Attack on Lake Park Towing leaves 3 injured, 1 critical

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Kathryn Gadoury had a message for the man who rushed into her towing company Wednesday morning and opened fire with an assault rifle: "I forgive you." Gadoury spoke from a bed in St.
Comments
1 - 20 of 74 Comments Last updated Aug 15, 2012
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Verne Troyer

United States

#2 Oct 23, 2008
If this guy is the one who was involved in a crush he should have been granted limited access to his car just to retrieve the meds and Docs. Problem is when you get your vehicle towed these GREEDY companies try to use it to make a killing...which is what almost happened.
Good Guy

United States

#5 Oct 23, 2008
Verne Troyer wrote:
If this guy is the one who was involved in a crush he should have been granted limited access to his car just to retrieve the meds and Docs. Problem is when you get your vehicle towed these GREEDY companies try to use it to make a killing...which is what almost happened.
The best way to solve an argument is with handgun violence. It's what makes America great....
Local Guy

Lake Worth, FL

#6 Oct 23, 2008
I am suprised that things like this don't happen more often at tow yards. Years ago my car, boat and trailer were towed from a condo parking lot where I lived at the time. I had problems with the boat that night and didn't get home before my storage lot closed. So at midnight I parked my car, boat and trailer in the corner of the parking lot. Just before six am that Sunday morning when I got up to go drop my boat off at the storage lot my property was towed. The tow company held my property hostage, would only accept cash, no checks or credit cards, and treated me like a criminal. There are a lot of good people in the towing industry, but there are a lot of blood sucking leaches too. While I most certainly do not condone what this shooter did, I am suprised that it doesn't happen more often, given the way towing companies treat their "victims". This is exactly why many towing companies in South Florida operate their offices behind bullet proof glass. But when a crazed person takes a high power rifle and shoots through block walls, there isn't much you can do.
delbert

Hollywood, FL

#8 Oct 23, 2008
concerned one wrote:
It is EXTREMELY important to note that the REASON the vehicle was in the Lake Park Towing lot was because it had been involved in a crash. Hence, my official posts..........
Yes, there sure are plenty of crashes. It would not be as bad if that was ALL that was wrong with auto vehicles. But unfortunately there are a myriad of other HUGE problems also. We (taxpayers and consumers) are literally also paying out BILLIONS of dollars (with a capital "B") for the infrastructure (roads, lighting, signs, bridges, guardrails, traffic jams, road maintenance, repairs, traffic enforcement, Road Rangers, emergency responders, parking facilities, junk yards, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.) for auto vehicles to get around. And, our heavy dependence on foreign oil of which auto vehicles is the major cause is devastating us as a nation. Our Insurance business "landscape" for our auto vehicles is going to change dramatically. This change in the Insurance business "landscape" is evidently going to bring bad hardships to owning and driving auto vehicles. Plus, other additional negative aspects of auto vehicle use are: 1. the lost productivity (inability to read, study, work on computer) that each solo driver sustains in the daily commute; 2. the lack of physical exercise (drive instead of walk, bicycle to station / bus stop); and, 3. ease of access to fast food drive throughs, thereby contributing to increased incidence of obesity. All of these very serious types of problems, including the number and frequency of these tragic crashes, you will never hear much about from the automobile industry, AAA (American Automobile Associaton), the travel and tourist industry, the oil companies, the FDOT (Florida Department of Transportation, the USDOT (United States Department of Transportation, etc., etc., etc.). Get rid of auto vehicles. We will be safer, wealthier, healthier, and happier.
Please don't go away mad, JUST GO AWAY.

Don't you have any new material? This is getting old.
Palm beach girl

United States

#10 Oct 23, 2008
Bradshaw said the suspect, Edward Voltz Jr., 51, of West Palm Beach, went to the towing company in the 800 block of 13th Street about 4:30 a.m. for a car that was towed there after a traffic crash.
It didn't say he was the driver. If it isn't his car he should of brought the owner with him to receive his stuff. How did the company know he wasn't stealing from the car?
Bloomberg

San Antonio, TX

#11 Oct 23, 2008
concerned one wrote:
<quoted text>
I speak ONLY the FACTS and TRUTH.
seriously, do the whole world a favor and go play in traffic
concerned one

United States

#12 Oct 23, 2008
Palm beach girl wrote:
Bradshaw said the suspect, Edward Voltz Jr., 51, of West Palm Beach, went to the towing company in the 800 block of 13th Street about 4:30 a.m. for a car that was towed there after a traffic crash.
It didn't say he was the driver. If it isn't his car he should of brought the owner with him to receive his stuff. How did the company know he wasn't stealing from the car?
How did the company know he WAS stealing from the car?
dee jay

Pompano Beach, FL

#13 Oct 23, 2008
concerned one wrote:
It is EXTREMELY important to note that the REASON the vehicle was in the Lake Park Towing lot was because it had been involved in a crash. Hence, my official posts..........
Yes, there sure are plenty of crashes. It would not be as bad if that was ALL that was wrong with auto vehicles. But unfortunately there are a myriad of other HUGE problems also. We (taxpayers and consumers) are literally also paying out BILLIONS of dollars (with a capital "B") for the infrastructure (roads, lighting, signs, bridges, guardrails, traffic jams, road maintenance, repairs, traffic enforcement, Road Rangers, emergency responders, parking facilities, junk yards, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.) for auto vehicles to get around. And, our heavy dependence on foreign oil of which auto vehicles is the major cause is devastating us as a nation. Our Insurance business "landscape" for our auto vehicles is going to change dramatically. This change in the Insurance business "landscape" is evidently going to bring bad hardships to owning and driving auto vehicles. Plus, other additional negative aspects of auto vehicle use are: 1. the lost productivity (inability to read, study, work on computer) that each solo driver sustains in the daily commute; 2. the lack of physical exercise (drive instead of walk, bicycle to station / bus stop); and, 3. ease of access to fast food drive throughs, thereby contributing to increased incidence of obesity. All of these very serious types of problems, including the number and frequency of these tragic crashes, you will never hear much about from the automobile industry, AAA (American Automobile Associaton), the travel and tourist industry, the oil companies, the FDOT (Florida Department of Transportation, the USDOT (United States Department of Transportation, etc., etc., etc.). Get rid of auto vehicles. We will be safer, wealthier, healthier, and happier.
You need to go back on your meds. The car is here deal with it.Horse and buggys are not comeing back.WAKE UP...
Odin

Hollywood, FL

#14 Oct 23, 2008
concerned one wrote:
<quoted text>
How did the company know he WAS stealing from the car?
Concerned One has 6 DUI's and is not allowed to drive anymore
Girly

United States

#15 Oct 23, 2008
Right. I'm suprised too why this doesn't happen more often with tow companies. They are truly criminals and by their operating procedures, its hardly empathy they deserve when their abuses of the public come back to bite them...or in this case, shoot them.
But this guy used an AK-47. Wow.
AK-47s, geez, these guns are scarey, scarey, scarey. At least the Russians had good engineering, while they ran a failed economy into the ground.
bubba

Miami, FL

#16 Oct 23, 2008
ya'll got what's coming to you!!
see, you people are in the theft buisness and now somebody just sent ya'll a MESSAGE!! you're just a bunch of tow yard nazi's and probably robbed his car while he was out front
and took the drug's! so that said,
how do like ol'ed now?
good job eddy!!
concerned one

United States

#17 Oct 23, 2008
dee jay wrote:
<quoted text>You need to go back on your meds. The car is here deal with it.Horse and buggys are not comeing back.WAKE UP...
What I am talking about is NOT a matter of IF, it's just a matter of WHEN. It is DEFINITELY happening.
concerned one

United States

#18 Oct 23, 2008
Odin wrote:
<quoted text>
Concerned One has 6 DUI's and is not allowed to drive anymore
And YOU are a flat out LIAR.
concerned one

United States

#19 Oct 23, 2008
Bloomberg wrote:
<quoted text>
seriously, do the whole world a favor and go play in traffic
No thank you.
stinky

United States

#20 Oct 23, 2008
There must be something really incriminating in that towed vehicle...
gary185

King, NC

#21 Oct 23, 2008
concerned one wrote:
<quoted text>
Tow truck companys are crooks, and to not let this guy get the meds for his daughter is stupid, I hope he forgives you lady.oh and concerned one just because you have lost your right to drive, leave us to run your dum a$$ over. 4 post of you saying nothing is enuff...
Bloomberg

San Antonio, TX

#22 Oct 23, 2008
concerned one wrote:
<quoted text>
thats a riot coming from you, considering all you do is LIE.

Tell a lie enough times and to concerned one, it becomes truth.
concerned one

United States

#23 Oct 23, 2008
stinky wrote:
There must be something really incriminating in that towed vehicle...
Read the article. They said, the car had "medicines" in it.
woody hayes

San Antonio, TX

#24 Oct 23, 2008
Bloomberg wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he tends to fall more on the retarded side of things.
concerned one

United States

#25 Oct 23, 2008
Bloomberg wrote:
<quoted text>
But YOU are still a flat out LIAR.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Palm Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
grittiest streets in Palm Beach County (Mar '08) 6 hr Down The Road 18
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 12 hr Sur 13 Beat 2,959
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) Thu Liberal forever 2,121
Review: Fantasys Of Palm Beach (Sep '11) Aug 25 girlyB 5
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) Aug 23 Sadira Snape 2,456
'Disgusting' Video Shows Thug Pummeling Autisti... Aug 21 kenny 11
tina mcmenanin lincoln nebraska cold case cover up Aug 20 sunnyboyhughes 1
•••
•••
•••

West Palm Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

West Palm Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE