Review: A Doggie Day Inn

Posted in the West Plains Forum

Concerned

West Plains, MO

#1 Aug 2, 2012
This facility has been reported to the Missouri kennel/boarding licensing office and Howell County Sheriff's office for suspected animal neglect and abuse. I was a client of this kennel/boarding facility for almost two years but recently a very serious incident/accident happened to my pet while in their care for boarding. Please beware and be cautious if you use their services.
Funnyface

Branson, MO

#2 Jul 8, 2013
I love this place!! they were so good to my dog!
Carly

Branson, MO

#3 Jul 8, 2013
Concerned wrote:
This facility has been reported to the Missouri kennel/boarding licensing office and Howell County Sheriff's office for suspected animal neglect and abuse. I was a client of this kennel/boarding facility for almost two years but recently a very serious incident/accident happened to my pet while in their care for boarding. Please beware and be cautious if you use their services.
What happened?
justsaying

Ava, MO

#4 Jul 8, 2013
Last year they cut my little dog while grooming her and didn't even tell me!!! Haven't been back!
Concerned

West Plains, MO

#5 Jul 9, 2013
Carly wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened?
I left my dog there overnight from 5:30pm until 3pm the next day. I called the girls at the facility at 1pm to let them know that I would be there at 3pm to pick him up. They never mentioned a word to me about any possible injury that might have happened to my pet at that time. When we got there at 3pm, our dog was clearly severely injured in the jaw area. His jaw was hanging to the side and he looked in a lot of pain. They told us that the evening before that he "fell" off their couch. We immediately took him to our vet who had to sedate him to ease the pain and exam him. His jaw was broken on both sides very badly. We were referred to another vet for further treatment. Our dog has had multiple surgeries due to that one incident. The surgeon and another vet in Columbia both stated that a fall from a couch could not have caused that type of injury. And why weren't were we informed immediately after it happened? Not almost 24 hours later when we picked him up!
Do it

West Plains, MO

#6 Jul 9, 2013
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
I left my dog there overnight from 5:30pm until 3pm the next day. I called the girls at the facility at 1pm to let them know that I would be there at 3pm to pick him up. They never mentioned a word to me about any possible injury that might have happened to my pet at that time. When we got there at 3pm, our dog was clearly severely injured in the jaw area. His jaw was hanging to the side and he looked in a lot of pain. They told us that the evening before that he "fell" off their couch. We immediately took him to our vet who had to sedate him to ease the pain and exam him. His jaw was broken on both sides very badly. We were referred to another vet for further treatment. Our dog has had multiple surgeries due to that one incident. The surgeon and another vet in Columbia both stated that a fall from a couch could not have caused that type of injury. And why weren't were we informed immediately after it happened? Not almost 24 hours later when we picked him up!
Sue their sorry as$es!
Same Thing Happened to us

Ozark, MO

#7 Jul 9, 2013
We took our dog there for a 4 night stay while we cleaned our house and bombed for fleas. When my wife called to tell them we were on our way to get Rudy, they didn't say anything about our pet being hurt or anything. When my wife and 4 yr old daughter came to get him, they said we had to wait for just a few mins while they went and got him. My daughter almost cried when she couldn't see Rudy right away (he's a very loving pet that our daughter just adores). Finally after about 20 minutes one of the staff members came out and asked us to meet with her in a back room for a moment to discuss something. All we wanted to do was get our dog and go home. I demanded to know what the problem was, but all this beotch would tell me was to calm down and that our daughter needed to settle down and not disturb the other people standing around watching. We saw another little girl crying in the corner too. Her dad & mom had been waiting for over an hour. We saw & heard dogs & cats being tortured and I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked over and seen a large dog throwing smaller dogs off the couch and there were those that didn't jump so the bigger dog would bust their jaws. They pushed us in a back room and locked the doors behind us and there were no lights on in the room anywhere and there was no way to get out even though we yelled and pounded on the walls so others would hear us, but all that did was made the dogs bark louder. My daughter was really terrified and so was my wife. Then I heard someone come to the door and tell us that if we didn't settle down they would turn the gas on and make us go to sleep forever.
lexi

Ozark, MO

#8 Jul 16, 2013
I used to take my dog there alot when I went out of town. I used to love taking her there and my dog liked it too. Till one day when I picked her up, she ran to me yelping. And I was caution into takin her back but I did, and she wouldn't leave my side. She was terrified to be left with those ladies. So now I don't take her there no more and never will!
soccergirl

Ozark, MO

#9 Jul 16, 2013
lexi wrote:
I used to take my dog there alot when I went out of town. I used to love taking her there and my dog liked it too. Till one day when I picked her up, she ran to me yelping. And I was caution into takin her back but I did, and she wouldn't leave my side. She was terrified to be left with those ladies. So now I don't take her there no more and never will!
My dog does the same things every time we take her there. T got to the point where it was horrible to c her like that so we take her everywhere when we travel now.
michaela<3

Ozark, MO

#10 Jul 16, 2013
Who's dog? Lol you mean my dog,sis. Right?
soccergirl

Ozark, MO

#11 Jul 16, 2013
[QUOTE who="michaela<3"] Who's dog? Lol you mean my dog,sis. Right?[/QUOTE]
Yes sis
Hooty

United States

#12 Jul 18, 2013
Who owns /runs this place?? Damn
Jen

United States

#13 Oct 8, 2014
Same Thing Happened to us wrote:
We took our dog there for a 4 night stay while we cleaned our house and bombed for fleas. When my wife called to tell them we were on our way to get Rudy, they didn't say anything about our pet being hurt or anything. When my wife and 4 yr old daughter came to get him, they said we had to wait for just a few mins while they went and got him. My daughter almost cried when she couldn't see Rudy right away (he's a very loving pet that our daughter just adores). Finally after about 20 minutes one of the staff members came out and asked us to meet with her in a back room for a moment to discuss something. All we wanted to do was get our dog and go home. I demanded to know what the problem was, but all this beotch would tell me was to calm down and that our daughter needed to settle down and not disturb the other people standing around watching. We saw another little girl crying in the corner too. Her dad & mom had been waiting for over an hour. We saw & heard dogs & cats being tortured and I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked over and seen a large dog throwing smaller dogs off the couch and there were those that didn't jump so the bigger dog would bust their jaws. They pushed us in a back room and locked the doors behind us and there were no lights on in the room anywhere and there was no way to get out even though we yelled and pounded on the walls so others would hear us, but all that did was made the dogs bark louder. My daughter was really terrified and so was my wife. Then I heard someone come to the door and tell us that if we didn't settle down they would turn the gas on and make us go to sleep forever.
Did u go straight to the police??? That is crazy....... what was up with your dog? Did u get it?
groomer

United States

#14 Oct 8, 2014
Jen wrote:
<quoted text>
Did u go straight to the police??? That is crazy....... what was up with your dog? Did u get it?
Im pretty sure it was a joke
wont go back

United States

#15 Oct 8, 2014
They tried giving me the wrong dog the last time I took mine there! I thought they had bleached my dog or something to make it lighter. Then I saw it was a totally different dog! Then the girl got pissed when I said this is not my dog! Where is my dog, did you give my dog to someone else??? About that time I heard my dogs bark in the back of the house. I said that's my dog go get my dog! She gave me a dirty look,rolled her eyes and said they all look the same.NOOO they don't! My dog has acted life she can't hear right and has been so timid ever since I took her that last time. Won't be going back!!
Attorney Van Johnson

Ozark, MO

#16 Oct 8, 2014
wont go back wrote:
They tried giving me the wrong dog the last time I took mine there! I thought they had bleached my dog or something to make it lighter. Then I saw it was a totally different dog! Then the girl got pissed when I said this is not my dog! Where is my dog, did you give my dog to someone else??? About that time I heard my dogs bark in the back of the house. I said that's my dog go get my dog! She gave me a dirty look,rolled her eyes and said they all look the same.NOOO they don't! My dog has acted life she can't hear right and has been so timid ever since I took her that last time. Won't be going back!!
My B.S. detector just went off little lady. There is no way in Hell that the girl in your little story actually said, "They all look the same". Someone is intentionally trying to discredit this business for one reason or another. Perhaps a "competitor"?
Concerned

Huntsville, TX

#17 Oct 12, 2014
groomer wrote:
<quoted text>
Im pretty sure it was a joke


What was a joke? I can certainly guarantee you that what happened to our dog was no joke. It was a serious injury that permanently scarred him and left him disabled. Apparently you are not a pet owner or you would not find this amusing!
dog mom

United States

#18 Oct 13, 2014
I have had many long term stays 4 my girls...at doggie day inn...never..ever...had a problem...ever....yes...The girls were ready 2 come home..but they were very clean...well cared for...and didn't have a problem going back there...now...This was 2 years ago....I was very pleased.....
The Far Viewer

Ava, MO

#19 Oct 15, 2014
I have taken my dogs to the Doggie Day Inn many times and have always been pleased with the way they have been treated. The dogs really like the girls, and I appreciate the care they give them, especially since one of my dogs needs daily medication. They also fix their food according to directions and go out of their way to help the dogs. Dogs have their own rooms and can bring their own items. This certainly beats a cage or a run in some other kennel. The price is reasonable, too.

I'm sorry if people have had a bad experience, but I have always found Doggie Day Inn a good and safe place to bring our dogs.
The Far Viewer

Ava, MO

#20 Oct 15, 2014
Same Thing Happened to us wrote:
We took our dog there for a 4 night stay while we cleaned our house and bombed for fleas. When my wife called to tell them we were on our way to get Rudy, they didn't say anything about our pet being hurt or anything. When my wife and 4 yr old daughter came to get him, they said we had to wait for just a few mins while they went and got him. My daughter almost cried when she couldn't see Rudy right away (he's a very loving pet that our daughter just adores). Finally after about 20 minutes one of the staff members came out and asked us to meet with her in a back room for a moment to discuss something. All we wanted to do was get our dog and go home. I demanded to know what the problem was, but all this beotch would tell me was to calm down and that our daughter needed to settle down and not disturb the other people standing around watching. We saw another little girl crying in the corner too. Her dad & mom had been waiting for over an hour. We saw & heard dogs & cats being tortured and I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked over and seen a large dog throwing smaller dogs off the couch and there were those that didn't jump so the bigger dog would bust their jaws. They pushed us in a back room and locked the doors behind us and there were no lights on in the room anywhere and there was no way to get out even though we yelled and pounded on the walls so others would hear us, but all that did was made the dogs bark louder. My daughter was really terrified and so was my wife. Then I heard someone come to the door and tell us that if we didn't settle down they would turn the gas on and make us go to sleep forever.
A lot about this doesn't ring true, especially the part about "We saw & heard dogs and cats being tortured." THEY DO NOT TAKE CATS! This sound like material for a poorly written soap opera or expose'. I suggest that readers take this rant with a grain of salt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
This new ad shows exactly how warped the minds ... 13 min boogie woogie 3
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 38 min WE OWN YELLOW MUTT 99,421
Damage Control? 3 hr tim 7
White House leading a campaign of ignorance 3 hr tim 2
omc staff 3 hr tim 6
Am I the only Jewish person in this town? 8 hr Anonymous Proxy 19
Prostitutes in WP 9 hr tim sucks the big... 12
West Plains Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

West Plains People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

West Plains News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in West Plains

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:01 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 2:01PM
Chiefs quarterback Smith out with lacerated spleen
Yahoo! Sports 4:37 PM
Chargers RB Mathews out against Chiefs
NBC Sports 5:11 PM
Russell Okung cleared to play from bruised lung, Max Unger a game-time decision
Bleacher Report 6:17 PM
Smith Injury Gives Chiefs Gauge of QB's Value
NBC Sports 8:41 PM
Report: Chargers worked out Austin Pettis