peoples trust insurance company
Marie

Rockledge, FL

#81 Oct 27, 2011
Jenna wrote:
I've been with People's Trust for two years after my rates kept increasing People's Trust finally offered me relief! They are A rated by Demotech and while they may have had some hiccups when they first started, what new business doesn't? They aren't so new anymore- they are doing well and while my rates have increased a little on my renewal it's still significantly better than the competitors that I checked with. I think a lot of these posts on here are from Insurance Agents that are angry People's Trust is taking business away from them. Get over it! People's Trust is a great company- there customer service is not a call center in India- they are located in Boca Raton (you can go over to their office and take a tour - which I did!) For those of you are real customers shopping for homeowners insurance, I highly recommend People's Trust.
Before you defend this company, let me ask you this? Have you filed a claim with them yet? File one and see how you feel then. Check with Florida Insurance Claim attorneys and get their opinion of this company. You will sing a different tune. Trust me
Carol

Pompano Beach, FL

#82 Dec 27, 2011
suze wrote:
They offer the lowest rates in Florida. Are they for real.
I have had a great experience from People's Trust and saved a lot of money. I did my research before I purchased, called the state and they advised me that People's Trust did not have any issues and was fully compliant. They are also A rated. I have called before with questions and they are always helpful in answering them. If you are looking for a company who will be there for you- this is them! They are actually prepared if there is a hurricane and I feel comfortable knowing that. I also love having the extra money in my pocket to go on vacation. Hope this helps!
someone who knows

Rockledge, FL

#83 Feb 22, 2012
File a claim ... see if you still feel the same
Jenna wrote:
I've been with People's Trust for two years after my rates kept increasing People's Trust finally offered me relief! They are A rated by Demotech and while they may have had some hiccups when they first started, what new business doesn't? They aren't so new anymore- they are doing well and while my rates have increased a little on my renewal it's still significantly better than the competitors that I checked with. I think a lot of these posts on here are from Insurance Agents that are angry People's Trust is taking business away from them. Get over it! People's Trust is a great company- there customer service is not a call center in India- they are located in Boca Raton (you can go over to their office and take a tour - which I did!) For those of you are real customers shopping for homeowners insurance, I highly recommend People's Trust.
Bill- orlando

Lady Lake, FL

#84 Mar 13, 2012
peoples is great had a claim, same day service and the repair crew did a super job and fast. peoples you have my business
dont trust peoples trust

AOL

#85 Mar 13, 2012
Bill Bill Bill .... you are one of the very few lucky ones. More power to you buddy! I bet it was a small claim ... I hope for your sake you never have a fire or storm damage. You will not feel the same way. Have an attorney standing by .. trust me
Bill- orlando wrote:
peoples is great had a claim, same day service and the repair crew did a super job and fast. peoples you have my business
joe letteri

Providence, RI

#87 Jun 17, 2012
do not go with peoples trust, you will be sorry if you have a claim, yes they are cheap, but if they don't pay are they really cheap. you could be paying a low price for insurance for several years, but when something happens it will be like not having insurance at all,i would go without insurance if they were my only choice, call all the public adjusters in florida that you can and see what you get, 3% market share 20% of the complaints, one adjuster told me that he has 47 cases in legal that they denied, so don't feel good because you are saving money by having them, YOU ARE NOT INSURED, you only think you are.
joe letteri

Providence, RI

#88 Jun 17, 2012
dont trust peoples trust wrote:
Bill Bill Bill .... you are one of the very few lucky ones. More power to you buddy! I bet it was a small claim ... I hope for your sake you never have a fire or storm damage. You will not feel the same way. Have an attorney standing by .. trust me
<quoted text>
you've been screwed and you don't even no it
Anthony D - Boca Raton

Montréal, Canada

#89 Nov 19, 2012
People’s Trust – BUYER BEWARE! I decided to switch companies in October 2012 to save some money and within less than 30-days; I am calling my agent to get my coverage reinstated with a new insurance company.

People’s Trust is one of least professional I have come across. Everything went well with the quote and sales process, and while I was a bit sceptical, I decided to proceed. This company have a process of completing what they call an “in/out” inspection on all new policies, to which I find to be very good.

Two weeks following this inspection (which was done on the last date of my old insurance policy), I get a notice of cancellation from People’s Trust. The cancellation indicates that due to a moisture reading detected below a front facing window at the interior wall/baseboard, my home owner’s policy and coverage will expiry on Oct 19, 2012 (proving approximately less than 1-week notice including Sat/Sun).

Well I contacted the sales department of this company which proved no help claiming that only the customer service team had access to the file. Realizing that I have paid the annual premium in full, I guess the sale department was no longer interested in me as a customer?

Speaking to the “customer service”– well that even a bigger joke and I would have been speaking to a coke machine as that agent was unable to assist as she read her scripted response – referring to a decision of their underwriting team that she was unable to do anything about?

Well the story gets better, the following day (Friday) with the policy expiring on the following Monday, the same customer service agent calls me back and indicates that the underwriting department may be able to consider coverage if I get the problem addressed. I then asked if there was a change in the planned policy termination date (Monday) and the reply is “No”. So the problem must be addressed within the next hours and I have to send proof for the underwriting department to consider and this must all happen before 00:01am on Nov. 19 – and there was no guarantee that the policy would be extended?
Even though I have a contractor on site scoping and dealing with the issue, I decided for my sanity not to deal with People’s Trust as I could not imagine the process if this was a claim.
I have dealt with many insurance companies as I have a number of properties in the state of FL and outside. This is the first time I have come across an insurance company with such an operating procedure.

While I have no problem with the findings of the inspection, I would have expected that a reasonable period of time (for example maybe 10-working days?) be provided to address the situation and a process to bring the situation into requirements?

Following that experience the last thing I want is to be dealing with a company such as this as insurance is being taken to safeguard and investment and the last thing that you want to find yourself is a company without support?

I hope that this experience will assist prospective customers in making an informed decision in purchasing from this company.
Don C Pembroke Pines

Hollywood, FL

#90 Jan 28, 2013
Thanks everyone for posting to this site and writing your experiences. After reading these I'm of the opinion that I'll keep my USAA insurance and skip the so called bargin Peoples Trust.
Much appreciated.
David in Sarasota

Sarasota, FL

#91 Feb 24, 2013
Recently receiving a mass mailing letter, and having read all 89 letters posted, I have the choice of an unknown company with questionable business practices or continuing with St. Johns this week. Although receiving a $ 600 increase from SJ this year, it is still a comfort that my 25 yr investment will be secure. No claim in 40 yrs, I wouldn't have the luxury of waiting for their Rapid Response team.
marcie rydel

Sebastian, FL

#92 May 20, 2013
this is 2013, last posting I see is 2009. just rec`t a people's trust ins. brochure. what happened between 09 & 13? anything good? I need a better rate, my credit is very good. IS PC STILL A BAD IDEA? ANYBODY CARE TO UPDATE ME?
BUYER BEWARD

Melbourne, FL

#93 May 20, 2013
marcie rydel wrote:
this is 2013, last posting I see is 2009. just rec`t a people's trust ins. brochure. what happened between 09 & 13? anything good? I need a better rate, my credit is very good. IS PC STILL A BAD IDEA? ANYBODY CARE TO UPDATE ME?
DO NOT GO WITH PEOPLE'S TRUST! I JUST GOT OUT OF THE MOST HORRIFIC EXPERIENCE IN MY LIFE. SUFFERED A HOUSE FIRE BACK IN 2010 AND AM NOT JUST GETTING BACK INTO MY HOME BECAUSE THIS COMPANY REFUSES TO PAY MORE THAN 20K FOR A TOTALLY DESTROYED HOME. PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR ... DO NOT GO WITH THIS COMPANY. THEY WILL INCREASE YOUR PREMIUM WITHIN MONTHS IF NOT WEEKS OF BUYING A POLICY. THERE ARE SO MANY HORRIFIC STORIES REGARDING THIS COMPANY. THERE ARE MORE RECENT POSTS THAN 2009 ON HERE .. UNFORTUNATELY THEY ARE IN RESPONSE TO OTHER POSTS AND DIFFICULT TO FIND. BUYER BEWARE!!!
the insurance rat

AOL

#94 May 23, 2013
comparing a quote from this company right now aginst others-doesn't look right-credits where there are normally surcharges. Been in this business over 25 years. When it smells like a rat it usually is a rat. After what I've seen and heard on internet and all the complaints. I would not want to write business with them.
vince palm beach gardens

West Palm Beach, FL

#95 Jun 21, 2013
Beware Beware Beware I had a water damage claim...a/c backup. My policy was cancled by this company right after the claim...stating the house had previous damage (none) and it did not meet underwriting inspection. It was inspected by their inspector two months before the damage and the inspector stated everything was alright. Very deceitful...never explained that the deductable had to be paid upfont before any work woudl begin and that I would have to uses their vendors to get the damaged flooring and I would have to use their contractors to do the work. please beware
did you know

Melbourne, FL

#96 Jun 21, 2013
If only you hired a Public Adjuster before settling your claim. You HAVE TO HAVE ONE or an ATTORNEY in your court when dealing with this deceiptful company. They hate when a Public Adjuster gets involved because they know they will have to shell out a so much more money and actually be fair. I went through a 2.5 year battle with this company ... and finally settled my claim for what it should have settled for at the beginning! Then it cost them even more because I took them to court ... and I won! Its a shame it has to drag out so long .. but with the Public Adjuster and an attorney I got what was rightfully and legally mine, and the best part, they got stuck paying all the fees for the atty and the adjuster. I hope you got far away from this company! Just like you said in your note ... they had their inspector out to my house 9 times ... then cancelled my policy DURING MY OPEN CLAIM .. stating that I would not allow their inspector to inspect my home for policy renewal. So if that person who was at my home 9 times wasnt their inspector ... who was it?? Rapid Response team thats who. And that is who they use to do repairs as well. They are a joke. Get away ... far far away ... I DID!
vince palm beach gardens wrote:
Beware Beware Beware I had a water damage claim...a/c backup. My policy was cancled by this company right after the claim...stating the house had previous damage (none) and it did not meet underwriting inspection. It was inspected by their inspector two months before the damage and the inspector stated everything was alright. Very deceitful...never explained that the deductable had to be paid upfont before any work woudl begin and that I would have to uses their vendors to get the damaged flooring and I would have to use their contractors to do the work. please beware
loveit

Boynton Beach, FL

#97 Jul 10, 2013
I've had great experiences with People's Trust and i want everyone to know. From when I first got my policy two years ago to having a small claim, they have been there for me. IT wasn't a hassle. Seems like a lot of people posting on here are scam artists trying to make money off the insurance company. I really took the chance to learn about the company and they are genuinely trying to do the right thing and help people. I feel safe knowing that in the event of a claim they will be here for me. If you feel safe with who you have, so be it. I'm saving money and feeling good.
loveit

Boynton Beach, FL

#98 Jul 10, 2013
David in Sarasota wrote:
Recently receiving a mass mailing letter, and having read all 89 letters posted, I have the choice of an unknown company with questionable business practices or continuing with St. Johns this week. Although receiving a $ 600 increase from SJ this year, it is still a comfort that my 25 yr investment will be secure. No claim in 40 yrs, I wouldn't have the luxury of waiting for their Rapid Response team.
What do you mean by waiting for their Rapid Response Team? I had a claim and they were out right away and cleaned up the water that was all over my house. They were so fantastic I couldn't be happier.
Chef Sandy

Gainesville, FL

#99 Jul 13, 2013
Scooter wrote:
If you idiots who choose to live in a hurrican zone (hurrican alley) would only buy strong houses instead of mobile homes, and get the hell away from the ocean, all our rates might go down. The rest of us living all over the state pay for your stupidity.
some of us" idiots" can't afford anything else! We're not stupid, just low income! You narrow-minded ass!
Joel Terrazas

Pompano Beach, FL

#100 Jul 14, 2013
I was a wAter technician / roofer / plumbing / painter/labor/mold inspector and mold technician /cabinet technician / emergency service tech for 1 year for People's Trust insurance,which owns Rapid Response it's all the same company the top manager Steve Berman works for both companies through a Quazay contract on sun Biz thanks to Rick Scott ! If you voted for Rick Scott you voted for people's Trust / Rapid Response team they are the same company . It should be illegal for an insurance company to own a construction company that does work with uncertified techs and that preferred vendor crap is only for insurance company like people's Trust/rapid response to do as little as possible towards your claim /Gold VIP is a scam .Good luck to all from a former employee that left company in good terms
Beachside pays

Indialantic, FL

#102 Jul 16, 2013
Scooter wrote:
If you idiots who choose to live in a hurrican zone (hurrican alley) would only buy strong houses instead of mobile homes, and get the hell away from the ocean, all our rates might go down. The rest of us living all over the state pay for your stupidity.
People who live beach side (hurricane alley) pay much more for insurance, only a few companies will insure us and they have high Re-insurance rates. I guess you don't know what Re-insurance is or you would never say that the rest of the state is paying for us. I used to live in Orlando (same value home) and paid exactly half what I pay beach side (hurricane alley).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Palm Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good paying job with spanking discipline for fe... (Jan '12) 1 hr Sharp love 12
Review: ServiceMaster Cleaning & Restoration Se... 12 hr jstrong196 1
Gaberial Robert Black 15 hr Letha 1
Forensic Psychology for Idiots Mon BF Skinner 1
Palm Beach County Family Court, 15th Circuit Sun BF Skinner 8
New Radical Feminist Courts, Opens in Palm Beac... Aug 30 NURSE KRIS 1
"C" Rated indoctrinated Municipal Public Schoo... Aug 29 Mind Mill Manager 21
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Palm Beach Mortgages