct tape over their mouths for 1 month,,,then replace it with a new piece,,,
That would make me happy if the grave digger would put a piece of duct tape over his mouth for a month. Funny how Fox got pulled so the grave digger couldn't watch Fox,,, and grave digger is off Topix for a month,,, didn't have Fox to feed the grave digger his talking points ,,,so grave digger didn't have anything to say for a month,,,ha haa haa!!!

Since: Dec 14

Location hidden

#69 Jan 16, 2015
so I have a question. is it neglect when u let ur kids go somewhere bare footed and people always look down on them saying where are ur shoes? when the child just wants to go bare footed because it feels better then the stinky socks and shoes and plus that's the reason most people have foot fungi because of always wearing socks and shoes. im tired of people saying put ur shoes on I don't have kids but when I do im going to let them go bare footed anywhere. but not school.
Sandra_Cannida

United States

#72 Feb 2, 2015
I Miss seeing children playing outdoors. CreatCreating new play toys and going on adventures in the backyard, and just plain unadulterated fun. Where has the laughter gone?
Joe

Albuquerque, NM

#74 Feb 2, 2015
Tired wrote:
Here's what I've been seeing over the years. Parents allowing very young children to walk through the neighborhood to go play at the park. It doesn't matter if they are 3 years old, walking with a 6 year old sibling. Or a group of 5 year olds. Parents are being neglectful and need to be called in to DFS. For the protection of the kids. There's risk of the children being kidnapped or run over and either injured or killed. Just today I drove past the park over on Deatherage and saw the police on the side of the road, talking to two small children that were alone. The mom then came and got them. This should be done EVERY time a kid is alone. This has GOT to stop. Some of these parents are so lazy!
Definitely off kilter, that. Those kids need to get home immediately and keep a much better eye on their parents.
VoteNO

Ozark, MO

#75 Mar 14, 2015
Verification00 wrote:
This world is not a safe place anymore. I would never let my kids walk anywhere.
The world has never been a safe place! Look at history. It is better now. Believe it or not.
grave digger

Reeds Spring, MO

#76 Mar 14, 2015
VoteNO wrote:
<quoted text>The world has never been a safe place! Look at history. It is better now. Believe it or not.
the grave digger calls bullshit on its better now crap,,,america has a president supporting a war on cops,,,a president who lets illegals run wild and sign up for all welfare systems and can vote,,,a president who lets a known terrorist group behead americans on video and says their coming to take down america,,,so lets look at history shall we,,,
Harharhar

Omaha, NE

#77 Mar 17, 2015
grave digger wrote:
<quoted text>the grave digger calls bullshit on its better now crap,,,america has a president supporting a war on cops,,,a president who lets illegals run wild and sign up for all welfare systems and can vote,,,a president who lets a known terrorist group behead americans on video and says their coming to take down america,,,so lets look at history shall we,,,
Was it better under Reagan, when the murder rate was much higher....when the president was giving weapons to Iran, a country that had recently held American hostage for more than a year.....when the president was giving amnesty to 2.8 million illegals.....in 1983 / 1984 an average of 190 cops were murdered per year, under Obama in 2013/2014 an average of 119 cops were murdered per year (70 fewer per year).

You know what I like about you GD? You don't check anything, and you are wrong nearly all the time.
grave digger

Ozark, MO

#78 Mar 17, 2015
Harharhar wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it better under Reagan, when the murder rate was much higher....when the president was giving weapons to Iran, a country that had recently held American hostage for more than a year.....when the president was giving amnesty to 2.8 million illegals.....in 1983 / 1984 an average of 190 cops were murdered per year, under Obama in 2013/2014 an average of 119 cops were murdered per year (70 fewer per year).
You know what I like about you GD? You don't check anything, and you are wrong nearly all the time.
ok,,,did you look up all your facts?,,,take time out of your day to look these facts up just to prove the grave digger wrong?,,,well who is controlling who?,,,you grave digger puppet,,,ha haa haaa,,,,
aggravated

Houston, TX

#79 Apr 17, 2015
Tired wrote:
Maybe if enough of us begin calling the cops when we see young children walking the streets alone, the parents will get the hint. It's worse than leaving a child in a car alone while going into WalMart. It's child abuse. It's neglect. It's against the law.
Ok well I dont agree with kids being left alone to play in the street or at any public place but I think its fine to allow ur child to play outside alone and check in or be checked on regularly. There are bad things that happen but it doesn't every time a child steps foot outside. I have a fence and have set boundaries and keep my window or door open so I can see my kids at all times. I have had my neighbor call and report me many times and i get the same thing everytime. The cops come out and see that they can't reach the road and are perfectly safe and they leave....i think some people should mind their own business! And all this ranting on here about how the parents that allow this dont want their kids is completely false. Quit being so judgmental. Not everyone has the same parenting techniques and if no harm is done to the kid then it shouldn't be an issue!
dumb

United States

#80 Apr 17, 2015
You are all idiots. Its perfectly fine to let ur kid play outside alone. Howcome just in the last decade somebody thought it was a bad idea, growing up in thayer and i remember walking around town like a boss when i was four, walking the highway from mammoth to thayer when i was ten. Waljed to school everymorning. Teach your child how to stay out of the way of cars and out of the road and 99.9 percent of the time they will be fine, unless the driver is at fault. If u dont teach your kid this which seems obvious u dont since u never let them play outside. You are abusing them. Something doesnt seem right about keeping a child locked in a house all day just because lets say i have a headache or im sleeping from a rough day at work. Get real
Logic

Branson, MO

#81 Apr 18, 2015
dumb wrote:
You are all idiots. Its perfectly fine to let ur kid play outside alone. Howcome just in the last decade somebody thought it was a bad idea, growing up in thayer and i remember walking around town like a boss when i was four, walking the highway from mammoth to thayer when i was ten. Waljed to school everymorning. Teach your child how to stay out of the way of cars and out of the road and 99.9 percent of the time they will be fine, unless the driver is at fault. If u dont teach your kid this which seems obvious u dont since u never let them play outside. You are abusing them. Something doesnt seem right about keeping a child locked in a house all day just because lets say i have a headache or im sleeping from a rough day at work. Get real
Anyone who believes it's okay to let a four-year-old play outside without supervision should not be a parent. It has never and will never be okay.
tim

Saratoga, CA

#82 Apr 19, 2015
Jeep King wrote:
I used to go to the park when i was young and im an awesome person
Nobody going to kidnap a retarded dweeb like you anyway.
tim

Saratoga, CA

#83 Apr 19, 2015
Logic wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who believes it's okay to let a four-year-old play outside without supervision should not be a parent. It has never and will never be okay.
Those idiots over by peoples park that always complaining about traffic that let their little bastards run lose in street terrible unfit parents.
Logic

Branson, MO

#84 Apr 19, 2015
tim wrote:
<quoted text>
Those idiots over by peoples park that always complaining about traffic that let their little bastards run lose in street terrible unfit parents.
I can't believe I'm going to say this.... But I actually agree with Tim, kids should not be running around in the street.... HOWEVER the raceway traffic by the park is definitely a problem for so many reasons.
big al sharptons

Ozark, MO

#85 Apr 20, 2015
dumb wrote:
You kraker ass whitey wasnt no boss at 4 years old. wasnt no highway walker at 10 years old. Today with 63 hwy having traffic from all over the Country traveling through a parent would be stupid to let their children under the age of 17 years old walk along that highway. Maybe back in the day way back in the day when 63 highway was still dirt. It's been way longer then a decade when anyone let their kids run around outside without some adult watching and when you was 4 your parents were child abusers or hoping you would get abducted by a stranger. Crazy ass small town whitey.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Have you hicks figured out where to live and ho... 1 hr dont care 16
Hatshepsut says... 5 hr HattiezMoomoo 5
To all who support the NRA 5 hr HattiezMoomoo 17
Trump is a self proclaimed very, very smart guy 7 hr iwastheirolddays 3
Why can't Domino's get an online order correct ... 7 hr longtimeaway 24
Need dirt$$$ 9 hr Moneytalks 1
nra 10 hr I Have a Dream 9

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance