Thank God for Ned Mervos
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Middle School Teacher

Bethel Park, PA

#1 Apr 9, 2010
Message to all West Mifflin Teachers!!!

Ned Mervos is the only one fighting to keep your jobs. If this new school board would only raise taxes by 4 mills then no teachers would get furloughed.

This new school board needs to accept that the residents of our school district want to have their taxes raised again so all of the Mervos and Risha political hires can keep their jobs.

Yes, that is what the people want. We don't want our district run with fiscal responsiblity....we want Ned to keep getting his friends jobs at our expense.

Come on Donis, Price, Cale, Fialkovich, Shar and Alexandroff. Make the tough decisions by not cutting expenses and just raise our taxes again. That's the right way to run a district.

I better be careful on here. Ned will call the police on me for being sarcastic. Wahhh!!!!!
Georgia Rule

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Apr 9, 2010
Middle School Teacher wrote:
Message to all West Mifflin Teachers!!!
Ned Mervos is the only one fighting to keep your jobs. If this new school board would only raise taxes by 4 mills then no teachers would get furloughed.
This new school board needs to accept that the residents of our school district want to have their taxes raised again so all of the Mervos and Risha political hires can keep their jobs.
Yes, that is what the people want. We don't want our district run with fiscal responsiblity....we want Ned to keep getting his friends jobs at our expense.
Come on Donis, Price, Cale, Fialkovich, Shar and Alexandroff. Make the tough decisions by not cutting expenses and just raise our taxes again. That's the right way to run a district.
I better be careful on here. Ned will call the police on me for being sarcastic. Wahhh!!!!!
If the board had enough BALLS...they would tell the members of the community and tax payers the truth...that they HAVE TO RAISE TAXES no matter what due to the Century III Mall Reassessment. The district is NOT in debt because of new hires...they are in debt because they had to pay backtaxes to Century III and no longer receive any school tax from them...The district also lost half of the percentage they received from Kennywood Ticket Sales. If we are so far in debt, why would our AWESOME NEW BOARD pay contractors hundreds of thousands just to walk off of the job...because they don't like them? SMART...If we are sooooooo far in debt because of "new hires", then why would your AWESOME NEW board hire their cronie for more money that a teacher EVER started at in the history of WM. You want to talk about investigations? Yeah...all of the investigations about the lawsuits from the other teachers that had to be hired at STEP ONE which is what the WM district was known for forever. You don't think that the board started a trend here? All of those teachers are going to get all of that back pay when they sue the new board for hiring a teacher at STEP 15 and them at STEP 1. And there is more than one.
pay your dues

Homestead, PA

#3 Apr 9, 2010
Georgia Rule wrote:
<quoted text>
If the board had enough BALLS...they would tell the members of the community and tax payers the truth...that they HAVE TO RAISE TAXES no matter what due to the Century III Mall Reassessment. The district is NOT in debt because of new hires...they are in debt because they had to pay backtaxes to Century III and no longer receive any school tax from them...The district also lost half of the percentage they received from Kennywood Ticket Sales. If we are so far in debt, why would our AWESOME NEW BOARD pay contractors hundreds of thousands just to walk off of the job...because they don't like them? SMART...If we are sooooooo far in debt because of "new hires", then why would your AWESOME NEW board hire their cronie for more money that a teacher EVER started at in the history of WM. You want to talk about investigations? Yeah...all of the investigations about the lawsuits from the other teachers that had to be hired at STEP ONE which is what the WM district was known for forever. You don't think that the board started a trend here? All of those teachers are going to get all of that back pay when they sue the new board for hiring a teacher at STEP 15 and them at STEP 1. And there is more than one.
What ever happened to "put away for a rainy day"? In other words spend all you want and dont care about businesses moving out and the state not giving you money, How many tax scammers owe school taxes? I know one!
I can name names.
Do your homework

West Mifflin, PA

#4 Apr 9, 2010
Georgia Rule wrote:
<quoted text>
If the board had enough BALLS...they would tell the members of the community and tax payers the truth...that they HAVE TO RAISE TAXES no matter what due to the Century III Mall Reassessment. The district is NOT in debt because of new hires...they are in debt because they had to pay backtaxes to Century III and no longer receive any school tax from them...The district also lost half of the percentage they received from Kennywood Ticket Sales. If we are so far in debt, why would our AWESOME NEW BOARD pay contractors hundreds of thousands just to walk off of the job...because they don't like them? SMART...If we are sooooooo far in debt because of "new hires", then why would your AWESOME NEW board hire their cronie for more money that a teacher EVER started at in the history of WM. You want to talk about investigations? Yeah...all of the investigations about the lawsuits from the other teachers that had to be hired at STEP ONE which is what the WM district was known for forever. You don't think that the board started a trend here? All of those teachers are going to get all of that back pay when they sue the new board for hiring a teacher at STEP 15 and them at STEP 1. And there is more than one.
Obviously you are not familiar with cases like Mifflinburg and Penns Manor. Before you start ridiculing the new board, read up on those lawsuits by googling them. You will find new information that they were advised by Rishas top CRONIE Cambest that they could not hire him at step 1. Please do your homework, you just failed your exam!
Concerned Taxpayer

Bethel Park, PA

#5 Apr 10, 2010
Ned was up the Admininstration Building yesterday around Noon to 1 PM. Wondering what Ned the Head wanted up there?
Fly on the Wall

West Mifflin, PA

#6 Apr 10, 2010
Concerned Taxpayer wrote:
Ned was up the Admininstration Building yesterday around Noon to 1 PM. Wondering what Ned the Head wanted up there?
He was filling out his Right to Know forms just like all board members have to when they request information from the Superintendent! wink wink
Concerned Taxpayer

Bethel Park, PA

#7 Apr 10, 2010
Georgia Rule wrote:
<quoted text>
If the board had enough BALLS...they would tell the members of the community and tax payers the truth...that they HAVE TO RAISE TAXES no matter what due to the Century III Mall Reassessment. The district is NOT in debt because of new hires...they are in debt because they had to pay backtaxes to Century III and no longer receive any school tax from them...The district also lost half of the percentage they received from Kennywood Ticket Sales. If we are so far in debt, why would our AWESOME NEW BOARD pay contractors hundreds of thousands just to walk off of the
job...because they don't like them? SMART...If we are sooooooo far in debt because of "new hires", then why would your AWESOME NEW board hire their cronie for more money that a teacher EVER started at in the history of WM. You want to talk about investigations? Yeah...all of the investigations about the lawsuits from the other teachers that had to be hired at STEP ONE which is what the WM district was known for forever. You don't think that the board started a trend here? All of those teachers are going to get all of that back pay when they sue the new board for hiring a teacher at STEP 15 and them at STEP 1. And there is more than one.
Under Risha & the Fab 5, there was over 40 teachers 12 Administrators hired. This plus Century 3 mall is the bulk of deficit. Just do the Math!!
Insight

AOL

#8 Apr 10, 2010
Concerned Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Under Risha & the Fab 5, there was over 40 teachers 12 Administrators hired. This plus Century 3 mall is the bulk of deficit. Just do the Math!!
Did the student population decline also?
tax payer

Homestead, PA

#9 Apr 10, 2010
Insight wrote:
<quoted text>
Did the student population decline also?
Cut 40+ teachers and 20 adminisrators,and we'll be good to go.
Price and Shar are juggling numbers as we speak.Have to cut the fat.
No more free rides from under educated teachers and administrators
more to come.
Not truth

Mckeesport, PA

#10 Apr 10, 2010
Georgia Rule wrote:
<quoted text>
If the board had enough BALLS...they would tell the members of the community and tax payers the truth...that they HAVE TO RAISE TAXES no matter what due to the Century III Mall Reassessment. The district is NOT in debt because of new hires...they are in debt because they had to pay backtaxes to Century III and no longer receive any school tax from them...The district also lost half of the percentage they received from Kennywood Ticket Sales. If we are so far in debt, why would our AWESOME NEW BOARD pay contractors hundreds of thousands just to walk off of the job...because they don't like them? SMART...If we are sooooooo far in debt because of "new hires", then why would your AWESOME NEW board hire their cronie for more money that a teacher EVER started at in the history of WM. You want to talk about investigations? Yeah...all of the investigations about the lawsuits from the other teachers that had to be hired at STEP ONE which is what the WM district was known for forever. You don't think that the board started a trend here? All of those teachers are going to get all of that back pay when they sue the new board for hiring a teacher at STEP 15 and them at STEP 1. And there is more than one.
I'm first to jump on the antics of the new board when they go two-faced and do the exact same szhit the old board did, however in this instance, they are correct. It is a federal mandate that if a teacher worked for a district and leaves, when they come back to that district they have to be hired at their seniority level. Teachers who haven't previously worked for the district can be hired at any step the district mandates (which for most districts is at or close to experience level; rarely do districts hire experienced teachers at step one). Nice loophole for them to stumble on. However, they do believe their legal counsel is smarter than he is, and he's missed a few things.
The football coach instance is not the only grounds the experienced teachers who were hired at step one are using for the case. More to come, as they say, on that... it gets juicy. A lot will also depend on if the new coach is kept on amidst the layoffs, if any previously experienced teachers before West Mifflin get layed off, and if an alternative position is offered to the football coach instead to keep him on board. That will be the icing on the cake of an already strong lawsuit.

I still want a list of all the not-needed positions "created" under Risha. You Sharts are blowing some big smoke there, because you can't:

1. List all the unneeded positions that were "created".
2. List the unqualified people in those positions.
3. List all the "family/cronies" of Risha in these positions.

Until you BigSharts do that, this board is just as guilty in crony hiring and creating unneeded positions as the last.

And regardless of how many people are laid off, I do agree with GeorgiaRule that the taxes will still need raised. May not be this year, but it will be next. It is inevitable. WM is on a downward cycle, and most of your home will be worth nothing in the upcoming years. Get out while you can.
Not truth

Mckeesport, PA

#11 Apr 10, 2010
tax payer wrote:
<quoted text>
Cut 40+ teachers and 20 adminisrators,and we'll be good to go.
Price and Shar are juggling numbers as we speak.Have to cut the fat.
No more free rides from under educated teachers and administrators
more to come.
Price and Shar juggling numbers? That should be more scary than most anything else. Shar couldn't teach students math; I doubt he can do it himself. How people with no background in running a district or using a modern educational model are the ones "juggling" numbers is beyond me. If independent non-biased arbitrators found all the "fat" to trim, I'm all for it. I mean, you hired a crack investigation team, why not hire a consultant who knows what they are doing?
The reason those two are "juggling" numbers is so they can find ways to keep their own people on board while getting rid of those they don't like.
With that in mind, still, I ask:

WHO ARE THE "UNDER EDUCATED" TEACHERS AND ADMINISTRATORS? YOU MAKE IT SOUND AS IF MOST, IF NOT ALL, ARE. SO, IF YOU'RE SO CONFIDENT, THEN POST THEIR NAMES. I MEAN, YOU'RE ANONYMOUS HERE, RIGHT? SO POST THEM ALL UP. UNTIL THEN, YOU HAVE NO IDEA.
Not truth

Mckeesport, PA

#12 Apr 10, 2010
Concerned Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Under Risha & the Fab 5, there was over 40 teachers 12 Administrators hired. This plus Century 3 mall is the bulk of deficit. Just do the Math!!
What number is real? On this forum, from the same posters, I've seen 50, then 55, now 52 positions hired under Risha. It is simple to look back over the threads and see it.
WHICH NUMBER IS IT? AND HOW ARE YOU FIGURING IT?
And of those, how many positions were non-existent before? How many were positions left open?
How many were not-needed, and why?
For instance, you may claim some were not needed, however by instituting a freshman academy, which in effect is a junior high, the need WAS there for positions.
So now, you get rid of these positions and the freshman academy and throw the 9th graders back in to the 10-12 mix, which has been shown to not be a good thing on a national level. From a maturity standpoint, 9th graders shouldn't be with upperclassmen. I know, I know... in your day it was 9-12. That was your day. Kids are different now, and if you are an indication of what a 9-12 learning atmosphere puts out, then I rest my case.
But yet you're all about education. Riiiiight.
Cenny Dmar

Chicago, IL

#13 Apr 10, 2010
How about Denny Cmars screw up. In his little write up to the board, he said one of the issues was related to a "calculation error" And how do Prive and Shar reward a 1.5 million mistake? With a raise to 100k
West Mifflin Citizen

Homestead, PA

#14 Apr 10, 2010
Not truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What number is real? On this forum, from the same posters, I've seen 50, then 55, now 52 positions hired under Risha. It is simple to look back over the threads and see it.
WHICH NUMBER IS IT? AND HOW ARE YOU FIGURING IT?
And of those, how many positions were non-existent before? How many were positions left open?
How many were not-needed, and why?
For instance, you may claim some were not needed, however by instituting a freshman academy, which in effect is a junior high, the need WAS there for positions.
So now, you get rid of these positions and the freshman academy and throw the 9th graders back in to the 10-12 mix, which has been shown to not be a good thing on a national level. From a maturity standpoint, 9th graders shouldn't be with upperclassmen. I know, I know... in your day it was 9-12. That was your day. Kids are different now, and if you are an indication of what a 9-12 learning atmosphere puts out, then I rest my case.
But yet you're all about education. Riiiiight.
You sound like Risha who made sure that his family was hired by the school district. Why couldn't they get jobs in different school districts. And what really happened in the Middle School that the principal quit in the middle of the school year? I heard it was because of something that one of Risha's relatives did. Why don't you tell us about that deal?
Shady Dealings

Bethel Park, PA

#15 Apr 10, 2010
Concerned Taxpayer wrote:
Ned was up the Admininstration Building yesterday around Noon to 1 PM. Wondering what Ned the Head wanted up there?
Ned never got out of his car. Janet Sardon ran out the side door, and handed Ned two packages of Info!! Then Ned was on his Cell phone for 15 minutes in theparking lot. Be Careful you two.

There are people watching the Administration Building 24/7.
Not truth

Mckeesport, PA

#16 Apr 10, 2010
West Mifflin Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like Risha who made sure that his family was hired by the school district. Why couldn't they get jobs in different school districts. And what really happened in the Middle School that the principal quit in the middle of the school year? I heard it was because of something that one of Risha's relatives did. Why don't you tell us about that deal?
You heard you heard. It's alway that you heard with the Shartbags. Well, I heard you are an idiot.

I ask you to list names; not keep saying that's what Risha did.
You act as if I even know him; I don't. I have no idea what you are talking about with the middle shool thing.
I wasn't happy with some of the things he did. You aren't talking to a true puppet here.
I see a slippery slope with this board that is much worse, because Risha at least cared about the students and the educators, regardless of his shortcomings.
So, list the Risha family/friends and see if it comes anywhere NEAR the 52 positions he "created".
You shartbags are using hearsay and the infamous "I heard" tactic to spread stuff that suits your purpose. But you have yet to back anything up with actual proof.
Post the names. Post the positions. Post who is family/friends.
Then we can post the same thing from the shartbag side.
Not truth

Mckeesport, PA

#17 Apr 10, 2010
Shady Dealings wrote:
<quoted text>
Ned never got out of his car. Janet Sardon ran out the side door, and handed Ned two packages of Info!! Then Ned was on his Cell phone for 15 minutes in theparking lot. Be Careful you two.
There are people watching the Administration Building 24/7.
OOOOOOOOhhhh... SO juicy. They HAD to be doing something wrong. Any proof? Thought so. Once again, hearsay and inuendos.
I heard you were walking out from a public men's room pulling your zipper up. That must mean you were in there doing nasty things with other guys.
Ask Ned

Mckees Rocks, PA

#18 Apr 10, 2010
Shady Dealings wrote:
<quoted text>
Ned never got out of his car. Janet Sardon ran out the side door, and handed Ned two packages of Info!! Then Ned was on his Cell phone for 15 minutes in theparking lot. Be Careful you two.
There are people watching the Administration Building 24/7.
well you know it isn't Alexandroff watching the building, he is too busy scaring little kids at Clara Barton.
really

Somerset, PA

#19 Apr 10, 2010
It is easy for the teachers to say raise taxes. Most of them are building new houses or moving outside of the borough. I guess they know better than us that they would not want their children taught by the greedy teachers in this district not to mention they are not that good. Way to go to the new board time to get spending under control. Lets not stop at the teachers. I am sure that we can find other ways to cut.
trim the budget

Homestead, PA

#20 Apr 10, 2010
really wrote:
It is easy for the teachers to say raise taxes. Most of them are building new houses or moving outside of the borough. I guess they know better than us that they would not want their children taught by the greedy teachers in this district not to mention they are not that good. Way to go to the new board time to get spending under control. Lets not stop at the teachers. I am sure that we can find other ways to cut.
You have to run the school district as one would run their household, stay within your budget.It's easy for the tax payers to bail everyone out,but if you're short on cash at home,you have to do without. I dont accept any more or less from the school district.It would be nice if all of us had a blank check that wouldnt bounce.If I cant afford things I want or need ,I do without. Simple reasoning.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Mifflin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Steve Kovacs The Drunk Role Model 9 hr Skool Dayz 8
I can't believe it!!!!! 13 hr Crumbs Pelosi 18
Does Alexandroff Speak 14 hr Crumbs Pelosi 17
Marshalls Century 3 Equity Scandal Sun Diddy Dog 5
Pig man Sun Diddy Dog 6
Scottie’s Regime Sun Crumbs Pelosi 16
Stevephson Sun Crumbs Pelosi 3

West Mifflin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Mifflin Mortgages