Jackson officials stymied on making deadly roadways safer

There are 2 comments on the Asbury Park Press story from Oct 14, 2012, titled Jackson officials stymied on making deadly roadways safer. In it, Asbury Park Press reports that:

A two-car crash that killed two teenaged sisters last week has reignited a debate about the safety of Jackson's roadways, as well as those driving on them.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asbury Park Press.

Jackson longtime resident

Jackson, NJ

#1 Oct 14, 2012
You can't stop bad drivers from crashing themselves. Bad drivers will eventually end up hurting themselves and others regardless of how safe the road can be engineered.

There is nothing wrong with that section of road where the girls died last week. The brand new provisional driver lost control on a wet road on a bend. Odds are that she was traveling too fast coming into the curve, lost traction and all control of the massive Benz was now following the laws of physics.

Still haven't heard whether or not the girls were using their seatbelts. My guess is that they were not.
Jackson driver

Jackson, NJ

#2 Oct 14, 2012
I agree with the long time Jackson resident, bad and inexperenced drivers will continue to have accedents even if the road is straight with a conservitive speed limit. All the teenagers that have been killed in Jackson have all been driving at a speed way faster than the conditions allowed.
I beleave the concept used in the prisions, "scared straight" for new drivers.
New drivers need to see first hand what car accedent injuries look like.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Long Branch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mold Removal, Mold Remediation, Mold Testing, M... (Dec '10) May 17 Judges Indabag 3
News Two School Construction Referendums Fail, One P... May 10 novoter 2
News DHS and NASA Technology Helps Save Four in Nepal May 5 Norway spiral 1
News Off-duty parole officer `accidentally' shoots 3... (Apr '07) Apr '15 joe mcgovern 5
hi Apr '15 Tommy11a 2
flood free zone Apr '15 Lawrence 1
Review: Apprenhensive Patients Dental - Andrew ... (Mar '09) Mar '15 Danie 47
More from around the web

West Long Branch People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]