West Leyden Hotel
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
successful me

United States

#41 Jan 24, 2009
I am a local to West Leyden, and to the snowmobiler that posted the last post you are a low life piece of shit. I take offense to your comment on people who live in West leyden being inbred. I am definently not inbred. I have a master's degree in Science. I'm sorry if you are jealous of people that live in West Leyden that you have to make up such foolish lies. I bet if I saw your face you probably look like you are inbred.
Pete

United States

#42 Jan 25, 2009
successful me wrote:
I am a local to West Leyden, and to the snowmobiler that posted the last post you are a low life piece of shit. I take offense to your comment on people who live in West leyden being inbred. I am definently not inbred. I have a master's degree in Science. I'm sorry if you are jealous of people that live in West Leyden that you have to make up such foolish lies. I bet if I saw your face you probably look like you are inbred.
Thank You! I'm also from West Leyden and am far from an imbred! There are a lot of good people in this town. People ought to know what and who they're talking about before they open their mouths!
Mud Lake Roadster

Saint Johnsville, NY

#43 Jan 25, 2009
snowmobiler wrote:
Yes I agree his food was very good! I went to Moms and it was just ok! now the Milk Plant is a dump! now I guess it is ok if you are a low life inbred local, or a nasty drunk, to go into that place more than once!
Where does anyone from PORT Leyden get off calling citizens of WEST LEYDEN - inbred??? You've got to be kidding. FYI there are numerous people in WEST LEYDEN with excellent educations AND degrees proving they didn't just enter school/college but they finished it! As far as our restaurants/diners in West Leyden they are ALL hard working people with good families to support.
Maybe you are a 'visiting' snowmobiler from out of state and if so .... we'll take your business but not your opinions.
A L-O-N-G-T-I-M-E resident - not inbred!!
Pete

United States

#44 Feb 26, 2009
Looks like the hotel is reopening.Does anyone know by who?
Sitting On the Hill

United States

#45 Feb 26, 2009
At this time I don't really care. Life is getting too expensive to go out and eat let alone drink.
Pete

United States

#46 Feb 27, 2009
Sitting On the Hill wrote:
At this time I don't really care. Life is getting too expensive to go out and eat let alone drink.
That's the problem no one really cares about anything now.I was just wondering, it would be nice to see it reopen,since it is a landmark in West Leyden.I don't drink so I'm not worried about that.
Sitting On the Hill

Glenfield, NY

#47 Feb 27, 2009
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>That's the problem no one really cares about anything now.I was just wondering, it would be nice to see it reopen,since it is a landmark in West Leyden.I don't drink so I'm not worried about that.
I understand, Pete, but please understand that some of us have been around long enough to have seen this place go from one owner to the next and then yet another and another etc. It is a great landmark but needs to become more than a blood and guts barroom. Oh to see it restored to its glory days where they danced and sang and people could have a great night out. Saddly I think those days are gone.
Pete

United States

#48 Feb 28, 2009
You may be right. I hope maybe we can see a liitle of the glory days.That would be so great!
croghan man

Central Square, NY

#49 Mar 27, 2009
Just wondering if there is any word on the West Leyden Hotel. Is it still for sale and who is the realtor or has it been sold and to who.
Sitting On The Hill

Glenfield, NY

#50 Mar 30, 2009
croghan man wrote:
Just wondering if there is any word on the West Leyden Hotel. Is it still for sale and who is the realtor or has it been sold and to who.
Just call the West Leyden Hotel and ask them. Dave and Vickie still live there and the phone is connected.
Visitor

United States

#51 Jul 7, 2009
Isa this place still open or have they finally closed it down?
Lucas P

AOL

#52 Jul 16, 2009
I live in West Leyden. The West Leyden Hotel is pretty much just a bar now. Very good ribs though. But they have a sign on the side of the building that says under new ownership, and it has been there since 2005.
Woody

Wappingers Falls, NY

#54 Jun 10, 2012
Rumor has it some local guys picked up the hotel at auction and lookin to fix it up. Uncertain what they're doing but possibly keeping an apartment or two, some rooms for seasonal rentals. Not sure if it can handle bar or restaurant due to possible septic issue... Anything to save a landmark works for me.
strike

United States

#55 Jun 28, 2012
Woody wrote:
Rumor has it some local guys picked up the hotel at auction and lookin to fix it up. Uncertain what they're doing but possibly keeping an apartment or two, some rooms for seasonal rentals. Not sure if it can handle bar or restaurant due to possible septic issue... Anything to save a landmark works for me.
I heard that a group of out of towners bought the hotel...one dates a local..interested on seeing what they end up doing to the place..heard there a group of go getters..from what I've seen by driving by it looks better already by what I can see..keep up the good work...
what

Syracuse, NY

#56 Nov 10, 2013
Does look good. Are they going to open it back up?
jersey joe

Mexico, NY

#57 Nov 14, 2013
what wrote:
Does look good. Are they going to open it back up?
no,they cannot open it up back as a buisness because of codes.It is going to be a private snowmobile club but membership is open to most everyone.The owners have only to meet you and see you are serious about the sport.Should be open sometime after new years
Whit

Elizabethtown, KY

#58 Sep 3, 2014
jersey joe wrote:
<quoted text>no,they cannot open it up back as a buisness because of codes.It is going to be a private snowmobile club but membership is open to most everyone.The owners have only to meet you and see you are serious about the sport.Should be open sometime after new years
Is it going to be up and running this coming season?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Leyden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hannah arrested at great America! 4 hr sue 1
Adk Girls Softball 12 hr NoClue 8
News Lyons Falls man admits to having sexual contact... (Jun '14) 23 hr Tracy 34
vote no on acs budget Fri Randy 19
Town of lewis highway supervisor (Nov '13) May 14 Farmer Dale 7
Shane Witzigman May 12 Waste 1
Adirondack builders Feb '18 Crook 1

West Leyden Jobs

Personal Finance

West Leyden Mortgages