Comments
1 - 20 of 133 Comments Last updated Aug 18, 2010
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
whats gonna happen

West Liberty, KY

#1 Jun 5, 2010
What do we got to expect from the football team this year.. I think we could possibly have a winning season this year.
time will tell

Versailles, KY

#2 Jun 5, 2010
Think we could if the O-line is spreaded out just dont see the double tight wing will work like last year though I'm rooting they win either way they go!!!!!!!!!!
Pass The Ball

Sandy Hook, KY

#3 Jun 6, 2010
Forget any winning season if they continue to run the ball only. Unless Turner develops a respectable passing game, expect to see only 3 maybe 4 wins at most every season. IMO, this is Turner's biggest weakness as a coach. No reason to have only a running game. Boring and unproductable. That type of strategy works with middle schoolers, but cannot work in high school. He nees to realize that fact and let somone show him what a 'real' offense looks like.
Anonymous

West Liberty, KY

#4 Jun 6, 2010
I saw 2 games last year. The sorgum bowl and the last game againt Carter county. I only catch a home game or 2 a season but looked like Morgan is running that wingt now. Defense played a h&ll of a game against Carter county.
Anonymous

West Liberty, KY

#5 Jun 6, 2010
Pass The Ball wrote:
Forget any winning season if they continue to run the ball only. Unless Turner develops a respectable passing game, expect to see only 3 maybe 4 wins at most every season. IMO, this is Turner's biggest weakness as a coach. No reason to have only a running game. Boring and unproductable. That type of strategy works with middle schoolers, but cannot work in high school. He nees to realize that fact and let somone show him what a 'real' offense looks like.
are you saying Morgan never passes? Everbody passes some.
Please

West Liberty, KY

#6 Jun 6, 2010
I'd bet money they lose all year, why you ask because the coach plays kids by who there parents are not by what they can do. I;ve watched it happen for years. I say to kids who have the talent and had to sit on the side line dont let this coach make you feel less of a person, I dont want to talk about the kids who played and couldnt do anything because there just kids too, but there parents should be ashamed of there self. People are looking at you thinking your stupid not wow your kid is a star.
look

West Liberty, KY

#7 Jun 6, 2010
Please wrote:
I'd bet money they lose all year, why you ask because the coach plays kids by who there parents are not by what they can do. I;ve watched it happen for years. I say to kids who have the talent and had to sit on the side line dont let this coach make you feel less of a person, I dont want to talk about the kids who played and couldnt do anything because there just kids too, but there parents should be ashamed of there self. People are looking at you thinking your stupid not wow your kid is a star.
listen i do have to say that 95% of the kids out there were freshmans last year i think that with some good strategizing they could make it happen alot of sophmores. Walker Crase, Joe Holbrook, Larrin Collins and more also some up comming freshmans may help. Kody Thornberry, and Austin Arnett......
Will be fine

West Liberty, KY

#8 Jun 6, 2010
look wrote:
<quoted text>
listen i do have to say that 95% of the kids out there were freshmans last year i think that with some good strategizing they could make it happen alot of sophmores. Walker Crase, Joe Holbrook, Larrin Collins and more also some up comming freshmans may help. Kody Thornberry, and Austin Arnett......
Joe is good if he keeps at it he will make a good college career out of it. Austin will help and so will kody, Walker i herd he was moving back, but i dont think he is gonna make it.
time will tell

Versailles, KY

#9 Jun 6, 2010
they are running the wing T and can make something good come from it just got too have a few pass plays, just to keep the defense on their toes. I think just a single flag pass or a 5 an out would make the wing work good enough for the team to win over 50% of the games they play, then they can take that into the following years and begin winning on confidence and pride.
I also got to watch half the games last year, couple of them was lost just by a few points, for the final minutes the defense knew the run was coming. If they had a few good pass plays they would won them games easily.
I think they learned from last year now looking forwards. In a couple months we will SEE!!!!!!
yes

West Liberty, KY

#10 Jun 7, 2010
time will tell wrote:
they are running the wing T and can make something good come from it just got too have a few pass plays, just to keep the defense on their toes. I think just a single flag pass or a 5 an out would make the wing work good enough for the team to win over 50% of the games they play, then they can take that into the following years and begin winning on confidence and pride.
I also got to watch half the games last year, couple of them was lost just by a few points, for the final minutes the defense knew the run was coming. If they had a few good pass plays they would won them games easily.
I think they learned from last year now looking forwards. In a couple months we will SEE!!!!!!
Yes you are very true, just turner needs to pass and i think they could win the first round of the playoffs they got very good and strong young talent i don't see how he does this poorly
Middle school

Sandy Hook, KY

#11 Jun 7, 2010
My son plays for the middle school & I have to agree it's all who you know or how much you have my son doesn't get the recognition he deserves I know that for a fact just because were poor I believe that he's a darn good player. It's not all about the big games but the boys that play big Good Luck Cougars but without passing it's over once again.
Pass The Ball

Sandy Hook, KY

#12 Jun 9, 2010
jimC42 wrote:
<quoted text>
are you saying Morgan never passes? Everbody passes some.
Turner may throw the ball once or twice a game at most. Safties play 5 yards off the line of scrimmage against Morgan. Boring offense to watch. Don't know if I'll watch a game this season.
Time will Tell

West Liberty, KY

#13 Jun 10, 2010
Well can't say the offense is boring they got plenty of yardage, scored pretty much every game, and the wing T is a productive style when pass is included. It's just the passing wasn't there and not used enough if passed a little more the run game out of the wing T would lead to big bigger better gains per play. This would then result into runing down the clock, keep the defensive on their heels for that sudden pass that could go 75 yards.
Lets just hang in there and see how this year goes before we stop watching and cheering on the kids. Over all its suppose to be a fun sport for kids and not politics. I should know played the for them years ago . GO COUGARS!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous

West Liberty, KY

#14 Jun 18, 2010
Pass The Ball wrote:
I see some of the football boys around and they don't look like football players should. They just don't look big or strong and from what I heard they wont lift no weights and that's obvious looking at them. I saw a couple of the football players and honestly there is no way they have been working out at all I mean they look small. What is the problem that they are not working out because there is no way the ones I saw was? All football teams have weight training I mean I know this but from the football boys I saw there is honestly no way possible they're doing any weight training. Is there something in the water here that we grow them small or is a a whole lot of laziness going on? any coments on this because football is a tough sport and if your small and frail you obviously are not doing weight training.
nads

Sandy Hook, KY

#15 Jun 18, 2010
Morgan should forget about football. No interest from the kids to get in shape or even do summer workouts. All they want to do is talk on cell phones and play video games. Coaching staff runs a boring offense and nobody wants to watch games where's there's no passing. Morgan's offense reminds me of the Bill Curry days at UK. Even though it does make a few bucks for the school, the school board should seriously consider eliminating football.
time will tell

West Liberty, KY

#16 Jun 18, 2010
I dont think they should get rid of it. It's just holding the kids accountable, if you wanna play you work for it, if not you go home, plain and simple. They are just afraid they wont have enough players, so they let them roam, well I would push the ones I have to the limit to get them in the best shape possible and use them to play and win games with. This way others kids may come and join who are actually wanting to play. I just think we have kids wanting to play, they just dont feel like they would get the chance to play "politics" and "money" what more to say.
Anonymous

West Liberty, KY

#17 Jun 19, 2010
Football is a tough game and players do weight training to keep from getting injuries. They do have weight training but I was told the kids wont show up. If you want to win you got to do weight training. You can't be weak and play football.
Time will tell

West Liberty, KY

#18 Jun 20, 2010
True, but it is a game for 12 willing players wanting tio take the field and give there all. We always here there to small not strong enough and when we get on the field we win or come close to winning now and days. We got to relize you take 12 determined boys with speed and some skills we can win, we just need to get the ones not wanting to participate during the weight lifting and the off season training and focus on the ones trying. Even if we didn't win the games the ones who showed and shedded the sweat and time would get to play. In time showing respect, honesty and doing just what is right will get other players out. Even the ones who didn't practice the following year if they see we are serious about the sport and coaches are cracking down on the ones not showing up they may begin to do and listen to the coaches and show up.

I just hope they have a good season and show size isn't everything when heart is included.
Time will tell

West Liberty, KY

#19 Jun 20, 2010
By the way the 12th guy is for giving breathers and special teams like the kicker LOL.

Better to have 45 but hard to get anymore incase it involves a playstation
Tiffany

Vincennes, IN

#20 Jun 21, 2010
My brother plays for MCMS and LOVE's to play he does weight lift and he's not small but not big he can hit just as hard as anyone else we just have to encourage and play with everything they got that's all my brother talks about is football He even can tell you so many plays to run sometimes I wonder if he'll coach in the big leagues one day He's very smart and plays with all his heart I get upset that he doesn't get the recognition he may deserve at times but he still comes out to play rain, hot/dry, snow he don't care he LOVES FOOTBALL GO COUGARS!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Liberty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 2 min Southern Horde 1,418
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Obama Zombies 151,228
moses 20 min Moses Gross 15
she wasn't too bad 1 hr share 2
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr Advertisment 26,226
cassie chaney 4 hr not a car shooter 8
County official pleads guilty in kickback scheme 6 hr monkey shine 1
Arrest made at Morgan Middle?! 11 hr family 2
'Ole Tim to plead guilty to mail fraud! 23 hr itbok 30
•••
•••
•••

West Liberty Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••