Dallas, TX

#1 Apr 23, 2013
The Hughes School District needs a state TAKE OVER or simply SHUT THE DOORS. If the administration staff and school board was not not who they are, the school might have a fighting chance. You have Larry Owens running/ruining the town. His wife, Sherly Owens and her two sidekicks, Earnestine Jackson and Robinson, are running/ruining the school. If the school had the money back ,"Peaches", eats in food (FREE) every day in the cafeteria, you would have more money. Not counting what is walking OUT THE DOOR with other employees. Sheryl Owens is a revengeful person. She thought it was okay when she sued the schooland got her money, but thinks NOONE ELSE SHOULD,(sue the school/get money). The students don't come to school OR when they dothey either LEAVE OR SLEEP IN CLASS. Sheryl wonders why parents don't / won't send their children to this school. If Hughes doesn't wake up, There will soon be no school or town.

Tucker, GA

#2 Apr 24, 2013
Several things in the town need to change including why we only have one emergency medical provider able to service the city. I thought ambulances services were on a rotation and according to who's turn it was that is who wpuld respond to the call. I'm thinking of expressing my concerns to our Mayor and letting him we are all aware of what is going on as far as ambulance service goes.

Dallas, TX

#3 Apr 24, 2013
That should be a concern for the town citizens. A main concern is who is RUINING the town and who is RUINING our school system. Everyone needs to get together and GET THE OWENS GONE

Dallas, TX

#4 Apr 25, 2013
Me Again

Byhalia, MS

#5 May 14, 2013
School Board meeting was a BLAST !! Ole Robinson doesn't like anyone talking to him or questioning him.Hateful ass. People got to see how this school board really behaves. "Riffing" 3 bus drivers who have been there longer than any of the others because they work at the school??? No, I don't think so. Sheryl Owens has an agenda and the board is her puppet to do it. She has already taken away 1/2 their money..Now, taking it away completely. Someone HAS to replace those 3 drivers....So, it isn't like they are SAVING MONEY, DUMB BITCH..People PLEASE continue to speak out against this woman and her cronies
Me Again

Byhalia, MS

#6 May 14, 2013
BTW....She has even proposed to the SCHOOL BOARD that they MAY start telling parents no if you want your child to leave this district. She does NOT have to release your child.... People ya'll better stand up now...

Byhalia, MS

#7 Jun 13, 2013
So, anyone realize who they have Re-hired at the school? Or HOW MANY faculty members have LEFT since this last year with OWENS?? Parents don't care, or are too afraid.

Chicago, IL

#8 Jun 14, 2013
Sad my hometown is so run down. Lots of good memories made there .

West Memphis, AR

#9 Jul 17, 2013
had a great time as a kid there (( 25 years ago )).now its trash.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Memphis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dog track 3 hr Guest 2
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 11 hr Red Cloud 42,733
Toilet fire down at the Backdoor club Sat Cod 1
Comcast and there problems Mar 16 Just saying 4
Peggy Clark Mar 16 Kind 2
News 5 charged with ballot fraud in Crittenden Co. (Oct '12) Mar 14 Voter 63
Blonde Officer Mar 14 guestwho 2

West Memphis Jobs

Personal Finance

West Memphis Mortgages