N.J. discussing smoking ban at beache...

N.J. discussing smoking ban at beaches and parks

There are 83 comments on the Courier-Post story from Feb 20, 2014, titled N.J. discussing smoking ban at beaches and parks. In it, Courier-Post reports that:

Denise Henhoeffer/COURIER-POST August 29, 2012. New Jersey lawmakers are considering a bill that would ban smoking at all public beaches and parks in the state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Courier-Post.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Morey Katz

Somers Point, NJ

#1 Feb 20, 2014
They should ban them AND enforce the ban. Cigarette butts all over the beach is disgusting. Any yes it means fining Shoobies! Tobacco Smoking Shoobie Scum!!
Anonymous

Denton, TX

#2 Feb 21, 2014
Smoking can lead to oral cancer and a number of other serious health issues (which is why I always offer oral cancer screenings: http://wrightsmiles.com/southlake-gentle-fami... ) I'm happy to see this movement to stop smoking!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#3 Feb 21, 2014
DrGregoryWright wrote:
Smoking can lead to oral cancer and a number of other serious health issues (which is why I always offer oral cancer screenings: http://wrightsmiles.com/southlake-gentle-fami... ) I'm happy to see this movement to stop smoking!
Maybe you could open up a satellite office in NJ and provide oral cancer screenings for the New Jersey folks, Dr. Spamalot.
Dont be such a DAN

Winnipeg, Canada

#4 Feb 22, 2014
Morey Katz wrote:
They should ban them AND enforce the ban. Cigarette butts all over the beach is disgusting. Any yes it means fining Shoobies! Tobacco Smoking Shoobie Scum!!
it is revolting, but just look at them. Why expect anything decent from these social outcasts?
Ragu

Milano, Italy

#5 Feb 22, 2014
The thing I like about Italy is that at some parks they throw dog crap at a smokers head if he drops a butt on the ground because it hurts the dogs. The police here don't care. It is best in the winter when the crap is still steaming. Of course, they wear plastic gloves or use baggies to pick it up just like in the states.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#8 Feb 22, 2014
Ragu wrote:
The thing I like about Italy is that at some parks they throw dog crap at a smokers head if he drops a butt on the ground because it hurts the dogs. The police here don't care. It is best in the winter when the crap is still steaming. Of course, they wear plastic gloves or use baggies to pick it up just like in the states.
If nothing else, it would make the smoker smell better.
Hail Italy

Winnipeg, Canada

#9 Feb 22, 2014
Ragu wrote:
Smokers call that wearing deodorant.
atnyconcrete

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Mar 26, 2014
Morey Katz wrote:
those people spend a lot of money in your town Morey scum
buzzard breath

Nassau, Bahamas

#11 Mar 26, 2014
atnyconcrete wrote:
<quoted text>
those people spend a lot of money in your town Morey scum
That's right. We will smoke whenever we want, wherever we want and if you don't like our brown stained fingers and teeth and our stench, well you can just not like it. It is not like we can chase you down the street or anything.
Mugs mahoney

Eatontown, NJ

#14 Mar 27, 2014
A bunch of free advertisement. Thanks. My healthcare is inovio pharmaceuticals. Ticker INO. I'm a smoker too.
ItsAFact

Smarr, GA

#16 Mar 27, 2014
DUH I smoke wrote:
<quoted text> Do they throw dogshit at you in the Bahamas? Do you use it as deodorant?
I only worry about dogshit when I have to take the butts out of it. Makes them hard to light.They taste funny, too. The only place that is worse getting butts from is the urinal. Then they are really hard to light. Smoking urinal butts is like smoking after someone who has no teeth. The filter just sprays droplets in your mouth as you suck,
ItsAFact

Smarr, GA

#17 Mar 27, 2014
DUH I smoke wrote:
<quoted text> That would be great in New Jersy too. But who throws the first turd?
I tried to throw one back, once, but when I tried to get a good grip on it, it just smooshed. By fingers were already brown from the smoke so I dont think anyone noticed.

Since: Mar 14

Denton, TX

#18 Mar 28, 2014
Less smoking, less gum disease ( http://www.eqdental.net/gum-treatment/ ) I would love to see people coming in without receding gums, stained teeth, and periodontitis.
Imbaaaaack

Austin, TX

#19 Mar 28, 2014
hi
Forsyth Ga

Boonsboro, MD

#20 Mar 29, 2014
Is for sythies
ItsAFact

Austin, TX

#21 Mar 29, 2014
Forsyth Ga wrote:
Is for sythies
Thath why I like to vithit here all the time. ;-)
Waiting for my hunk.

While I was down here in Georgia with my "friend" we passed a ram (male sheep) stuck in the fence. My "friend" looked at me and said "I wish that was a man and it was dark." I replied "I just wish it was dark!"

Anyways, got to go.

Toodles.
ItsAFact

Austin, TX

#22 Mar 29, 2014
You know what they got in Texas, ans I ain't no steer.
ItsAFact

Austin, TX

#23 Mar 29, 2014
I did not know a query was a question. The teacher would ask "Any queries now?" and I would always raise my hand. I never did have a question. The whole class kept on looking at me like I was stupid.
snorman jones

Pittsburgh, PA

#24 Mar 30, 2014
Josh

Atlantic City, NJ

#27 Apr 17, 2014
And when will the PC police end their crap? Every little stinking pleasure you may have in life, don't say nothing, grit your teeth and walk on egg shells. Witness Ocean City! Before you hit the beach, there is a billboard of NO, whatever, you can't do! Can't wait for people to snap out of their comas and say "I'm mad as hell and I'm not taking it anymore!"
Went to the OC music pier last summer and witnessed this little Nazi of a security guard, strutting his stuff. Woman next to us with her grand daughter, opened a box of taffy they got on the boardwalk and the guard there almost had a baby and barked at them they could not eat anything there. They both got up and left. Can't imagine the PR that town was given when she went home. I was putting a cough drop in my mouth, big boy stopped dead in his tracks and glared at me! Funny, cause he knew some drunken clown with a red solo cup who was yelling at the band and the guard put his arm around this drunk, nothing said! Want a cocktail with your dinner there? NO, forget it, DRY TOWN! Any reason why people are bailing out of that city? Might as well party in a concentration camp!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Long Branch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Watch: Bridgeton police fatal shooting seen in ... Jun 22 Sneaky Pete 9
Mold Removal, Mold Remediation, Mold Testing, M... (Dec '10) Jun 17 mockingjay 5
News License plate scanners for security or revenue?... May '15 lowbarka 2
Review: Apprenhensive Patients Dental - Andrew ... (Mar '09) May '15 C Wilson 48
News Two School Construction Referendums Fail, One P... (Dec '14) May '15 novoter 2
News DHS and NASA Technology Helps Save Four in Nepal May '15 Norway spiral 1
News Off-duty parole officer `accidentally' shoots 3... (Apr '07) Apr '15 joe mcgovern 5
More from around the web

West Long Branch People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

West Long Branch Mortgages