Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1 Dec 28, 2012
I just move here I moved on county rd do they remove the snow Immediately after a snow storm?
Be Patient

Branson, MO

#2 Dec 28, 2012
Limited resources, limited budget. I'm sure they will if it's necessary & needed, as soon as they can. If it's a real issue you can always call them and ask nicely.

Location hidden

#3 Dec 28, 2012
Be Patient wrote:
Limited resources, limited budget. I'm sure they will if it's necessary & needed, as soon as they can. If it's a real issue you can always call them and ask nicely.
Oh ok so It's not a priority then living on other rds
Be Patient

Branson, MO

#4 Dec 28, 2012
Of course it's a priority, you just have to wait your turn. Most likely if there was enough snow in your area, that is what the road crews will be working on for the next few days.
Or like I said, if you see there is a danger or potential for a bad accident, you should always let them know, and of course you can call and ask them what their schedule says and they should be able to tell you.
When you say you live on a County Road, I take it that means it's either a chip & seal paved road, or a gravel road. If that's the case it will be handled by the County offices, not MODOT or the city. Private driveways will most likely be the property owners responsibility.
HateToSay

Branson, MO

#5 Dec 28, 2012
But they do not blade off county roads. Sorry
Sorry

Ozark, MO

#6 Dec 29, 2012
If you are in the county, on a "dirt road", better buy a tractor.

Location hidden

#7 Dec 29, 2012
HateToSay wrote:
But they do not blade off county roads. Sorry
Why don't they blade off county rd ?
traveler

West Plains, MO

#8 Dec 29, 2012
The roads are clear anyway.

Location hidden

#9 Dec 29, 2012
traveler wrote:
The roads are clear anyway.
I know ask tht when snows and Wht neb told me
FUall

Ozark, MO

#11 Dec 29, 2012
What are they gunna do, spread more gravel on the gravel roads? I live on a paved city street and havn't seen a snow truck yet. Here is how it works in this area,

1 snow dump truck

1 hillbilly local worker

And a partrage in a pare tree.

Location hidden

#12 Dec 29, 2012
FUall wrote:
What are they gunna do, spread more gravel on the gravel roads? I live on a paved city street and havn't seen a snow truck yet. Here is how it works in this area,

1 snow dump truck

1 hillbilly local worker

And a partrage in a pare tree.
;)
the real smh

Marshfield, MO

#13 Dec 29, 2012
If it is extremely bad snow/ice storm they have bladed county gravel roads. Just don't count on it. Major highways then secondary highways are cleared.
Brenda Moncrief

Ozark, MO

#14 Dec 30, 2012
Wisegurl69 wrote:
I just move here I moved on county rd do they remove the snow Immediately after a snow storm?
They don't never come down my road. I'm happy I don't gotta pay them taxes!

Location hidden

#15 Dec 30, 2012
Brenda Moncrief wrote:
<quoted text>They don't never come down my road. I'm happy I don't gotta pay them taxes!
:)

Location hidden

#16 Dec 31, 2012
R they coming
geez

Branson, MO

#17 Dec 31, 2012
NO, if you live on a gravel / dirt road they WILL NOT come clear the gravel road. I have always lived in the country and they have only graded the road 1 time. That was during the ice storm that left many of us without power for at least a week. It is my understanding that they graded the roads that Howell Oregon Electric was having trouble accessing. It is impossible for them to clear a gravel road, not to mention it will cost even more to spread gravel to replace what they have graded off. If you live on a paved county road, they will not be grading that road either. It's just part of living in the country.

Location hidden

#18 Jan 4, 2013
When do they come
HookerWhoreSlutS kank

Ozark, MO

#19 Jan 4, 2013
Wisegurl69 wrote:
When do they come
After the snow has done melted cuz the streets are way to slick and dangerous to drive on. Don't ya remember the ice storm a few yrs ago? This was a little storm, can you imagin if a real big storm ever hits, it's every man for themselves around here. And pay your electric bill 1 second late they shut you off just for the laugh. a real pre-pared town if you know what I mean. Re-turn a library book 1 second late and they act like you just killed 50 people but let drunk drivers leave every bar in town drive down the roads everynight. Wait until the big earthquake hits, we all be f--ked then. but go to walmart and the store security dicks slips stuff in your bags/coat pockets just to make a shop liffting arrest and get their name in the paper for free advertisment. I once saw a hillbilly local walk so slow a turtle walked passed him and said,'what the f--k'. We have a local newspapper that let a nutjob print the demon doctrins in the paper last week that said the name 'JESUS' is fake and everyone who was babtized in 'JESUS' name wasn't babtized and we all be praying and worshiping the devil because this nutjob knows GODs real name and we and the billions of Christians before us were fooled by the devil. And this was part 1 of this guys doctrins with more to come. This is a very scary place to live without banjo music.

Location hidden

#21 Jan 4, 2013
HookerWhoreSlutSkank wrote:
<quoted text>After the snow has done melted cuz the streets are way to slick and dangerous to drive on. Don't ya remember the ice storm a few yrs ago? This was a little storm, can you imagin if a real big storm ever hits, it's every man for themselves around here. And pay your electric bill 1 second late they shut you off just for the laugh. a real pre-pared town if you know what I mean. Re-turn a library book 1 second late and they act like you just killed 50 people but let drunk drivers leave every bar in town drive down the roads everynight. Wait until the big earthquake hits, we all be f--ked then. but go to walmart and the store security dicks slips stuff in your bags/coat pockets just to make a shop liffting arrest and get their name in the paper for free advertisment. I once saw a hillbilly local walk so slow a turtle walked passed him and said,'what the f--k'. We have a local newspapper that let a nutjob print the demon doctrins in the paper last week that said the name 'JESUS' is fake and everyone who was babtized in 'JESUS' name wasn't babtized and we all be praying and worshiping the devil because this nutjob knows GODs real name and we and the billions of Christians before us were fooled by the devil. And this was part 1 of this guys doctrins with more to come. This is a very scary place to live without banjo music.
Ur nutz

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr grave digger 104,241
Dogs 1 hr tim 13
Woman with a full beard in Walmart bathroom 11 hr Johnny R 16
Where did Trent hide the money from the feds (Jul '15) 12 hr grave digger 15
kathy parrish (Jul '11) Mon Gravestone 2
News Haunted: The old D.W. Reese Primary School in W... (Jul '08) Mon Gabby 40
"Wolf Pack" violence (Sep '08) Mon grave digger 411
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages