Review: South Dixie Animal Hospital -...

Review: South Dixie Animal Hospital - Salvatore Zeitlin DVM

Posted in the West Palm Beach Forum

Biloca

Jupiter, FL

#1 Dec 26, 2010
Awesome surgeon, but he has no social skills and is arrogant! He is showing signs of being tired too, maybe it is time for him to retire and play golf!
Keith Bell

Lake Worth, FL

#2 Sep 4, 2011
No vet is perfect and Dr. Zeitlin does seem to have great skills and experience. However, like many he is behind the times with regard to vaccinations and how they cause gut damage. It's possible the vaccinations he gave our dog along with another enzyme inhibitor, Adequan, caused the ulcerative condition she now has causing seizure. We are on the road to curing her after nearly three years of figuring out the problem. Dr. Zeitlin only wanted to address the seizure symptoms and had the impudence to laugh as I paid the bill for yet another test I initiated. It's factory medicine and vets don't even recognize the gut-brain connection. Sadly, this way they can also sell prednisone. I do think he cares about animals and loves them, but he's set in his ways and refuses treatment based on observation such gastrointestinal issues. I'm planning to register a complaint with veterinary authorities.
Anthony

West Palm Beach, FL

#3 Nov 26, 2012
Dr Zeitlen is one of the most thorough & knowledgable 'Vets' I've encountered in my lifetime. He is also well versed in more than just dogs & cats. He has performed surgery on our guniea pig, as well. Anyone who live sin or around Palm Beach county knows he is also the vet for the PBC Zoo. I also found him to be a nice guy, and personable. The office staff seems friendly. I wish he was more centrally located in PBC. He is also a bit pricey.
Anthony

West Palm Beach, FL

#4 Nov 26, 2012
I'm surprised - I have found him to be a prety cool guy. He alway makes sure he makes some small talk and last time I was there he told me all about his car and motorcycle racing days - very interesting.
Biloca wrote:
Awesome surgeon, but he has no social skills and is arrogant! He is showing signs of being tired too, maybe it is time for him to retire and play golf!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Palm Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Major Nonprofits Cancel Mar-a-Lago Fundraisers ... 6 hr done 1
News For Transgender Women, an Extra Dose of Fear Aug 13 TerriB1 4
News The Hero Who Saved His Gay Friends Aug 11 Wondering 22
grittiest streets in Palm Beach County (Mar '08) Aug 10 WhiskeySix 39
News Anti-gay statements made before deadly shooting Aug 9 Furbles 12
checking in again to see if-------- (Mar '08) Aug 5 Craig 77
News Curly-Tailed Lizard Population Threatens Native... (Mar '08) Aug 2 may 153

West Palm Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance