Body found in trash bag in West Palm ...

Body found in trash bag in West Palm identified

There are 26 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Feb 28, 2008, titled Body found in trash bag in West Palm identified. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Her name was Kimberly Dixon. The 39-year-old woman was last seen alive at 10 a.m. Tuesday in the 7000 block of South Dixie Highway in West Palm Beach, the street where she lived.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
KatieM

Pompano Beach, FL

#1 Feb 28, 2008
Good God, what is this world coming to?

Everyone sing along with me......

What the world, needs now, is Love, Sweet love, it's the only thing........that there's just, too little of..........
unreal reality

Boca Raton, FL

#2 Feb 28, 2008
"Five hours later, Dixon was an unidentified corpse in a black trash bag"..."The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office ... said it is treating Dixon's death as a homicide."
Do ya think? What amazing journalism!
Hillary

Lake Worth, FL

#3 Feb 28, 2008
Thank goodness they were able to identify the body
dr_augusta

Pompano Beach, FL

#4 Feb 28, 2008
what a sad, sad story....my heart goes out to her and her family
Girly

United States

#5 Feb 28, 2008
Wow, how horrible. How sad.

Curiously, but I'm wondering if it was a Hefty brand bag. I mean, had to be a tough bag that didn't tear.
Sid Mathers

Delray Beach, FL

#6 Feb 28, 2008
Sick drug addict hooker gets what she deserved. This is news?
Victoria

Vero Beach, FL

#7 Feb 29, 2008
Sid Mathers wrote:
Sick drug addict hooker gets what she deserved. This is news?
I dont think she got what she "deserved", yes she took drugs and spread diseases, which yes are crimes, but ending up in a hefty bag is just plain morbid. I hope she had no children.

The lives of these women make them such an easy target for men, getting into strange cars and going to remote places, its so dangerous, the drugs must cloud whats left of their minds. ALSO its dangerous for the "johns" that pick them up, they are risking AIDS or being beaten up by pimps, a man has to be pretty brainless to even pick up one of these women. So very risky. I hope she had no children.
longhorn

Vero Beach, FL

#8 Feb 29, 2008
dr_augusta wrote:
yes its sad...but preventable....these women prositute themselves on seedy slum streets for money for crack....they are sitting ducks for perverts and killers....this woman did not have to die...we need more programs to get these women off the street and off drugs or this will continue to happen....the drugs must of removed all fear from this woman....she must have known the dangers not only from murder but from all the dirty diseases out there...the sad thing is even after this happened i am sure there will be women out prostituting the same streets tonight as this woman worked.....any normal person would be terrified....the women must be arrested it could save their lives, then tested for diseases then put in programs......because of the criminal aspects these women cant protect themselves because they do drugs and dont get law protection....i hope this does not continue on....
Cisco Kid

Vero Beach, FL

#9 Feb 29, 2008
longhorn wrote:
<quoted text>
yes its sad...but preventable....these women prositute themselves on seedy slum streets for money for crack....they are sitting ducks for perverts and killers....this woman did not have to die...we need more programs to get these women off the street and off drugs or this will continue to happen....the drugs must of removed all fear from this woman....she must have known the dangers not only from murder but from all the dirty diseases out there...the sad thing is even after this happened i am sure there will be women out prostituting the same streets tonight as this woman worked.....any normal person would be terrified....the women must be arrested it could save their lives, then tested for diseases then put in programs......because of the criminal aspects these women cant protect themselves because they do drugs and dont get law protection....i hope this does not continue on....
it will continue on i'm sure. hookers want their crack and dont care about any risk to do it, i am sure there are 12 ho's to take her place and the johns dont care if they get AIDS from them, how about if the john takes home aids to a wife or girlfriend or kids? i dont think a hooker cares, the cops should arrest them all so decent folks dont get disease or involved, really disgusting!
Candi Apple

Vero Beach, FL

#10 Mar 1, 2008
I watched a segment on channel 5 news the other night regarding this, it seemed she had a family with money and friends in good neighborhoods who seemed to love her and care about her, its sad because I wonder if they ever tried to help her get out of those horrible hooker drug-infested area's? I would imagine so but it probably did not work. The drugs I imagine took over her body and mind all together.

They showed pictures of her younger, she was so beautiful, the life took that away, even before she died the pictures of her were fairly decent, she looked I thought a little better than youre average prostitute, usually they are so terrible and sick looking, she looked like she might of had a chance, she had two children I pray her family will find peace one day, I guess her suffering is over now but did it have to be?

West Palm, Lake Worth and Boynton beach have been run over by pimps, pushers, dealers, druggies, strippers and prostitutes and nothing is being done, I think its time for the mayor and the police to stop our streets from the ravages it has seen, Riveria seems like a lost cause. I fear for Florida's future when the crininals have taken over.
thumper

Vero Beach, FL

#11 Mar 1, 2008
they prob tried to help her and she didnt want it crackheads steal from thier familys and betray them all the time she burned her bridges she did not want help druggies are hard to help...
Evan

Vero Beach, FL

#12 Mar 1, 2008
dr_augusta wrote:
Yes it is a very sad story. I am not happy a woman is dead I think noone is. You have to realize through noone held a gun to this womans head and made her have sex with many men and do hard drugs, it was her choice, and many will say "she may have had a pimp" again she could of run away, her own family on television pretty much disowned her they tried to help and no deal.

Whenenver a prostitute or exotic dancer {stripper} is raped beaten or killed sympathy is for her which to a point should be but on the other hand what about all the guys this prostitute has given AIDS too? when these skanky strippers give oral sex in back rooms and the guys wake up a week later with huge painful sores?

Yes I know what you are all saying and I agree the guys are stupid and brainless for messing with the hookers or dancers in the first place I would really be interested to know how many guys have been infected with AIDS or some other nasty disease from hookers and strippers?? They both get naked and lay with thousands of men a week, they must be carrying every germ in the world, we dont read about that through, too humilating.

I think the answer to this is arresting the women and the Johns and testing and classes to teach them about the dangers they take, what they are doing now is not working and it keeps getting worse and worse, drugs, disease, murder, etc...

The women must stop hooking and dancing and spreading disease, and the men gotta stop picking them up and paying them, but that will NEVER HAPPEN because people are stupid so I guess the spreading of disease, the drugs and killings will continue, and with a little work it could be prevented or at least cut down on.
Liza

Vero Beach, FL

#13 Mar 4, 2008
the cops are not gonna work too hard on this one, she was a diseased hooker and i dont feel the cops are gonna find who did it, they should but they wont take the time, i think they should because next time he may kill a decent innocent good woman and that would be terrible, i hope they find him if only to protect us the good ones.
JUST ME

Hialeah, FL

#14 Mar 4, 2008
The only reason, why they aired such a documentary on this channel 5 is because she was the niece of the blonde lady that give the news at 5 pm on the channel 5.
That is why, otherwise none of this would of have been mention..
johnny mofeta

Delray Beach, FL

#16 Mar 5, 2008
She was arrested 15 times in the last year.
Liza

Vero Beach, FL

#17 Mar 5, 2008
johnny mofeta wrote:
She was arrested 15 times in the last year.
Unfortunatly she was a sitting duck. Perverts know these women often have noone looking out for them and are homeless on hard drugs, same with these strippers who dance nude everynight then walk out to a dark deserted parking lot, that dangerous they could even be followed home!! I know its often the drugs that drive these women to prostitute but the risks are so great if you dont end up with AIDS or some horrible disease you can get killed. Hopefully this will deter prostitutes and strippers to get out of the life and stay healthy safe and alive!!
Kylie

Vero Beach, FL

#18 Mar 21, 2008
I am really shocked. I had to drive to the city on business and saw many prostitutes up and down Dixie highway that I am sure extended to broadway, after what happened to that poor woman found in a trash bag I was amazed they would take chance. Just driving down Military or congress in WPB I see the prostitutes waving cars down, usually in the vicinity of one of those filthy stripper bars, we all know those bars are full of drugs, disease and AIDS, I imagine the hookers choice nearby to work, the area is horrible no wonder we have no tourism, its so trashy.

Even my Mom who lives on south federal highway in boynton tells me its bad out there?! the BB cops do nothing to get them off the streets all the way up to North federal towards delray, getting so very bad, the criminals have taken over streets. and its really sad, our law enforcement does little to nothing!!

How these woman can walk the streets after that woman was killed is beyond me? we dont want anymore killings. I know noone likes hookers or strippers but they dont deserve to die some horrible death, but some think they do, we got to clean up our streets if there is a killer on the loose! We need to clean up our streets!!
Bad Boy

Vero Beach, FL

#19 Mar 21, 2008
Kylie wrote:
I am really shocked. I had to drive to the city on business and saw many prostitutes up and down Dixie highway that I am sure extended to broadway, after what happened to that poor woman found in a trash bag I was amazed they would take chance. Just driving down Military or congress in WPB I see the prostitutes waving cars down, usually in the vicinity of one of those filthy stripper bars, we all know those bars are full of drugs, disease and AIDS, I imagine the hookers choice nearby to work, the area is horrible no wonder we have no tourism, its so trashy.
Even my Mom who lives on south federal highway in boynton tells me its bad out there?! the BB cops do nothing to get them off the streets all the way up to North federal towards delray, getting so very bad, the criminals have taken over streets. and its really sad, our law enforcement does little to nothing!!
How these woman can walk the streets after that woman was killed is beyond me? we dont want anymore killings. I know noone likes hookers or strippers but they dont deserve to die some horrible death, but some think they do, we got to clean up our streets if there is a killer on the loose! We need to clean up our streets!!
why are you shocked? a hooker or stripper are nasty ho's they will kill their mothers for a rock or a shot>>you think they give a Fu*k if they infect every dude in west palm with AIDS or some nasty infection? they dont care what happens to them>>its all about the drugs>they dont care about being safe its the drugs baby>>>they get killed the dudes get VD>>sick business real sick
Lynette

Vero Beach, FL

#20 Mar 24, 2008
Kylie wrote:
I imagine alot has to do with the hunger for the drugs and pressure from pimps. I hope this is an isolated incident and we dont have a serial killer in our community. Prostitutes MUST clean up get off the drugs leave the pimps who beat and use them. There are programs but the women must be willing. Prostitutes are very easy pickings for pervert killers, noone is looking out for them, the only one's who are going to protect them IS them. They have to save themselves.
Cant Believe it

Vero Beach, FL

#21 Apr 12, 2008
I was looking at PBC sherrifs booking blotter earlier today. I was stunned to see 12 women have been arrested for prostitution since the beginning of April?? I feel remorse and sympathy for people but its real hard to feel that way for these women who know there may be a man killing prostitutes and they CONTINUE to do it?! Do they think its a joke or it cannot happen to them? I am a woman and its hard for me to understand how they can risk their lives for a few extra dollars selling sex to strangers, is it worth their lives?

The pictures of the woman were really sad and pathetic, they looked SO very bad and unhealthy, almost like the walking dead! It hurt to even look, I cant imagine what kind of man would even pick up these kind of woman, they look so sick and ugly and harbor so many disease's like AIDS.

What would posess a woman to prostitute knowing it could kill her, the drugs? the killer could get anyone, and what kind of brain-dead man would risk AIDS, what a lose-lose situation, its sad, sick and disgusting, and they need to stop it, for all reasons, serial killers OR disease!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Palm Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Discovering the joys of Peppa Pig World Sat peppapigisawesome 1
News Palm Beach County: Two men shot outside strip c... (Oct '07) Nov 14 KiKi 82
News How to get medical marijuana in Florida Nov 14 buzzkillhankhill 1
Review: Stacey Vickers Nov 9 STACEY VICKERS 1
FLASHDANCE closed down?? (Dec '13) Nov 8 butterfly 43
News Special election set to replace lawmaker who re... Nov 7 GetHacked 1
CITGO GAS @ MILITARY & SUMMIT RUNNING a SCAM!! Nov 4 REGRETFULLY53 1

West Palm Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Palm Beach Mortgages