Slaying victim reportedly died in sec...

Slaying victim reportedly died in second attack

There are 8 comments on the Post-Standard story from Feb 28, 2007, titled Slaying victim reportedly died in second attack. In it, Post-Standard reports that:

Anthony Fortino Jr. didn't know Michael G. Smith was still alive when he loaded his body into a trunk to dump him into a West Monroe swamp, according to a co-defendant. Smith, 26, of 1079 state Route 49, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Post-Standard.

Maureen

Syracuse, NY

#1 Mar 24, 2007
Mike Smith was such a nice man, It is a shame his life was taken so brutally from him for beer and slim jims. It sickens all of us who know Mike
just me

Ithaca, NY

#2 Apr 7, 2007
It's very devestating that Mike's life has come to an end. But as they say everything happens for a reason; he must have been needed up there.
As for Tony; im dissapointed. I would have never expected this from you. Growing up with you we shared some fun times and i wish they could continue. You made a very big mistake and it's something you'll have to live with forever.I wish i could see you and get you're side of the story, but i don't think i could handle it. I'll miss you greatly but these are the consequences to your bad decisions.I love you tony and ill always remember the good side to you, that's all that matters anymore.
just me

Ithaca, NY

#3 Apr 7, 2007
Its very devastating that Mike's life had to be ended so shortly. However like they say everything happens for a reason, and although it's hard to see what that reason is he must have been needed up there.

As for Tony; Im very dissapointed. I would have never expected this from you. Growing up together we had so many good times and god do i wish they could continue. Im shocked by this; its not like you, or at least the old you i used to know. I wish i could say id be seeing you but i know in my heart that day will never come. It sucks that this had to happen and i wish i could hear your side and that you could somehow make me understand. I'll miss u so much, and ill keep you in my thoughts. This is something you'll have to deal with the rest of your life and im sorry but u must take the consequences for your own actions. You are an amazing person no matter what people say, you just made a really bad decision.
Im gunna miss you.<3
Rick

Syracuse, NY

#4 May 24, 2007
Beer and Slim Jims?
chuck

Truxton, NY

#5 May 24, 2007
i garuntee the criminal is not white
Frank Hankey

United States

#6 May 26, 2007
Constanti NY is Where Daniel Wilcox the Child Molester Lives !!!!
Erica

Memphis, TN

#7 May 30, 2007
For you "Just Me" everything doesn't happen for a reason. Mikey was an AMAZING person and he didn't deserve at all what Tony did to him. Tony has no good in him to do what he did to Mikey. None. there is No good in someone that can do something so cold hearted to such a good guy. Obviously you didn't know Mikey. Mikey was like a brother to me and he was an AMAZING person. AMAZING. And Tony deserves to be in jail and be there for the rest of his life.
Bradd

Rome, NY

#8 Oct 3, 2014
chuck wrote:
i garuntee the criminal is not white
Well I GUARANTEE you are a total idiot who was never able to even earn a G.E.D. Friggin moron

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Monroe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two men charged with robbing marijuana from thi... (May '12) Feb 17 On the lamb 11
News NY Autism Advisory Board Seeking Public Input: ... Feb 12 Al Penta Durdeetu... 2
summer and cheyenne longtin (Nov '15) Feb 1 MEGA 6
Andi pepin grosso (Aug '17) Jan '18 Big Al 5
News Sam's Club closing stores in Syracuse, Rocheste... Jan '18 BovenziSuxDix 1
Andrea B Grosso Jan '18 Red rose 5
Sympathy for toll rd apt Seniors Dec '17 sue 6

West Monroe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Monroe Mortgages