The body count of downed police offic...

The body count of downed police officers continues

There are 16 comments on the The Family Badge story from May 27, 2010, titled The body count of downed police officers continues. In it, The Family Badge reports that:

Two dead in Arkansas and two wounded; one dead in Phoenix, . The body count of downed police officers continues.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Family Badge.

just-a-girl

Marion, AR

#1 May 27, 2010
because of all the crazy people in our world
KublaKhan

Collierville, TN

#2 May 28, 2010
"So many bridges to name, so little time"

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#3 May 30, 2010
KublaKhan wrote:
"So many bridges to name, so little time"
Dead cops is god's way of saying you should'a named that bridge yesterday?
general

AOL

#4 May 30, 2010
The cops are such bad S.O.B.'S, maybe we should build a bridge out of them.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#5 May 30, 2010
It looks like this one has bridged his way into prison:

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-cop-arrested-f...

"Indianapolis police officer Jesse Russell had an uncanny knack for spotting intentionally set fires.
At a number of recent fires, Russell was usually among the first on the scene, or he discovered the fire and called it in.

Before long, investigators started suspecting that Russell was more than an observant beat cop. They now suspect he was the firebug in 10 arsons, nine of them in the past two months.

On Thursday, police arrested Russell, 31, on preliminary charges of arson and criminal mischief in a May 14 fire at Lakeview Terrace Apartments near 21st Street and Mitthoefer Road..."
general

AOL

#6 May 30, 2010
I bet he walks free. There's been a lot of times that it's been a member of the fire dept. that set the fire. I guess they get bored. I think this may be the first time that I've heard they caught a cop for it though. That carries a ten year charge in this state. I know a lot of cops, and they are some of the most crooked people that I know. Here in Arkansas, they do know about most of the dope going thru.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#7 May 30, 2010
general wrote:
I think this may be the first time that I've heard they caught a cop for it though.
I can't help what you think is the first time you heard of something, however I just barely knew the cop that is in prison about 30 minutes drive from my house. He was an arson investigator who was convicted for murdering his wife and setting the house on fire to hide the crime.

Here's a chick federal cop that was setting fires:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/29/capito...

Capitol Police officer admits setting fires

Karen Emory agreed to resign and pay restitution to avoid prosecution

Must get professional counseling, and avoid any other criminal activity

She has been with the Capitol Police since January 2003

From Paul Courson
CNN Washington Bureau

WASHINGTON (CNN)-- A policewoman suspected in a series of small fires in restrooms in buildings around Capitol Hill late last year has admitted guilt and agreed to resign and pay restitution to avoid prosecution.

Karen Emory, a U.S. Capitol Police officer, must resign by March 4, get a year of professional counseling and avoid any other criminal activity over the next 12 months.

She was accused of destroying government property and indicted after investigators and prosecutors suspected she was behind at least two fires in women's restrooms in the buildings.

None of the fires caused injury or substantial damage, and restitution is listed at $215 dollars, payable within 90 days.

As part of an agreement for deferred prosecution, Emory signed a statement saying she "willfully destroyed property of the United States, specifically, toilet roll dispensers and toilet tissue under the control of the architect of the Capitol," causing damages of less than $1,000.

She has been with U.S. Capitol Police department since January 2003.

The fires occurred on at least seven days between late September and early November and initially were a puzzle for Capitol police, since some were in locations not yet open to the public for the day.

In preparing their case, prosecutors used information from a police colleague and a civilian witness to charge Emory with an incident on November 2.

According to court documents, she had just left a restroom where burned toilet paper had been found. The only other visitor that morning told police she had earlier used the same stall, and there was no burned paper.

Video surveillance from hallway and other cameras was also part of the case, according to police officials and court documents. No footage has been released.

Police spokeswoman Sgt. Kimberly Schneider said it would be a security risk to disclose the capabilities of various cameras around the U.S. Capitol.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#8 May 30, 2010
http://mineralwellsindex.com/homepage/x168738...

February 16, 2010

MW police officer charged in arsons
Patrolman arrested, jailed on three arson counts stemming from Tuesday morning fires
By Christin Coyne

Mineral Wells Index

MINERAL WELLS — As firefighters battled three fires early Tuesday morning in the area of Wolters Industrial Park, a Mineral Wells police officer was taken into custody and later charged with three counts of arson.

Patrolman John Clifford Gore, who marked his third anniversary with the Mineral Wells Police Department on Monday, was taken into custody around 2 a.m. Tuesday after he was stopped by an on-duty police officer on Ellis White Road.

Gore was not on duty at the time, Mineral Wells Police Chief Mike McAllester said.

McAllester said Gore was stopped because his silver Ford pickup matched the description of a truck reported speeding in the area of Corrections Corporation of America’s prison minutes after the fires were reported.

The officer who stopped Gore observed a gas can in the bed of the pickup and noticed Gore smelled of gasoline and smoke so he was detained and transported to the police station for questioning, according to McAllester.

Around 4:30 a.m., Gore was arrested and charged with three counts of arson, including one charge of arson with injury because a volunteer firefighter reportedly sustained a minor injury while fighting the fire on Lee Road.

An empty former barracks building on Van Story Road belonging to New-Tronics Antenna Corp. was reported on fire around 1:30 a.m. about the same time as a fire at a building in the 400 block of Lee Road belonging to Evair Associates.

A fire at a fireworks stand at Ellis White Road and Farm-to-Market Road 1821 was called in minutes later.

Police officers who responded began looking for vehicles in the area “because of recent arson fires that had plagued that area,”

“We’re still investigating whether this page person may or may not have been involved with other arson fires,” McAllester said.

McAllester said the motive for the intentionally set fires is also under investigation.

The 26-year-old patrol officer has been with the Mineral Wells Police Department three years as of Monday...The Texas Rangers, arson investigators from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, the Parker County Fire Marshal’s Office and the Palo Pinto County Fire Marshal’s Office are assisting in the investigation, according to McAllester.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#10 May 30, 2010
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/03/east...

IRVINGTON -- Last May, East Orange Police Officer Kareem Spence allegedly set fire to his Cadillac DeVille in hopes of collecting on the insurance money, authorities said.

The plan failed — the car did not even completely burn — and today Spence was led out of the East Orange Police Department in handcuffs, charged with insurance fraud.

Spence, 34, allegedly torched his 2002 Cadillac on Rich Street in Irvington, according to the office of Acting Essex County Prosecutor Robert Laurino.

The Irvington Fire Department suspected it was intentionally set and notified investigators from the prosecutor’s office arson task force vehicle fire initiative, which handles claims of insurance fraud, Essex County Assistant Prosecutor Michael Morris said.

The fire was found to have started in the trunk of the Cadillac, where investigators discovered gasoline-soaked towels, the prosecutor’s office said.

Spence, a three-year police veteran who has been on sick leave since November, was called to the East Orange station on South Munn Avenue for what he thought was a departmental hearing, the prosecutor’s office said.

The South Plainfield resident was arrested around 10:30 a.m., charged with aggravated arson, attempted theft by deception and insurance fraud. If convicted on all charges, Spence faces up to 25 years in prison, the prosecutor’s office said. His bail was set at $25,000.

The investigation was conducted by the prosecutor’s office professional standards bureau corruption/bias and arson units, along with the East Orange Police Department’s internal affairs unit.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#11 May 30, 2010
Chick cop busted for arson with video on the linky:

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/45725602...

Saukville Police Officer Charged With Arson

By Katie DeLong

SAUKVILLE - An officer of the law is accused of endangering public safety. That officer is charged with arson of a building after a blaze in Ozaukee County six months ago. The officer is charged with setting fire to a house that sits only 50 feet from the police department. Officer Melissa Kronebusch is used to coming in court to testify against suspects. Tuesday, she was the suspect accused of setting a building on fire.“It tears at the fabric of what we're trying to do, which is serve the public with integrity and honesty,” Saukville Police Chief William Malloy said. The incident happened back in March. The building was a vacant house located next to the Saukville Police Department. Investigators say Officer Kronebush was caught on camera near the home before it caught fire. Later, she was the one who called it in to the fire department. The police chief says for the life of him he can't imagine why she would do it.“I wish I could answer that question. That's one question I go to bed at night thinking ‘why.’ I can't imagine why,” Chief Malloy said. Kronebusch faces two felony counts for arson. She's was put on paid leave in June, but charges were delayed because state investigators took over the case. People in Saukville say the allegations are troubling. They don't expect this type of behavior from cops.“They're supposed to uphold the law for you and put an example out there for people who do that,” Chris Scherer said. Bail was set at $5,000, and it came out in court Tuesday that Officer Kronebusch is actually engaged to a Saukville volunteer firefighter. The chief says in all his years, none of his officers have ever faced charges as serious as this.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#12 May 30, 2010
http://badcopnews.wordpress.com/2006/09/02/mu...

Muskegon Heights Michigan Police Officer Christian Lee Hanson Arrested, Charged With Arson, Suspended – Update

GRAND RAPIDS, MICHIGAN – According to an Alpine Township fire report, 20 ounce gasoline filled soda bottles, wrapped in duct tape, were used to set multiple fires at 4879 Grand River Dr. N.E. back on November 11th of last year.

The homeowner, 40-year-old, Christian Hanson, a part time police officer for Muskegon Heights Police Department, was arrested Friday, and faces arson charges for setting fire to his own home.

“There was intent for there to be a well involved fire when we arrived,” said Plainfield Township Fire Chief David Peterson.

Hanson has an extensive history with several fire and police departments throughout West Michigan, including a stint with the Grand Rapids Township Fire Department.

24 Hour News 8 also obtained state documents that say Hanson was fired from the Lake Odessa Police Department back in May 1998, but filed litigation against the city for unlawful termination, and won. Hanson was reinstated in April 2000 and awarded more than 20 thousand dollars in back pay.

“That litigation was before my arrival and it had been settled,” said current Lake Odessa Police Chief, Mark Bender. Bender did, however, comment on Hanson’s recent arson arrest.

“Police officers have the same rights as any individual, that is the presumption of innocence until proven guilty. However, police officers have to be held to a higher standard than the average citizen,” Bender said.

Hanson lived in an Alpine Township apartment at the time of his arrest. Investigators we spoke with would not speculate on his current financial situation, but say Hanson’s former home was insured and ruled a total loss.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#15 May 30, 2010
http://www.citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...

Alton firefighter charged with five counts of arson

By HARRISON HAAS

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

DARYL CARLSON/CITIZEN PHOTO Flanked by District Chief N.H. Fire Marshal John Southwell, left, and Assistant State Fire Marshal John Raymond, Alton Police Chief Ryan Heath leads a press conference discussing the ongoing arson investigation involving Alton firefighter Stark T. Liedke who has admitted to setting several fires in the Alton and New Durhan area since 2006.

A veteran call firefighter, charged with starting numerous fires over the past three years, may have set the fires because he was "bored," according to authorities who announced his arrest Monday.

Stark T. Liedtke, 43, of 254 Dudley Road, Alton, was charged with five felony counts of arson and two misdemeanor charges for actions that led to his arrest last Friday evening when he allegedly attempted to start another fire.

During questioning by authorities, Liedtke reportedly admitted to starting 11 fires since 2006, including several building fires in Alton and New Durham and several forest fires in Alton.

Authorities are still trying to determine the full extent of property damage from the fires allegedly set by Liedtke, a call firefighter on the Alton department for the past 22 years.

"It's substantial: We're talking about a lot of incidents and structures, not to mention the monetary value of the services that Alton and the local communities had provided with fire service," Alton Police Chief Ryan Heath said at a news conference on Monday. "There are a lot going into the resources they bring when responding to a scene and that all has to be taken into consideration."

Authorities said they also are investigating a possible link that Liedtke may have to the tire fires in 2007.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#16 May 30, 2010
http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/ar...

Complicated Web Of Deceit' Leads To Officer -- Sergeant Charged With Murder

By Ronald K. Fitten, Charles E. Brown, Lily Eng

Seattle Times Staff Reporter

A trail of deceit and deception - as confounding as the most unpredictable murder mystery - ultimately backfired against King County Police Officer Mathias J. Bachmeier, according to King County prosecutors.

As Bachmeier's claims of burglary and arson at his Renton home, and the people involved, changed and grew more improbable during the course of the police investigation, detectives became more suspicious, charging papers allege.

That suspicion led to his arrest Wednesday in connection with the arson and the disappearance of a man Bachmeier claimed set the fire.

Yesterday, the King County Prosecutor's Office filed aggravated first-degree murder charges against the 25-year police veteran, alleging Bachmeier orchestrated the disappearance and death of James Wren in a desperate attempt to conceal the role Bachmeier played in a July 9 arson committed at his home.

Prosecutors allege Bachmeier set his house on fire to collect insurance money. But when Bachmeier became the primary suspect, he sought a scapegoat for the crime.

He is alleged to have forced Wren to admit in writing that Wren was responsible for the arson, then killed him and dumped his body where it couldn't be found to make police think the person responsible for the arson had fled, charging papers allege.

While no body has been found, prosecutors claim a search of Bachmeier's patrol car revealed the presence of blood, including some that had soaked through the back-seat upholstery and penetrated the foam padding beneath it. A DNA examination of the blood taken from the car concluded that it likely came from Wren, according to charging papers.

"This crime is a complicated web of deceit," King County Prosecutor Norm Maleng said yesterday. "It is a case that began as an arson for profit and ended as an aggravated murder to conceal the identity of the arsonist."
Hates soveriegn extremist

United States

#17 Jun 1, 2010
Yea but when someone breaks in ur house who do u call, us. That's right run ur mouth today and beg for help tomorrow

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#18 Jun 2, 2010
Hates soveriegn extremist wrote:
Yea but when someone breaks in ur house who do u call, us. That's right run ur mouth today and beg for help tomorrow
I won't need help if someone breaks into my house, I have sawed off shotguns, I'll merely cut the burglar in half with double ought buck. It is the burglar that gets saved if I call police to help the burglar live.

And chances are, the burglar has a rap sheet as big as phone book and is out on the street burglarizing because the government let him/her run loose in the streets.

What you need to call police for, is AFTER;

your wife or kid is raped,

your car is broken into,

your house is burglarized,

you get assaulted,

etc, etc, etc,

and you have to call them after it happens because police are not responsible for your protection.
MY 2 CENTS

Benton, AR

#20 Jun 3, 2010
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>I won't need help if someone breaks into my house, I have sawed off shotguns, I'll merely cut the burglar in half with double ought buck. It is the burglar that gets saved if I call police to help the burglar live.
And chances are, the burglar has a rap sheet as big as phone book and is out on the street burglarizing because the government let him/her run loose in the streets.
What you need to call police for, is AFTER;
your wife or kid is raped,
your car is broken into,
your house is burglarized,
you get assaulted,
etc, etc, etc,
and you have to call them after it happens because police are not responsible for your protection.
Go away ass hole and leave us to do our grieving in the manner we choose. We really don't care what you think is right or wrong. We don't care about any of your opinions. to tell you the truth. Go spew your hate and bullshit somewhere else. We loved our fallen officers, and we love the ones that were injured, we love them all, because they do their best to keep us safe in our town. You are an outsider and are not and will never be welcome here, so go away and leave us alone. Live your life and let us live ours. Bye Bye

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Memphis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Richland OR Bragg 1 min just saying 11
s boals 24 min smdh 3
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 hr guest 30,947
the sharp family (Nov '13) 15 hr Glenn sharp 6
News Liquor, Limos, and Chicken Dinners Part of Brib... (Sep '12) Sat Stinker 81
Carrie-Howards Donuts Aug 27 put it in my donu... 2
katie moore! (Nov '11) Aug 27 In the know 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Memphis Mortgages