DUI suspected in start of 4-car wreck

Palm Beach Sheriff's Office Deputy Clifford Peterson was on his way to work when an alleged drunken driver rear-ended his car, starting a four-car chain reaction Sunday morning, authorities said. Full Story
Shiloh

United States

#1 Nov 6, 2006
I am so glad that the deputy injuries aren't life threatening. However the young man that is responsible for the accident would be punished for his total disregard for life. If you are not able to handle your liquor or be responsible when you do drink then DON'T! It ruin lives and it is usually other peoples lives that you put at risk. Accidents happens, yes, however when you choose to drink and drink that is no accident.
fair is fair

Dayton, OH

#3 Nov 6, 2006
Wow! For him to survive this, he must be one tough guy. Hope his recovery is swift.

If you are ever launched like he was, tuck your chin and roll (best case scenario from an ex-stuntwoman).
a teacher

Weehawken, NJ

#4 Nov 6, 2006
i wonder if the drunk drive who was driving illegally was also an illegal in the country. once again, we pay for those who disregard the law by driving without a license and most likely insurance. and then people wonder why our car and medical insurance is so high in florida.
Z4 for Me

United States

#5 Nov 6, 2006
To Shiloh above.....Driving while under the influence is against the LAW. It does not matter if you can handle your liquor or not.
As for the officer.......I am very happy he is alive, however, head injuries are serious and some don't recover fully.
As for the bastard that caused this accident......shame on you. You are a useless piece of trash. I hope you spend the rest of your life in jail.
MOONSHINE

United States

#6 Nov 6, 2006
IF A DEPUTIES DOES NOT STAND A CHANCE WE AS PLAIN OLD TAX PAYERS DONT STAND A CHANCE FROM DRUNKS _ DOPERS-CELL USERS AND ALL OF THESE PEOPLE WIT6H THOSE P .B.A. STICKERSON THER CARS O YES THOSE LITTLE (FISHES)
Mr Nasty

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#7 Nov 6, 2006
Gee, I wonder if this drunk that struck the officer was also an illegal? Hope the officer gets better and it's time to start closing the borders.
perfect

New York, NY

#8 Nov 6, 2006
this guy is some piece of work. no license, dui, hits a cop. good job, there buddy. way to be inconspicuous
Tim

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#9 Nov 6, 2006
"The driver, Juan Ismael Celis-Perez, 42, of West Palm Beach, was charged with driving under the influence and without a license,"

Probably another Illegal alien, DUI, no license, and no insurance. Do you want to make odds that he won't show for his trial?

Will we ever learn. Illegal aliens cost us taxpayers big bucks.

They drive up auto insurance rates for our legal citizens.(~250$ per auto/yr.)

They drive up health insurance rates because hospitals cost shift the burden onto those who can pay.(~500$ per policy/yr.)

They consume county resources, schools, jails, courts, DA, PD at a disproportionate rate.(~1500$ per household/yr).

They drive down wages and benefits which damages all US citizens who want to work for a living??

Our societies general spiral downwards towards 3rd world status will include a general increase in corruption, drugs, and violent crimes.
(cost ??? you tell me..)

All for What???? So an employer of illegal aliens can hire cheap labor.

So you can fall the scam line, "jobs american's won't do?", get real.

Is it really worth the price???
TSF

United States

#10 Nov 6, 2006
gee...a hispanic driving drunk & without a license. i'm shocked!
floating in a raft

Lake Zurich, IL

#11 Nov 6, 2006
all good points.. Hopefully the police will enforce basic traffic laws..we all know south florida is rated as the rudest drives and AAA has three of the nations most dangerous intersections located here in south florida...and remember the cop on US1 going home in his patrol car hit and killed a person..WHILE TRAVELING 90 MPH. So, please, all cops..enforce the traffic laws because you never know when a driver will hit you that should have never been driving...
fair is fair

Dayton, OH

#12 Nov 6, 2006
Tim wrote:
"The driver, Juan Ismael Celis-Perez, 42, of West Palm Beach, was charged with driving under the influence and without a license,"
Probably another Illegal alien, DUI, no license, and no insurance. Do you want to make odds that he won't show for his trial?
Will we ever learn. Illegal aliens cost us taxpayers big bucks.
They drive up auto insurance rates for our legal citizens.(~250$ per auto/yr.)
They drive up health insurance rates because hospitals cost shift the burden onto those who can pay.(~500$ per policy/yr.)
They consume county resources, schools, jails, courts, DA, PD at a disproportionate rate.(~1500$ per household/yr).
They drive down wages and benefits which damages all US citizens who want to work for a living??
Our societies general spiral downwards towards 3rd world status will include a general increase in corruption, drugs, and violent crimes.
(cost ??? you tell me..)
All for What???? So an employer of illegal aliens can hire cheap labor.
So you can fall the scam line, "jobs american's won't do?", get real.
Is it really worth the price???
Perfectly stated!
tired of this

United States

#13 Nov 6, 2006
why is it that every story like this involves a mexican who is drunk and has no d/l (or insurance i bet)
Haywood Jablomey

Deerfield Beach, FL

#16 Nov 6, 2006
Man, that sucks that the cop got all busted up like that, and needlessly too. I strongly doubt that after a trauma like that, he will ever be the same. I wonder what will happen to the ignorant dick who hit him while he was walking? On another note, seems like everywhere you look around here, there are more and more mexicans driving with no licenses and insurance. Why are they all of a sudden coming here in such large numbers??? Oh well, still rather have them than some islamic fools
mel

Hollywood, FL

#17 Nov 6, 2006
This guy is SCREWED! Illegal alien probably, no license, 4 cars crashed, DUI, no insurance or registration I bet....GOOD LUCK!!! He hit a cop too. SCREWED!
fair is fair

Dayton, OH

#19 Nov 6, 2006
Haywood Jablomey wrote:
Man, that sucks that the cop got all busted up like that, and needlessly too. I strongly doubt that after a trauma like that, he will ever be the same. I wonder what will happen to the ignorant dick who hit him while he was walking? On another note, seems like everywhere you look around here, there are more and more mexicans driving with no licenses and insurance. Why are they all of a sudden coming here in such large numbers??? Oh well, still rather have them than some islamic fools
I just came back from Broward/Palm Beach county. I was there one year ago. The difference in just ONE YEAR is unbelievable! Those of you who live there probably can't see the difference like I did, but I am really glad I moved. I miss the old South Florida....it will never be the same.
bob

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#20 Nov 6, 2006
that is funny that the guy flew through the air but i am glad he is ok
just looking back

Dawsonville, GA

#21 Apr 13, 2012
For some reason I looked this story up today and didn't realize there was a place where people were commenting on the story. The guy that caused the accident was not the same guy that hit him. the child that hit the cop was under age and therefore was not name...and even still it was a hit and run. Unfortunately he got almost no punishment. It's really sad what people can get away with these days.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Palm Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lake Worth Demise (Oct '07) 7 hr Go Blue Forever 20
Review: Turnkey Auto Group, Inc. 8 hr Cynthia Rodriquez 6
Review: Whispers All Girl Staff (Jan '13) 10 hr PORSHA 37
Review: Peter J Phillips Plumbing Consultant 20 hr Peter Simmons 2
Lantana: Motel owner sued by guest who was robb... (Jul '07) Tue scammedbyDavid 17
Cats poisoned by antifreeze mixed with food (Jan '08) Mon Doggone Good 399
checking in again to see if-------- (Mar '08) Jan 25 Craig 59
West Palm Beach Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

West Palm Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:47 pm PST

NBC Sports 2:47PM