Gryphs come up empty

Gryphs come up empty

There are 2 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Sep 21, 2008, titled Gryphs come up empty. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

The Greater Lowell Tech football team went way overboard on its home-team hospitality yesterday, bending over backwards to accomodate visiting Pentucket Regional of West Newbury which rolled to a lopsided 46-0 ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

bmhs62

New Bedford, MA

#1 Sep 21, 2008
I HEARD MIKE GREGORY HAS QUIT FOOTBALL
observer

Schaumburg, IL

#2 Sep 23, 2008
I was at this game. What an absolute joke it was. The coach substitutes only 4-5 palyers from offense to defense. As Pentucket kept marching up and down the field on offense the defense was noticeably exhausted -- but no substitutions were brought in. The QB had a sprained thumb and returned to sidelines in betwen plays on defense to get it bandaged, the 300 pound LB ( why he isn't on the line is beyond me ) was gasping for air, and most of the only 15 palyers ( out of a 45-player roster ) were tired and dejected. Meanwhile pentucket kept on driving for chuks of yards and TD's ( they had 2 more TD's called back on penalties ). Not until the score became 46-0 did the coach make substitutions beyond 15 players. The parents of the GLVTS should be livid at the way the coaching staff handled this game. In my opinion the whole coaching staff at the Voke is boring, predictable and should be changed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Newbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mothers who lost custody from Judge Virginia M.... (Dec '14) Apr 27 TiredOfHerBias 2
Welcome Wagon? New to town Apr '17 Reenee 2
Hallmark Job Opportunity in Georgetown Mar '17 VictorOrians 1
News Name of Massachusetts town's sewage boat? Not P... (Oct '10) Feb '17 Water Phart 3
looking for info about Jonathan Dollins (Apr '14) Feb '17 M Gillen 5
Apartment Jan '17 Latina 2
News Haverhill residents rally behind homeowner figh... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Theresa Marks 1

West Newbury Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Newbury Mortgages