created by: Morgan County Election | Feb 14, 2014

West Liberty, KY

1,369 votes

If the Sheriff's election was in the next week who would you vote for?

Click on an option to vote

  • Randy Cline
  • Anthony Gullet
  • Kim Ratliff
  • John Paul Turner
  • Roger Benton
  • Micheal Gevedon
  • Freddy Swords
Comments
1 - 20 of 181 Comments Last updated Jun 5, 2014
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
wondering

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 14, 2014
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Roger Benton for Sheriff He has my vote.
Any Ideal

Denniston, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 14, 2014
 
Isn't there 2 more or have they backed out? Steve Pelfrey and Randell Whitt.

Now with that said: 4--I do not even know or have heard of, 2--I will not vote for so that leave 3 to vote for if these 2 are still running. I don't have a clue yet who I will vote for.
wondering

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 14, 2014
 
I don't know if Steve Pelfrey is still running or not, he may as well not hes not to well like in the county and I don't think most of his family will vote for him as for Randell Whitt I don't know if he is or not
youtellem

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 15, 2014
 

Judged:

5

3

3

Anthony Gullett = takes drug money, gets drunk and shoots up neighbor's car
Jon Paul Turner = gets busted in TN, gets into troubles, loses job with KY State Police
Kim Ratliff = also known to shoot cars, his brother shot up City Hall
Randy Cline = has made a living off turning in his friends and neighbors, never really worked a day in in life
Freddy Sowards = just check jailtracker, woman beater,
Michael Gevedon = stupid azz "kornbread" from Needleville,
Steve Pelfrey = trying to win off sister-in-law's good name, no one likes, enough said
Roger Benton = everyone knows his story, enough said
BOY, DO WE HAVE A GOOD CREW RUNNING FOR OUR HIGHEST LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER??? The whole bunch is a joke!!!!!
That said, I will still support Roger Benton since it's been 30 years, and he has paid his price. He will at least come out when you call him and is not a prick who sits on his fat azz drinking beer, and is not a prick. Enough said.
west liberty voter

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 15, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Roger will come out when you call him and he will answer his calls not like the bunch will have now it don't do you any good to call they will not answer the phone. I will be supporting Roger Benton.
No doubt

Wellington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 15, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Roger all the way
nobody

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 15, 2014
 
lmao kornbread must have everyone in his family just setting on topixs doing the voting thing to funny anyways I support Roger Benton he has my vote and familys too.
lmao

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 15, 2014
 
he better have his family on here to win this goofy azz poll because that's all the votes he will get . I think the gevedon boy did his run for sheriff to impress his little tiny bopper girl friends. he should know better it is a waste of his time and his familys vote..
street wise

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 15, 2014
 
yep that's true is family is just voting because if all were votes of people voting someone would have said something about him lol but nothing Roger Benton For Sheriff I support him.
Undecided

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 15, 2014
 

Judged:

1

sounds to me like ole kornbread has some haters, thats good, means he is doing what it takes to win an election. sounds like the benton supporters are a little nervous over the younger man.
larrymore

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 15, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

Undecided wrote:
sounds to me like ole kornbread has some haters, thats good, means he is doing what it takes to win an election. sounds like the benton supporters are a little nervous over the younger man.
Not even in your best wet dreams!!
street wise

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 16, 2014
 

Judged:

1

you got that right larrymore that gevedon boy is a joke he wont get 200 votes that will be all his family and friends if he gets that's I don't think they will let them vote as many times as they are doing on here. Roger Benton For Sheriff of morgan county
conspired to distribute

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 17, 2014
 
On March 12, 1986, an indictment was returned in district court. Count 1 charged Campbell and Benton with conspiring, with co-defendants Gene Allen, Titus Frederick and Steve Allen, during the period of January 1, 1985 through February 11, 1986, to obstruct, delay, and affect commerce by extortion in obtaining money and cocaine from an undercover FBI agent, McNeal, under color of official right. Count 1 recited that at the time of this conspiracy Campbell was Captain of the Kentucky State Police, and Benton was the Sheriff of Morgan County, Kentucky. Count 1 generally charged that Campbell received payoffs from undercover agent McNeal through Titus Frederick and Gene Allen. Allen was then Morgan County Judge. Frederick knew each co-defendant. In return for the payoffs, Campbell and Benton allegedly protected a cocaine distribution scheme facilitated by agent McNeal in Morgan County, Kentucky and in other states, and promised to inform McNeal of any state or federal investigations.

Counts 5, 8, and 15 charged Campbell and other co-defendants with various substantive counts of extortion under 18 U.S.C. 1951. Counts 6, 9, and 12 charged Benton with various substantive counts of extortion under color of official right.

Count 16 charged that, during the period January 1, 1985 through February 11, 1986, Campbell, Benton, Frederick, Allen and his son Steve Allen, attempted and conspired to distribute and possess with intent to distribute cocaine and marijuana
nobody

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 17, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

here we go with this bullshit again over 30 years ago I don't care what you put on there plaster it on here all you want its not gonna work for you all this time people is feed up with the dope dealers and the dopers and all the rest of the bullshit that's went on in this county. people are feed up with everything I think roger will do for morgan county what bob Jordon done for Magoffin county and there is a bunch of people that know this I have voted for him everytime he has run and I will this time Roger Benton For Morgan County Sheriff He will answer you calls and he will come out to you no matter what time it is.
cornhoer

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 17, 2014
 

Judged:

1

conspired to distribute wrote:
On March 12, 1986, an indictment was returned in district court. Count 1 charged Campbell and Benton with conspiring, with co-defendants Gene Allen, Titus Frederick and Steve Allen, during the period of January 1, 1985 through February 11, 1986, to obstruct, delay, and affect commerce by extortion in obtaining money and cocaine from an undercover FBI agent, McNeal, under color of official right. Count 1 recited that at the time of this conspiracy Campbell was Captain of the Kentucky State Police, and Benton was the Sheriff of Morgan County, Kentucky. Count 1 generally charged that Campbell received payoffs from undercover agent McNeal through Titus Frederick and Gene Allen. Allen was then Morgan County Judge. Frederick knew each co-defendant. In return for the payoffs, Campbell and Benton allegedly protected a cocaine distribution scheme facilitated by agent McNeal in Morgan County, Kentucky and in other states, and promised to inform McNeal of any state or federal investigations.
Counts 5, 8, and 15 charged Campbell and other co-defendants with various substantive counts of extortion under 18 U.S.C. 1951. Counts 6, 9, and 12 charged Benton with various substantive counts of extortion under color of official right.
Count 16 charged that, during the period January 1, 1985 through February 11, 1986, Campbell, Benton, Frederick, Allen and his son Steve Allen, attempted and conspired to distribute and possess with intent to distribute cocaine and marijuana
As Ronald Reagan used to say "There they go again." Randy's bunch, Kim's bunch or Anthony's bunch has already put this on Topix how many times??? Let's see the report that was not filed about Anthony shooting up a car, or Kim shooting up a car, or the reports about Edsel absconding with all the money!! Don't throw stone in glass houses.
So Right

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 17, 2014
 
nobody wrote:
here we go with this bullshit again over 30 years ago I don't care what you put on there plaster it on here all you want its not gonna work for you all this time people is feed up with the dope dealers and the dopers and all the rest of the bullshit that's went on in this county. people are feed up with everything I think roger will do for morgan county what bob Jordon done for Magoffin county and there is a bunch of people that know this I have voted for him everytime he has run and I will this time Roger Benton For Morgan County Sheriff He will answer you calls and he will come out to you no matter what time it is.
You are so right, morgan county is sick and tired of corrupt people whether 30 years ago or yesterday , you're about to see it
Little Debbie

Campton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 17, 2014
 
Truth is anyone can win this because to many running ...so everyone has same chance ...a 200 vote for one person with so many split votes a none voting at all could be a win , will be very interesting come may 20th just to see how the real votes play out, .. good luck everyone ~
John

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Feb 17, 2014
 

Judged:

2

1

1

youtellem wrote:
Anthony Gullett = takes drug money, gets drunk and shoots up neighbor's car
Jon Paul Turner = gets busted in TN, gets into troubles, loses job with KY State Police
Kim Ratliff = also known to shoot cars, his brother shot up City Hall
Randy Cline = has made a living off turning in his friends and neighbors, never really worked a day in in life
Freddy Sowards = just check jailtracker, woman beater,
Michael Gevedon = stupid azz "kornbread" from Needleville,
Steve Pelfrey = trying to win off sister-in-law's good name, no one likes, enough said
Roger Benton = everyone knows his story, enough said
BOY, DO WE HAVE A GOOD CREW RUNNING FOR OUR HIGHEST LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER??? The whole bunch is a joke!!!!!
That said, I will still support Roger Benton since it's been 30 years, and he has paid his price. He will at least come out when you call him and is not a prick who sits on his fat azz drinking beer, and is not a prick. Enough said.
I may be wrong but I know Kim pretty good and k.own him for a long time and never once heard
Of him shooting a car. I may be wrong but I don't think so. And if he did you can bet there was a damn good reason for it.
west liberty voter

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Feb 17, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

then john you don't know kim I think john you don't know shit I think your doing to much of what your trying to sell.
fortherecord

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Feb 17, 2014
 
John wrote:
<quoted text>
I may be wrong but I know Kim pretty good and k.own him for a long time and never once heard
Of him shooting a car. I may be wrong but I don't think so. And if he did you can bet there was a damn good reason for it.
ask him about it. and while youre at it ask him about his brother that shot up city hall. did you know about that?? runs in the family

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the West Liberty Forum right now

Search the West Liberty Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min The Apostle 147,279
Need a ride 12 hr JMB 1
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 13 hr Gfm 81,565
Couple pleads guilty to money laundering in cas... 17 hr Revenge 9
Joe Lewis CAUGHT STEALING COPPER ?? 17 hr Citizen 1
Ky. tree nursery rebuilt 2 years after destroye... 18 hr Sara 2
Vanovers Gone 19 hr Tere 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

West Liberty Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

West Liberty People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

West Liberty News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in West Liberty
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••