A Missouri town where teachers carry guns and parents approve

Apr 15, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Salon

As the result of a new administrative policy, staff at Fairview School in West Plains, Mo., have been trained to carry concealed weapons, to the delight of many local parents.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Lars Vilks

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Someone needs to shoot those bad ass kids the parents don't discipline
stupid

Oldsmar, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

It isn't the crazy kids you have to worry about in this area schools. It's some of the teachers that are the problem. If they don't like the family name they don't like the kids. If the kids or family don't go to the church the teachers do them kids are all going to hell. They all claim to be so religious but will kill someone. Guns arn't the problem it's the idiots who carry them and some of these teachers don't need to carry a gun or any weapon. The school district can hire cops to secure the schools. It's never a bad thing for any area to have more cops around.
Lars Vilks

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

stupid wrote:
It isn't the crazy kids you have to worry about in this area schools. It's some of the teachers that are the problem. If they don't like the family name they don't like the kids. If the kids or family don't go to the church the teachers do them kids are all going to hell. They all claim to be so religious but will kill someone. Guns arn't the problem it's the idiots who carry them and some of these teachers don't need to carry a gun or any weapon. The school district can hire cops to secure the schools. It's never a bad thing for any area to have more cops around.
Your kids probably will go to hell

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Lars Vilks wrote:
<quoted text>Your kids probably will go to hell
That really address the problem
Qfc105

Dittmer, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

stupid wrote:

One problem with that idea who's going to pay for the cops? Joe dirt taxpayer that's who and believe me people in the west plains area hate taxes all most as much as gun grabbers. This country simply needs to buck up and accept that bad things happen no mater how much you try to prevent it.
fooku

West Plains, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Lars Vilks wrote:
<quoted text>
Your kids probably will go to hell
Just like you will for judging people.
not way

Kimberling City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

stupid wrote:
Hitler put cops(gestopo) in schools, how did hat work out? It gets time to get the Gestapo. It's time to get the secret police, time to go get the brownshirts and shut us up.

We're supposed to tolerate all the perversion of all the radicals, all the politicians on the left. We're supposed to tolerate and be understanding of all of the godlessness. We're supposed to tolerate it. We're supposed to be understanding of all of the destructive things these people do. Screw Obama and his ideals.
stupid

Oldsmar, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Qfc105 wrote:
<quoted text>
One problem with that idea who's going to pay for the cops? Joe dirt taxpayer that's who and believe me people in the west plains area hate taxes all most as much as gun grabbers. This country simply needs to buck up and accept that bad things happen no mater how much you try to prevent it.
True but the way I now things happen and have in the past that kids are sneaks and smart and if want something like a teachers gun they will get a hold of that gun just from the fact they are kids. Signs posted saying this school is protected with teachers with guns will keep the nuts away from that school. Teachers are trained to teach not carry guns like cops are trained to carry guns. Cops go through situation training not just target shooting and there is a big diffrence. A nyone can carry a gun but not everyone is trained for under stress situations and when a gunman walks into a school shooting at random is a stress situation that cops are trained for. It would be well worth the pennies of tax money per year out of everyones pocket. And like I said before the more cops hired and around an area is always a good thing for that area.
Scars

Hartley, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

fooku wrote:
<quoted text>Just like you will for judging people.
Judging is not a mortal sin Stupid.
Scars

Hartley, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

stupid wrote:
<quoted text>True but the way I now things happen and have in the past that kids are sneaks and smart and if want something like a teachers gun they will get a hold of that gun just from the fact they are kids. Signs posted saying this school is protected with teachers with guns will keep the nuts away from that school. Teachers are trained to teach not carry guns like cops are trained to carry guns. Cops go through situation training not just target shooting and there is a big diffrence. A nyone can carry a gun but not everyone is trained for under stress situations and when a gunman walks into a school shooting at random is a stress situation that cops are trained for. It would be well worth the pennies of tax money per year out of everyones pocket. And like I said before the more cops hired and around an area is always a good thing for that area.
Just having the guns there will deter a gunman just like in the city of Nelson, GA, where everyone is required to have a gun.
Geezus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Get ready for several schools around our area to attempt a tax levy for security.
KJP

Oldsmar, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Scars wrote:
<quoted text>
Just having the guns there will deter a gunman just like in the city of Nelson, GA, where everyone is required to have a gun.
So would a big sign outside the School that says they are and a cop car sitting outside with a cop walking around. this doesn't only deter a sick person with a gun from a mass killing but will also teach our kids to respect the police. Your madness of giving a teacher a permit to carry a gun or have a gun in a school building full of kids out weighs the benifits of having a real cop hired to secure those kids. A cop is hardend to gun violence Teachers are hardend to be around kids behaviors. A big diffrence. You ever saw a bad accident on the roadways? A cop does the job and moves on most people get sick.
Buford Dipchip

Marshfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

KJP wrote:
<quoted text>So would a big sign outside the School that says they are and a cop car sitting outside with a cop walking around. this doesn't only deter a sick person with a gun from a mass killing but will also teach our kids to respect the police. Your madness of giving a teacher a permit to carry a gun or have a gun in a school building full of kids out weighs the benifits of having a real cop hired to secure those kids. A cop is hardend to gun violence Teachers are hardend to be around kids behaviors. A big diffrence. You ever saw a bad accident on the roadways? A cop does the job and moves on most people get sick.
Yeah...I once passed out when I witnessed someone step on a raspberry jelly filled donut on a busy New York City sidewalk in the summer of 2003. My wallet was gone when I awoke.
Lars Vilks

Hartley, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Buford Dipchip wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah...I once passed out when I witnessed someone step on a raspberry jelly filled donut on a busy New York City sidewalk in the summer of 2003. My wallet was gone when I awoke.
Buford you know'd better
KJP

Rockaway Beach, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Buford Dipchip wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah...I once passed out when I witnessed someone step on a raspberry jelly filled donut on a busy New York City sidewalk in the summer of 2003. My wallet was gone when I awoke.
New York City??? Like a donut would be on the ground in New York city long enough for someone to step on it. What the homeless didn't get the Rats got the rest all within the 5 second rule so stop your bullsheetzin.
Sigh

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

not way wrote:
<quoted text>Hitler put cops(gestopo) in schools, how did hat work out? It gets time to get the Gestapo. It's time to get the secret police, time to go get the brownshirts and shut us up.
We're supposed to tolerate all the perversion of all the radicals, all the politicians on the left. We're supposed to tolerate and be understanding of all of the godlessness. We're supposed to tolerate it. We're supposed to be understanding of all of the destructive things these people do. Screw Obama and his ideals.
When will idiots learn that the second you reference Hitler, your credibility goes to zero. The Hitler card is such a pathetic argument, learn a little something.
Sigh

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

KJP wrote:
<quoted text>New York City??? Like a donut would be on the ground in New York city long enough for someone to step on it. What the homeless didn't get the Rats got the rest all within the 5 second rule so stop your bullsheetzin.
Poverty rate in NYC and Howell County is the same...20%.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the West Plains Forum right now

Search the West Plains Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Omc 5 hr anon 35
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 7 hr REAL AMERICAN PATRIOT 95,098
Who stomped Casey Hick? 10 hr seenit 5
Shane Brashear 18 hr hmmm 20
Why doesn't West Plains have a Steak and Shake ... (Mar '11) Sat Gadot 24
Faith Assembly is like Westborro Baptist Church (Aug '13) Sat grave digger 43
Who threw the kittens on 160 hwy ? Sat grave digger 25
•••
•••
•••
West Plains Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••