Thank God for Ned Mervos
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
idioms

South Park, PA

#21 Apr 11, 2010
You people are idiots. You think laying off teachers is somehow getting "back" at Risha or punishing those teachers that you "THINK" were just put in a created position because you "THINK" they are related. Risha's retired you tards...you think he is affected by this rediculous VENDETTA???? Guess what PARENTS...THE ONLY PEOPLE AFFECTED BY THESE LAYOFFS ARE THE KIDS. Your kids! If you want your kids to be as intelligent as these people in this forum...who can't spell, place blame, call people rediculous names, trash families that just lost a loved one, can't write a sentence, and quite frankly embarrass our community on here because of their lack of intelligence, then support the layoffs. Support the new board, which by the way...has already been caught performing illegal actions, and lying to you (they just don't know it until Friday morning...). YEAH! LET'S PUNISH YOUR KIDS...THAT WILL MOVE WEST MIFFLIN FORWARD...Idiots.
really

Somerset, PA

#22 Apr 11, 2010
It is not about getting back at anyone, we just can't afford to keep all of the staff here. I could care less who hired who I just do not want taxes raised. What did the new board do that was illegal?
That was then

Mckeesport, PA

#23 Apr 11, 2010
really wrote:
It is not about getting back at anyone, we just can't afford to keep all of the staff here. I could care less who hired who I just do not want taxes raised. What did the new board do that was illegal?
You're hiding your head in the sand if you think taxes won't get raised anyhow. may not be this year, but income is dwindling and getting worse for the district, what with the mall and Kennywood and all....
These layoffs are being manipulated to ge the people they don't want out. Plain and simple. If that isn't the case and it's being done for the taxpayer, then the new football coach would be one of the first to be laid off. You won't see that happen.
Layoffs should occur if the numbers don't jive. But it shouldn't spare those the board is trying to find loopholes to keep.
Jonas Salk

Bethel Park, PA

#24 Apr 11, 2010
Ned also cured polio using campaing money Risha gave him
That was then wrote:
<quoted text>
You're hiding your head in the sand if you think taxes won't get raised anyhow. may not be this year, but income is dwindling and getting worse for the district, what with the mall and Kennywood and all....
These layoffs are being manipulated to ge the people they don't want out. Plain and simple. If that isn't the case and it's being done for the taxpayer, then the new football coach would be one of the first to be laid off. You won't see that happen.
Layoffs should occur if the numbers don't jive. But it shouldn't spare those the board is trying to find loopholes to keep.
Concerned for WM

Canonsburg, PA

#25 Apr 11, 2010
The district is supposedly in debt by about 7 million. Cutting 40 Teachers, which by the way will be the newest hires, will only save about 1.6 million because their salaries are the lowest. The 40 positions were created because they are NEEDED to help educate your children. I am sickened by the fact that most of you don't think that our teachers do a good job. The fact is that, but for a handful, most of them are EXCELLENT and care for our kids. It is more than some of you do at home. Taxes need to be raised - do the math! The programs that these teachers help to make possible are fantastic programs for our children. All this board will do by cutting programs and teachers is make West Mifflin a horrible school system, which in turn will cause people to move to find a better district for their children, which in turn will make West Mifflin property values decrease and you all will be suffering in the long run. Support the schools for the sake of your children and pay up. We haven't had our taxes raised significantly in quite a while - that is going to add up for us eventually. Let's face it - our kids deserve a good education and that IS what they are getting. At least until the board furloughs 40 teachers...
Cenny Dmar

Pittsburgh, PA

#26 Apr 11, 2010
Concerned for WM wrote:
The district is supposedly in debt by about 7 million. Cutting 40 Teachers, which by the way will be the newest hires, will only save about 1.6 million because their salaries are the lowest. The 40 positions were created because they are NEEDED to help educate your children. I am sickened by the fact that most of you don't think that our teachers do a good job. The fact is that, but for a handful, most of them are EXCELLENT and care for our kids. It is more than some of you do at home. Taxes need to be raised - do the math! The programs that these teachers help to make possible are fantastic programs for our children. All this board will do by cutting programs and teachers is make West Mifflin a horrible school system, which in turn will cause people to move to find a better district for their children, which in turn will make West Mifflin property values decrease and you all will be suffering in the long run. Support the schools for the sake of your children and pay up. We haven't had our taxes raised significantly in quite a while - that is going to add up for us eventually. Let's face it - our kids deserve a good education and that IS what they are getting. At least until the board furloughs 40 teachers...
$1.5 million is because Cmar couldn't figure out how to use a calculator. "Calculation Error" Give him another raise Mick and Phil!
movin on up

Homestead, PA

#27 Apr 11, 2010
Concerned for WM wrote:
The district is supposedly in debt by about 7 million. Cutting 40 Teachers, which by the way will be the newest hires, will only save about 1.6 million because their salaries are the lowest. The 40 positions were created because they are NEEDED to help educate your children. I am sickened by the fact that most of you don't think that our teachers do a good job. The fact is that, but for a handful, most of them are EXCELLENT and care for our kids. It is more than some of you do at home. Taxes need to be raised - do the math! The programs that these teachers help to make possible are fantastic programs for our children. All this board will do by cutting programs and teachers is make West Mifflin a horrible school system, which in turn will cause people to move to find a better district for their children, which in turn will make West Mifflin property values decrease and you all will be suffering in the long run. Support the schools for the sake of your children and pay up. We haven't had our taxes raised significantly in quite a while - that is going to add up for us eventually. Let's face it - our kids deserve a good education and that IS what they are getting. At least until the board furloughs 40 teachers...
West Mifflin is white trash anyway.how much lower can you go? Maybe all the blacks can move from Duq up to WM. I'd love to see that.
so right

Somerset, PA

#28 Apr 12, 2010
That was then wrote:
<quoted text>
You're hiding your head in the sand if you think taxes won't get raised anyhow. may not be this year, but income is dwindling and getting worse for the district, what with the mall and Kennywood and all....
These layoffs are being manipulated to ge the people they don't want out. Plain and simple. If that isn't the case and it's being done for the taxpayer, then the new football coach would be one of the first to be laid off. You won't see that happen.
Layoffs should occur if the numbers don't jive. But it shouldn't spare those the board is trying to find loopholes to keep.
I agree it should be done according to the way the contract is written.
so right

Somerset, PA

#29 Apr 12, 2010
Concerned for WM wrote:
The district is supposedly in debt by about 7 million. Cutting 40 Teachers, which by the way will be the newest hires, will only save about 1.6 million because their salaries are the lowest. The 40 positions were created because they are NEEDED to help educate your children. I am sickened by the fact that most of you don't think that our teachers do a good job. The fact is that, but for a handful, most of them are EXCELLENT and care for our kids. It is more than some of you do at home. Taxes need to be raised - do the math! The programs that these teachers help to make possible are fantastic programs for our children. All this board will do by cutting programs and teachers is make West Mifflin a horrible school system, which in turn will cause people to move to find a better district for their children, which in turn will make West Mifflin property values decrease and you all will be suffering in the long run. Support the schools for the sake of your children and pay up. We haven't had our taxes raised significantly in quite a while - that is going to add up for us eventually. Let's face it - our kids deserve a good education and that IS what they are getting. At least until the board furloughs 40 teachers...
I don't think we need all of the administrators. Why more than 1 maybe 2 at each school. Why the dean of this and the dean of that?
1 principal at elementary and middle schools and 2 at high school.
So what

Mckeesport, PA

#30 Apr 12, 2010
so right wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think we need all of the administrators. Why more than 1 maybe 2 at each school. Why the dean of this and the dean of that?
1 principal at elementary and middle schools and 2 at high school.
While I agree to an extent, it isn't anyone's (on this forum), including the board's, job to make that assumption. It is up to the educators who put the programs in place requiring those positions, or an un-biased consultant who knows educational models.
If the board just starts cutting for cost savings, it could be creating a monster bigger than this in the long run.
As mentioned, the one big thing most look at when moving to an area is the school system.
If you just start cutting programs and people for money, then the school system dwindles, then nobody will ever move here, and everyone's property values drop, and taxes continue to go up.
So, laying off the wrong people could be like putting a band-aid on a bullet wound. May hold back the bleeding a little, but sooner or later, it's gonna coem gushing out and die anyhow.
wheres the beef

Homestead, PA

#31 Apr 12, 2010
So what wrote:
<quoted text>
While I agree to an extent, it isn't anyone's (on this forum), including the board's, job to make that assumption. It is up to the educators who put the programs in place requiring those positions, or an un-biased consultant who knows educational models.
If the board just starts cutting for cost savings, it could be creating a monster bigger than this in the long run.
As mentioned, the one big thing most look at when moving to an area is the school system.
If you just start cutting programs and people for money, then the school system dwindles, then nobody will ever move here, and everyone's property values drop, and taxes continue to go up.
So, laying off the wrong people could be like putting a band-aid on a bullet wound. May hold back the bleeding a little, but sooner or later, it's gonna coem gushing out and die anyhow.
Cut the lazy part timers. Too many positions for our school district.
45 teachers and 15 administrators would do it ( Price and Shar are on board with this)
more to come
pleawse

Somerset, PA

#32 Apr 12, 2010
wheres the beef wrote:
<quoted text>Cut the lazy part timers. Too many positions for our school district.
45 teachers and 15 administrators would do it ( Price and Shar are on board with this)
more to come
I am soooo tired of MORE TO COME and we see nothing new. LETS SEE SOME IMPROVEMENTS.
stay tuned

Homestead, PA

#33 Apr 12, 2010
more to come
nedisscum

Irwin, PA

#34 Apr 13, 2010
Ned, do you still see your girlfriend in Pleasant Hills? I don't know the name of the street but know the exact house. Next time I ride by I will get the address and post it in here. Maybe Helen would like to make a surprise visit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Mifflin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Another Shooting 31 min Glad I Moved 44
Several Pittsburgh area school districts downgr... 1 hr Nie place to live 1
SHOOTINGS IN McKEESPORT and our FUTURE as a CITY (Jul '12) 1 hr Innocent Lad 86
getting old 800 hemlock 2 hr larry 27
Poll Should the tax payers pay for a 850K fire truck... 6 hr John Holmes 2
City Council 13 hr Candy Man 16
City Council Member against violence is violent... 13 hr McCall 4 Controller 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Mifflin Mortgages