Florida Highway Patrol trooper killed...

Florida Highway Patrol trooper killed in a one-car crash

There are 14 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from May 17, 2008, titled Florida Highway Patrol trooper killed in a one-car crash. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

An off-duty Florida Highway Patrol trooper was killed in a one-car crash about 3 a.m. Saturday in West Palm Beach after the driver lost control on a turn, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Jinx

Cape Coral, FL

#1 May 18, 2008
It's tragic at the least....however,since a law enforcement officer... lost his life and kids lost a dad and a mother lost lost a husband. Should the driver that was spoken so highly of in the article....be any diffrent from any other driver that finds themself in this situation? It will be interesting to follow.
Scarred

Hampton, GA

#2 Jul 10, 2008
I agree with Jinx. If he had a wife and kids at home, why was he out with his "girlfriend" drinking. He was an officer of the law and he allowed the driver to get behind the wheel intoxicated. Is this saying that this ok for the people of the law?
Feel the heat in Delray

Delray Beach, FL

#3 Jul 10, 2008
karma for the pot bust murder in broward?

Since: Jun 08

Boca Raton, FL

#5 Jul 10, 2008
most people drink and drive .. those who say they don't are LIARS ...
Justifiably Bellicose

West Palm Beach, FL

#6 Jul 10, 2008
A highway patrol trooper sees the effects of drunken driving with painful regularity.

What the *&!^ is a trooper, then, doing in a car with a drunken driver?

Idiot deserved to die, if that's what was really going on. I mean, it's inexcusably dumb for NON-highway-patrolmen to ride with a drunk. But for a guy who knows all about the death toll of drunken driving to do it? Deserved to die.
Justifiably Bellicose

West Palm Beach, FL

#7 Jul 10, 2008
How on earth can a highway patrol trooper be excused for getting into a car that will be driven by a drunken driver?

Don't guys like him see, every day, the costs of drunken driving? What was he thinking?!
Just Brilliant

West Palm Beach, FL

#8 Jul 10, 2008
You're kidding me. Alcohol was a factor?

If that's true, what on earth was a HIGHWAY PATROL TROOPER doing getting into a car with a drunken driver?! Doesn't he see, all the time, the dreadful costs of drunken driving??

This is just insane. If a highway patrolman can't even think to not get into a car driven by a drunk, why would anyone expect a member of the public to know better?
Just the Truth

West Palm Beach, FL

#9 Jul 10, 2008
Why did this highway patrolman ever get into a car when a drunk would be driving?

He hasn't had enough experience to see what happens?
Just the Truth

West Palm Beach, FL

#10 Jul 10, 2008
Matty in Boca wrote:
most people drink and drive .. those who say they don't are LIARS ...
I guess that when you say "most" you are leaving room for those who don't. I am one who doesn't -- EVER. I seriously doubt that it's "most". That just sounds like you do it, yourself, and are trying to excuse it by saying it's common. Is that what you're doing?
Friendly

Atlanta, GA

#12 Aug 8, 2008
That is not a nice thing to say AT ALL and not at all fair. I knew this guy and he would have given the shirt off of his back for anyone! Things happen and NONE of us were there. It was never confirmed that either of them were "drunk". They said alcohol "may" have been involved...NO ONE has been charged with anything. She might have even fallen asleep and having one or two drinks is not considered drunk! Don't be so quick to judge and make evil, heartless comments about someone you don't even know!!
Justifiably Bellicose wrote:
A highway patrol trooper sees the effects of drunken driving with painful regularity.
What the *&!^ is a trooper, then, doing in a car with a drunken driver?
Idiot deserved to die, if that's what was really going on. I mean, it's inexcusably dumb for NON-highway-patrolmen to ride with a drunk. But for a guy who knows all about the death toll of drunken driving to do it? Deserved to die.
A friend too

Farmington, MI

#13 Sep 23, 2008
Yes, he was wrong. Very wrong. It's what happens when you do wrong. Karma....
Scooter

Jacksonville, FL

#14 Sep 23, 2008
I knew Trooper Jones. A big man with a big heart. He inspired me to lose weight and build muscles, both of which I did. He moonlighted occasionally as security at the Publix at the Polo Grounds.
FTRecord

Greenwood, NE

#15 Sep 24, 2008
Common sense is at an all time low in LE.
When their not killing each other with
stop sticks,
they kill themselves with stupidity.
a relitive of his family

Lithonia, GA

#17 Dec 24, 2008
U no wat i new him and it uotrages me th@ u immatuer " adults" would say this .!!!!! think about wat matters. his family. i am his relative and it makes me upset th@ u could even say this a bout him! maybe he was letting go after a long days work! its ok that he was with another woman if u people had grown up maybe u would relize that its ok 2 have opposite-sex freinds. he was a good man. and i no his wife and kids miss him lots cuz i talked 2 them yesterday. i no i miss him and i would like 2 say thx 2 the people th@ did not make me mad with thier comments. WE MISS U ELIJA!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Palm Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cats poisoned by antifreeze mixed with food (Jan '08) Fri common sense 439
News US First Lady Melania Trump takes refuge at Flo... Apr 17 RiccardoFire 101
Riviera Beach Music Thread (Oct '13) Apr 17 Musikologist 10
Lake Worth Music Thread (Oct '13) Apr 17 Musikologist 10
Casey Anthony needs executed Apr 16 High plains drifter 1
News Stormy Daniels to appear at South Florida strip... Apr 13 Miami Mike 4
checking in again to see if-------- (Mar '08) Apr 8 Craig 82

West Palm Beach Jobs

Personal Finance

West Palm Beach Mortgages