duh

Chesterfield, MO

#1 Apr 10, 2010
April 6, 2010

Police officer assaulted
President Obama allegedly threatened
By Rob Ginter - Staff Writer
CNHI

April 6, 2010 ó A West Liberty man is in jail after resisting arrest and assaulting a Morehead Police Department Officer and threatening the president Thursday.

David K. Sargent, 23, is charged with terroristic threatening third-degree, resisting arrest, assault third-degree of a police officer, public intoxication, and disorderly conduct first-degree.

According to police, Sargent was fired from Guardian Automotive for getting in a fight with another employee and causing trouble at the plant. Police then received a complaint about a man climbing the fence at the Rowan County School Bus Garage and falling off. Further into the investigation the MPD received the suspectís identity to be Sargent.

When police arrived at the garage they said Sargent was bleeding due to falling off the fence, seemed to be intoxicated on an unknown substance and made threats against U.S. President Barack Obama.

According to police, officer Philip Blackburn gave the suspect gloves to put on before being handcuffed due to the blood on his hands from the fence. While Sargent was putting the gloves on he smeared blood on the outside of the gloves and then proceeded to punch Blackburn in the chin, according to police.

Officers Blackburn, Erskin Davis, and Derek Howard then took control of the situation, taking Sargent to the ground to control him while he continued to resist arrest, police said.

Sargent was then taken to the Rowan County Detention Center.

The U.S. Secret Service was notified of the threats against Obama and is investigating.
LlamaCockMouth

West Liberty, KY

#2 Apr 10, 2010
Taking Control of the Situation = Beating the mortal shit of some drunk guy who can't climb a fence properly.

I just wish Perkins would of been punched in the mouth instead. That fat prick.
Cameron

West Liberty, KY

#3 Apr 10, 2010
LlamaCockMouth wrote:
Taking Control of the Situation = Beating the mortal shit of some drunk guy who can't climb a fence properly.
What did u want him to do? Stand there and take another punch?? Nowhere in that article does it say they beat him. Truth be told, though, he sounds like he deserved it!
Tamra

West Liberty, KY

#4 Apr 10, 2010
Listen, Kent is my brother, and this shouldnt have even been posted on topix but I know who did it, ppl from sandy hook who wont drop sh*t, NO he did not deserve sh*t, he was not drunk or on anything, My family has the original police report and the stuff being said isnt true, i thank everyone who is supporting him, he has a lawyer and before anyone throws stones they need to know the TRUE facts, believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see, Ie really wish this would stop here but I know some ppl find it amusing, but again thanks to evreyone who has supported kent throw this hard time!
roy

Winchester, KY

#5 Apr 13, 2010
LlamaCockMouth wrote:
you got it right! Do these cops really think that Mr. Sargent was in any position to seriously threaten Obama? A drunk will say anything, and the cops should know that.Get real!
hippie chick

Campton, KY

#6 Apr 13, 2010
LlamaCockMouth wrote:
He was only doing his job!! I really don't know Mr. Perkins, I lived in town & He has always been pretty much good guy. He would be one of the first I would ever call....He does not have to take anything from anybody, on or off the job! As far as something like YOU to call him a fat prick...real nice there cockmouth.....now as chelsea latley would say..."suck it" cockmouth
honest girl

West Liberty, KY

#7 Apr 30, 2010
does anyone know carmie watkins lewis if so i feel so sorry for u cause she is nothing but a 2 face back stabbing lying b----... U know she wants to get on here and talk shit bout me and all these other ppl when she dosent really know wht she is talkin about and im am so sick of the little short skanky a-- b---- gettin on here and doggin my name when she dosent know nothing bout me... But the truth bout her is she is the one that got out here and cheated on her husband and I know tht is a true fact she has did it more than once so she needs to talk bout her little skanky self and leave my name outta her little ugly mouth so carmie if u wana get on here and talk bout me y dont u just get the nerve and say it to my face and quit being a pussy guess u r just jealous of me cause im a very pretty girl and ur ugly so back off b---- and BEWARE U F---- low life piece of s--- b----.. and at least im not the one that says im not married just to draw a check when u guys all get out here and work and draw a check too isnt that agaisnt the law i think so so id b careful bout tring to cheat the gov...
truth

Chesterfield, MO

#8 May 18, 2010
What does Carmie lewis have to do with this???? The way i see it and really the way it is.. Is when you take the postion in law or medical we know that there may be times we are going to get hit... Now the question is if we do not want to take that chance we need to find a another job... I am sure this will not be the cop last time on beening done that way.....
scared

Chesterfield, MO

#9 Jun 2, 2010
well tamra what really happened i went to school with kent and i could hardly believe that he would do someting like that...he was always a sweet kid...loved him to death
truth

Chesterfield, MO

#10 Jun 4, 2010
U are right he is a sweet child and a lot of that stuff will be drop. He is ok and i feel good that things will ok...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Liberty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
medi cab 13 hr confused 7
Dollar store 14 hr DUHH 2
Little caesars 17 hr Forreal 2
Stacy search 20 hr U R a Jackass 3
stacy 20 hr A Stacy is a Stacy 8
discreet NSA women Tue gr84it 1
The workmans Tue In the loop 1

West Liberty Jobs

Personal Finance

West Liberty Mortgages