Sandy Hook, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2009

Judged:

Can you buy slim fast and protien shakes with food stamps, no smart mouths Im serious
dinners

Sandy Hook, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2009

Judged:

You can buy the diet dinner meals like smart ones and protien bars I buy them all the time at IGA with mine. Wal mart takes food stamp for Protein powder drink try then they are good.
carolyn

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2009

Judged:

dieter wrote:
Can you buy slim fast and protien shakes with food stamps, no smart mouths Im serious
sounds like someone is getting ready to have a gastric by-pass, good luck if you are, it will help you change your life,my aunt did it last year and she has lost so many pounds and feels great.
healthy

Sandy Hook, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2009

Judged:

Why not try eating healthy.. I assume that you have children since you get food stamps. Why not buy fresh fruits, vegetables, chicken, yogurt,2% or low fat milk. Steam and bake veggys and meats this will not only benefit you but your children as well.
healthy

Sandy Hook, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2009

Judged:

Diet dinners and protein drinks are expensive will take up alot of food stamp expense eating healthy will go father and not as expensive
Cory

Campton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

Judged:

I think by the looks of most of their buggies with all those damn pizzas and ice cream boxes, they should be able to buys slim fast. God knows they need that instead.
Wow

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Judged:

WTF?
Cory

Campton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

Judged:

Do you need it explained again?
justme

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

Judged:

I receive foodstamps and in the person who started this posts defense there are other reasons to need protein shakes and stuff like that My foodstamps covered the shakes I needed for the things my body needed during radiation and chemo whe I couldnt keep food down just saying there are other reason that these things might be needed but needing slim fast would just be a weight loss thing and before anyone gets started my cart at the grocery store is filled with foods to cook and trust me its a lot more expensive to eat healthy with the price of produce and such than it is to fill kids up on mac and cheese
Cory

Campton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

Judged:

I totally agree with you, but you know that is not the case for the majority. But the case in point is that anything consumable that is not cooked can be bought on food stamps. So the person who started this post is just jealous they can't get food stamps.
justme

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

Judged:

yeah but you can get sub and stuff like thal already made at stores on food stamps and at slones they package the left over deli lunches and put them out for sale and I was surprised one night when my son got some chicken tenders and I was prepared to pay for them and the stamps paid for them which I thought was strange, guess if its not hot they will pay for it foodstamps are supposed to be helpful and in my case they are but they are abused everyday never thought I would ne in the postition to need them and do feel bad that I do need them now, i worked for 20plus years when I got sick and I consider it a privilege to be able to have them to feed my child but like other people who have posted I see people everyt ime I am at the store with nothing but junk and even though I receive them I hate seeing that but they wold probably eat like that anyway guess I am just ranting a little here LOL
Jay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2010

Judged:

First of all I want to say that I can't believe how rude some people are! You just jump to conclusions and assume someone is a fat slob who refuses to work and is milking the system, then say stuff to make them feel like crap without answering the question! I clicked on here because I want to know the same answer. I'm on disability. I have chronic pancreatitis, celiac disease, and multiple food allergies. I can not eat enough nutrition in fresh, solid foods! I wanted to know if the food stamps I get would cover hemp protein powder. The food stamps I get are not enough to feed a normal, healthy diet to a person for a whole month! Luckily I can not eat a normal, healthy diet, so I get by, but many are going to bed hungry on the food stamp program! Get your facts before you judge someone, and don't assume that just because someone is on food stamps that they are fat and lazy!
Vanessa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2010

Judged:

I just wanted to say that the people on here that post offensive remarks to others need to grow up. Just b/c you're on food stamps doesn't mean you're lazy or anything...look at how the damn economy is and how high the unemployment rate is...and who the hell are you to judge? There are a lot of people out there that are unable to get work, and need some help from the state here and there...that's where I'm at right now. I'm a hard working American and try to leave aid to the people that really need it, but at this time in my life I am one of those people, and we should all be happy that we live in a place where it's available!
agree totally

Sandy Hook, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2010

Judged:

Vanessa wrote:
I just wanted to say that the people on here that post offensive remarks to others need to grow up. Just b/c you're on food stamps doesn't mean you're lazy or anything...look at how the damn economy is and how high the unemployment rate is...and who the hell are you to judge? There are a lot of people out there that are unable to get work, and need some help from the state here and there...that's where I'm at right now. I'm a hard working American and try to leave aid to the people that really need it, but at this time in my life I am one of those people, and we should all be happy that we live in a place where it's available!
Why dont you ake your own advise mouth
food stamp

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2010

Judged:

Thanks our government, because of the food stamp, i am able to bring food on table for myself and two kids, hopefully, i will be able to work soon once i recovered from my injury. i don't want to be a burden to this society . But thanks to all the taxpayers and our dear government .
Carrie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2010

Judged:

justme wrote:
yeah but you can get sub and stuff like thal already made at stores on food stamps and at slones they package the left over deli lunches and put them out for sale and I was surprised one night when my son got some chicken tenders and I was prepared to pay for them and the stamps paid for them which I thought was strange, guess if its not hot they will pay for it foodstamps are supposed to be helpful and in my case they are but they are abused everyday never thought I would ne in the postition to need them and do feel bad that I do need them now, i worked for 20plus years when I got sick and I consider it a privilege to be able to have them to feed my child but like other people who have posted I see people everyt ime I am at the store with nothing but junk and even though I receive them I hate seeing that but they wold probably eat like that anyway guess I am just ranting a little here LOL
Yes, you can buy it already made as long as its not heated. Nothing wrong with that. That's the rules the state made.
Catherine

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2010

Judged:

Seriously...you people are dicks. The person asked a simple question, either answer it respectfully or shut up.

People struggle with weight, even people who eat healthy. And people need food stamps. I've been out of work for a year, and not for a lack of trying. Food stamps do not equal lazy slobs that don't work. They are for people struggling to get by.

Be careful how you talk/treat people. Karma's a bitch, and one day you might need a little friendly advice, or help buying food...and that will shut you right up.
wow

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2010

Judged:

You people are dumbasses,talking about people like this. Get a life stupids.
Disgusted

Coeur D Alene, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

Judged:

I guess those who decided to post rude and disparaging remarks were curious as well or they would not have even seen this discussion much less post about it! In my opinion Öprotein shakes and supplements should be covered by food stamps. 1) A couple of scoops of protein powder can replace an entire meal. Thus saving taxpayers money by making food stamps stretch farther 2) taking vitamins on a consistent basis will keep those on food stamps healthier and again save taxpayers money by having less visits to the Dr's office because most people on food stamps are also on Medicaid. Its a win win situation
Nutrition Girl

Coeur D Alene, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

Judged:

I have no idea why people who insist on condemning this man are so interested in his weight and/or job situation. He simply asked for advice and thatís what we should be giving him rather than going out of our way to put him down. That may be a huge reason if he's overweight because he's been lacking good sound advice.

I can tell you from years of research that well over 50% of Americans are overweight because they actually arenít consuming enough calories. An even higher number are overweight because they arenít consuming enough fat! Hereís a concept for everyone to think about...Why is it that most of the "overweight" population of Americans are in poverty level? Answer) those in poverty cannot afford good quality meats and veggies so they are forced to eat rice and pasta (which turn to sugar and store as fat) unless you are an Olympic athlete there is no way to burn this off adequately. Another issues is that there is a huge number of Americans with celiac, gluten sensitivity and insulin resistance (all of which are contributed to grains) The FDA are morons!Whole grain is NOT good for you! If it were then there wouldn't be a rising number of people with diabetes and high cholesterol (aqain contributed to grains)

In reference to "dieters" question...I canít exactly answer whether or not you can buy protein powders with food stamps. I am still researching that but some advice would be to NOT buy Slim Fast as it is full of unneeded sugars which in the long run will make you overweight. I would suggest a good LOW CARB egg, whey or pea protein depending on your tolerance to those foods. Also check out this website. It explains a lot of what I just posted. Hope this helps you and anyone else!

marksdailyapple.com

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of311
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the West Liberty Forum right now

Search the West Liberty Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 17 min GOTP 144,715
shelley wright (Dec '08) 30 min now 5
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 35 min LMS 26,171
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 36 min LMS 16,112
what 37 min what 8
mexican resturant 1 hr opps 6
Couple plan to plead guilty in corruption case ... 1 hr opps 4
•••
•••
•••
West Liberty Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

West Liberty Jobs

•••