A year after a deadly crash, family s...

A year after a deadly crash, family still seeks justice

There are 14 comments on the WKYT story from Jun 25, 2010, titled A year after a deadly crash, family still seeks justice. In it, WKYT reports that:

A year ago, police say 61-year-old Ronald Zavitz was driving on Highway 519 just outside of West Liberty when a black dodge truck, driven by Brock Standifer, crossed the center line, slamming into Zavitz's car, killing him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKYT.

amy

West Liberty, KY

#1 Jun 27, 2010
Well, I have to wonder why Brittany W. has already been charged with murder only a month after her stupidity, and this Brick S. has yet to be after a year. I guess its not what you've done, but how much money you have. I heard about the baby thing a couple of years ago, just thought it was talk, guess it was true. I cant believe this family is gettin off with the death of 2 just because the family has money. Bet if it was a son or daughter of one of these corrupt officials the money wouldn't look so good and probably wouldn't make it go away.
stupidfux

United States

#2 Jun 27, 2010
this post was obviously linked by someone that is close to brittanys family. nothing had been done to brock s until all of this happened to brittany, so since shes in trouble she wants to drag everyone else down. it had nothing to do with money or his last name, brocks accident was just exactly that, and accident, and it was completely different circumstances. and brittany has been a junkie for years, and brock could probably count on one hand how many times he has ever did any type of illegal drug. he is a great person and his family is good people, and it is so sick to see how stupid people are and how jealous. west liberty is the worst town you could ever want to live in. no one gets along, everyone talks about everywhere, where is the sense of community. hopefully the jury will see things for how they truly were and that sweet little boy will be okay after his sentencing. i ask that we keep him and his family in our prayers.
Concerned

Center Point, IA

#4 Jun 29, 2010
It really isn't about the level of intoxication. This is about personal responsibility and accountability. Laws are made to be obeyed. Driving 85+ mph on a two lane country highway is personal negligence on Brock's part and at the least vehicular manslaughter. I don't buy the excuse that he fell a sleep..it was 11:30ish AM. Word on the street is that this is not Brock's first incident inflicting injuries with his automobile. How many more people does he have to kill or injure before something is done to stop him?? You have to ask yourself if an individual admits using illegal drugs are they really an upstanding citizen and are they to be believed? Mr Zavitz is the true victim...he was out doing his job trying to make a honest living when his life was snuffed out by someone driving at an excessive speed on the wrong side of the road. My conclusion is that Brock was either high as a kite or is a sociopath with little thought or regard for other human beings on the highway.
stupidfux

Chesterfield, MO

#5 Jun 30, 2010
Concerned wrote:
It really isn't about the level of intoxication. This is about personal responsibility and accountability. Laws are made to be obeyed. Driving 85+ mph on a two lane country highway is personal negligence on Brock's part and at the least vehicular manslaughter. I don't buy the excuse that he fell a sleep..it was 11:30ish AM. Word on the street is that this is not Brock's first incident inflicting injuries with his automobile. How many more people does he have to kill or injure before something is done to stop him?? You have to ask yourself if an individual admits using illegal drugs are they really an upstanding citizen and are they to be believed? Mr Zavitz is the true victim...he was out doing his job trying to make a honest living when his life was snuffed out by someone driving at an excessive speed on the wrong side of the road. My conclusion is that Brock was either high as a kite or is a sociopath with little thought or regard for other human beings on the highway.
has to be the dumbest things i have ever read on here
seriously

West Liberty, KY

#6 Jun 30, 2010
Concerned wrote:
I totally agree with you, that is the whole problem, everyone in his family is always making excuses for him and saying nothing is ever his fault, so really if the blame is anywhere it is the family he has because the way they raised him, to make him think he is the only one that matters. THANKS mom and dad and especially papaw. you sure raised a real winner there!!!!!
Agree

West Liberty, KY

#7 Jul 1, 2010
'Seriously' I totally agree with you. Couldn't have said it better.
LLC

Lehigh Acres, FL

#8 Jul 1, 2010
For what it is worth, the victim's family may want to look at the State Department listing of LLCs to see who the offenders parents are in business with.
While studying another matter, I recall seeing the offender last name in connection with someone of power-- a judge, if my memory serves me correctly. Of course I was just skimming for other facts when the name came across. But if someone is in business with a powerful person that could certainly affect the amount of push a case gets.
Hope you find justice for your family.
okay

West Liberty, KY

#9 Jul 4, 2010
okay, brock works everyday.. looks like to me the only people that get on here is people that draw checks and sits on their ass.. personal i think it was an accient, i mean for real what kind of person would do that on purpose? you all just need to stop talking about him and his family, from what i hear they are very nice people.
blah

Cleveland, GA

#10 Jul 8, 2010
stupidfux wrote:
this post was obviously linked by someone that is close to brittanys family. nothing had been done to brock s until all of this happened to brittany, so since shes in trouble she wants to drag everyone else down. it had nothing to do with money or his last name, brocks accident was just exactly that, and accident, and it was completely different circumstances. and brittany has been a junkie for years, and brock could probably count on one hand how many times he has ever did any type of illegal drug. he is a great person and his family is good people, and it is so sick to see how stupid people are and how jealous. west liberty is the worst town you could ever want to live in. no one gets along, everyone talks about everywhere, where is the sense of community. hopefully the jury will see things for how they truly were and that sweet little boy will be okay after his sentencing. i ask that we keep him and his family in our prayers.
brock is and effing douche bag!!! it is the politics and the money, everyone knows that. he crossed the center line and hit a guy. he is dead and that sweet little boy is responsible for it! imaging how that mans family feels. everyone acting like it's no big deal it was just an "accident." he deserves to be held responsible for what HE did.
Nojustice

United States

#11 Jul 9, 2010
Look back on the history of fatalities on Morgan county road ways and look to see how many people were held accountable for killing people.....and yes if you are speeding and you cross the center lane and hit someone, causing them injury or death you should be held accountable for it. Look else where and people r held accountable for it I know these people never wanted to harm or kill anyone but because of careless driving and not having any regard for others on the road lives have been lost and these crimes have been swiped away out of public sight. As if it was just an accident. We get tickets for speeding and crossing center lanes ( we can even lose our driving privileges ) but if someone kills other people while doing this it is just dropped. Shame on the ones making excises for these people God bless the families of the ones that have lost there life and the law turns a blind eye to it.
seriously

West Liberty, KY

#12 Jul 10, 2010
okay wrote:
okay, brock works everyday.. looks like to me the only people that get on here is people that draw checks and sits on their ass.. personal i think it was an accient, i mean for real what kind of person would do that on purpose? you all just need to stop talking about him and his family, from what i hear they are very nice people.
Well for your information, I do work and pay my taxes every week
and sometimes the things you hear aren't so. I know that him and his family think they are untouchable. I know one thing god knows everything and he will pay one day.

I hope the family never gives up on having him put away, take it out of morgan county.
so true

West Liberty, KY

#13 Jul 12, 2010
i can not believe that people cant sit back and make excuses for these people, i don't care what a "good person" these people are, I'm sure the ones that have lost their lives were good also. for the life of me, i cant understand why in the small towns people are aloud to get away with this, if the law would charge these people with "something" then maybe others will learn from example. The Standifer wreck killed one person and injured others, but for the grace of God he did not kill them = NO CHARGES. The Oakley wreck killed 2 people and could have killed 2 more = NO CHARGES. The list goes on and maybe not always ending in fatalities but they do have injuries.. Thank God the William wreck is different and the law may work for the family that has lost one, I hope for peace for all the ones that still awaits some kind of action from the law (BLIND JUSTICE IS NOT IN MORGAN CO)
baseball

West Liberty, KY

#14 Jul 15, 2010
what happened to brock at his hearing?
jbww

West Liberty, KY

#15 Jul 15, 2010
does anyone out there know roger rowark, is he a sex offender

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Liberty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Allen lewis 2 hr Agreetodisagree 6
News Inmate's TV privileges withheld (Jan '09) 3 hr Honest abe 99
2017 football cougars 3 hr Duh 71
Middle School Football 4 hr Consistency_needed 16
Donnie Vance 8 hr Donnie Vance 10
Christy barker Sat Unknown 3
Brandon Perkins Sat Lovley_me 4

West Liberty Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance