Attack on Lake Park Towing leaves 3 i...

Attack on Lake Park Towing leaves 3 injured, 1 critical

There are 74 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Oct 22, 2008, titled Attack on Lake Park Towing leaves 3 injured, 1 critical. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Kathryn Gadoury had a message for the man who rushed into her towing company Wednesday morning and opened fire with an assault rifle: "I forgive you." Gadoury spoke from a bed in St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

jason

Miami, FL

#26 Oct 23, 2008
Towing companies are among the most despicable, underhanded, thieving groups of people I've ever encountered. sounds like they try to shake down the wrong guy.
concerned one

Indiantown, FL

#27 Oct 23, 2008
woody hayes wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he tends to fall more on the retarded side of things.
I speak ONLY the FACTS and TRUTH.
Bloomberg

San Antonio, TX

#28 Oct 23, 2008
concerned one wrote:
<quoted text>
But YOU are still a flat out LIAR.
We all know you are a flat out LIAR Concerned One
tony

United States

#29 Oct 23, 2008
Not for nothing but if what he said were true and needed drugs for his daughter and she needed them now i would be very pissed of to if they wouldn't let me get to them. But lets be real here, they were probably drugs he stole or were using and didn't want the person who ownes the car to find them. Still a level headed person wouyld have called the cops and asked them to meet me there because i was going to get them and things might get heated and i was going to need there help.
Bloomberg

San Antonio, TX

#30 Oct 23, 2008
concerned one wrote:
<quoted text>
Concerned one tells Lies so often, they become Facts and Truth only to him (as proved in the above quote)
FED UP

AOL

#31 Oct 23, 2008
To bad all the tow truck kscum bags did not get shot dead.
techron

Pompano Beach, FL

#32 Oct 23, 2008
not that I condone his actions, but these towing companies are really bad.
They act like they own you and your car and exploit people. I've never heard one positive story about a towing company's demeanor. Rehardless of ownership, if his daughter's medications were in that vehicle, it would seem to me that a few simple questions of name, medication name and dosage, etc.. would have let him help his daughter. Instead the demagogue at the place chose to play chicken with the man. Bad move I guess.
lewisharding

Key West, FL

#33 Oct 23, 2008
Take the guns away from the nut cases in Florida. Our legislators have paved the way for more and more shootings with accepting gun lobby dollars. Crist & his cabinet need to be investigated for corruption, they have destroyed our state.
Boca

Munford, AL

#34 Oct 23, 2008
concerned one wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the article. They said, the car had "medicines" in it.
Speaking about meds concerned one it's time for yours.
About Time

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#35 Oct 23, 2008
Most tow companies use unscrupulous tactics to steal money from drivers. And the city and counties are in on it! And there is nothing you can do about it which is why people are taking matters into their own hands. Let's shoot a few more of them and this problem will be solved. And did you see the idiot sheriff? He was whining like a little baby - "they had powerful guns". Yes they did ya turkey of a sheriff and it is a good thing. How else are we supposed to get fair treatment. I am sure you would love for us citizens to give up our firearms so you can force your malfeasance upon us. NO Way Jose! I bet it is you who gets the kick backs from these unscrupulous tow companies. I mean, it is you and your crony deputies who allow these town operators first access to any vehicle you see fit with no recourse. First our great government takes away any extra income we have and then they keep all of the power. How much longer can we take it?
Tony Taylor

Chicago, IL

#36 Oct 23, 2008
This was bound to happen. I used to live in Woodbine and these idiots would come out like sharks at 11:59 pm to tow everyone with a truck or one inch of a wheel on the street. I categorically do not feel one bit sorry for what happened. You reap what you sow.
faggy baer

AOL

#37 Oct 23, 2008
they should check the gun used by the towing company,to see if is registered,, and also the guy who used it,,,does he have a permit to fire that gun,, get to it cops,, or we will be all unsafe going there,

“FAMMLEE”

Since: Dec 06

Oakland Park

#38 Oct 23, 2008
I bet those two women are going to be a whole lot nicer to those fortunate recipients of their services.
Friggin cop wannabes.
They tow for a couple of law enforcement agencies and their all high and mighty.
Don't get me wrong the guy was most likely in need of his fix in the car, However you just got to judge when to stick to policy and when to drop it.
Say No To Obama

Lake Zurich, IL

#39 Oct 23, 2008
Verne Troyer wrote:
If this guy is the one who was involved in a crush he should have been granted limited access to his car just to retrieve the meds and Docs. Problem is when you get your vehicle towed these GREEDY companies try to use it to make a killing...which is what almost happened.
I have to give props to the shooter on this one! Anyone who works for a Towing Company is a complete scumbag! And anyone who has ever had their car towed knows what I am talking about!

I think EXTORTION is the 1st thing they teach you on Training Day at Towing Companies! It's amazing how many little extra fees pop up when you go to retrieve your car........and even if this guy showed proof the car was his, you know there was no way he was getting his daughters meds unless he paid some sort of extra fee for them!!!

Kathryn Gadoury, you got exactly what you deserved you piece of garbage..........and i hope God has mercy on your soul!
Get Smart

Jupiter, FL

#40 Oct 23, 2008
So did his daughter die?
Say No To Obama

Lake Zurich, IL

#41 Oct 23, 2008
concerned one wrote:
<quoted text>
So how does one speak typing on a keyboard?????
Say No To Obama

Lake Zurich, IL

#42 Oct 23, 2008
concerned one wrote:
It is EXTREMELY important to note that the REASON the vehicle was in the Lake Park Towing lot was because it had been involved in a crash. Hence, my official posts..........
Yes, there sure are plenty of crashes. It would not be as bad if that was ALL that was wrong with auto vehicles. But unfortunately there are a myriad of other HUGE problems also. We (taxpayers and consumers) are literally also paying out BILLIONS of dollars (with a capital "B") for the infrastructure (roads, lighting, signs, bridges, guardrails, traffic jams, road maintenance, repairs, traffic enforcement, Road Rangers, emergency responders, parking facilities, junk yards, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.) for auto vehicles to get around. And, our heavy dependence on foreign oil of which auto vehicles is the major cause is devastating us as a nation. Our Insurance business "landscape" for our auto vehicles is going to change dramatically. This change in the Insurance business "landscape" is evidently going to bring bad hardships to owning and driving auto vehicles. Plus, other additional negative aspects of auto vehicle use are: 1. the lost productivity (inability to read, study, work on computer) that each solo driver sustains in the daily commute; 2. the lack of physical exercise (drive instead of walk, bicycle to station / bus stop); and, 3. ease of access to fast food drive throughs, thereby contributing to increased incidence of obesity. All of these very serious types of problems, including the number and frequency of these tragic crashes, you will never hear much about from the automobile industry, AAA (American Automobile Associaton), the travel and tourist industry, the oil companies, the FDOT (Florida Department of Transportation, the USDOT (United States Department of Transportation, etc., etc., etc.). Get rid of auto vehicles. We will be safer, wealthier, healthier, and happier.
CONCERNED ONE IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF THE CONSEQUENCES THAT OCCUR WHEN YOU DO NOT PULL OUT DURING SEX!!!!!!!
Ol Ron

Covington, LA

#43 Oct 23, 2008
Owning a tow company equals having a license to steal. They always deal in cash. No oversight. The IRS should investigate them all.
a voting democrat

Miami, FL

#44 Oct 23, 2008
Girly wrote:
Right. I'm suprised too why this doesn't happen more often with tow companies. They are truly criminals and by their operating procedures, its hardly empathy they deserve when their abuses of the public come back to bite them...or in this case, shoot them.
But this guy used an AK-47. Wow.
AK-47s, geez, these guns are scarey, scarey, scarey. At least the Russians had good engineering, while they ran a failed economy into the ground.
Something to think about towing companies: My son's truck was stolen from in front of the house. He reported to it police and insurance co. when he found it gone when he went to go work in the morning. Eighteen [18] days later he received a letter from the towing company telling him they had his truck. GET THIS, the towing company had towed the truck the day after it was stolen! They had the truck with its VIN #, but they did not report to the police, ever, my son called the cops after getting the letter. So after 18 days of storage charges they send a letter. Maybe they stole it! Scam?
Mrs 357

Lake Worth, FL

#45 Oct 23, 2008
I hate tow companies too. Bottom feeders. The guy didn't bring enough weapons. A LAW might have gotten the job done.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Palm Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rising seas threaten a jewel of Trump's real es... 1 hr Brian_G 8
News Jordan says moving US Embassy to Jerusalem is '... 6 hr Listen 11
subs weed roofiess perks Xanies bar,Blues,o... 9 hr sisi 1
News Lake Worth - The city has rescheduled the curta... Jan 17 Solarman 5
News Reader says cell phone lot is too hard to find ... (Jun '08) Jan 16 tinkle tinkle 25
Palm Beach County is not a Business Friendly En... Jan 11 Chamber of Commerce 1
News Hillary Clinton plans Broward stop to court gay... Jan 11 TerriB1 150

West Palm Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Palm Beach Mortgages