AYSO short season(5 games)

Posted in the West Leyden Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Retribution

Boonville, NY

#1 Sep 12, 2013
Why are we only scheduled to play 5 games this year. Seems kinda of ridiculous with 6 teams . Wouldn't it make more sense to play each team twice and have a 5 week schedule with no byes? Is it interfering with tournament time for the travel teams? Does anyone else have issue with his? Why bother playing at all .
MeeMee

Columbus, OH

#2 Sep 12, 2013
What tournament for travelling kids?BAseball?
Parental

Columbus, OH

#3 Sep 12, 2013
Maybe it should be half price then.
Negative nelly

Remsen, NY

#4 Sep 12, 2013
There are playoffs after the season dip$^|+. The kids are playing more than 5 games
Retribution

Boonville, NY

#5 Sep 12, 2013
Ok , there are playoffs, but if you lose in first round you still only played 6 games ! I just have never heard of a 5 game season!
Repeat

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Sep 13, 2013
Playoffs in AYSO? Again, just another example of the parental p*ssing contest this league has become.

Flash forward 20 years into the future...Two adults sitting at the Pub bar

"Hey Bob, remember the time we won the Championship for AYSO U10? We really kicked those other 4 teams butts. My Mom said coulda gone pro"

Next day, returns to his job at Subway.
Happy joy

Richmond, VA

#7 Sep 13, 2013
I guess a better way to prepare them for life is to teach them no one keeps score. No one wins or loses and no matter whether you try or not, no one is going to holler at you.
Credit

Boonville, NY

#8 Sep 15, 2013
When you don't participate you shouldn't complain. I know "my schedule is to busy", "I have 3 kids", "I don't know anything about soccer!" Heard it all. Step up and try or give some credit to the people who do try. Your kids wouldn't be playing if it wasn't for those who do volunteer!
If you don't help think before you speak.
moron

Johnsburg, NY

#9 Sep 16, 2013
Repeat this us why your kid sits the bench!almost all ayso teams are doing playoffs or tournaments nkw so get with the program!your one of those parents that ruin the program!!
Repeat

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Sep 18, 2013
Happy joy, you are so right. In fact, I can think of several star athletes from ACS who are in prison right now or have committed serious crimes (DUI's that resulted in other people getting hurt, drugs, etc). And why? Because they never got over having lived their glory years in high school.

That said, there are a lot of ACS athletes that did go on to do great things and are leading productive lives as coaches and business people. Those are the ones that realized their place on this planet because their parents taught them that they are not the end all, be all. And they never played in an AYSO tournament and are doing just fine.
digger

Johnsburg, NY

#12 Sep 18, 2013
Can the same coaches stop complaining Each year sorry your team sucks get over it!!!*
sporty

Gloversville, NY

#13 Oct 9, 2013
Guess whose rocking first place!!
Repeat

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Oct 9, 2013
sporty wrote:
Guess whose rocking first place!!
Jack Allen?
wli

Danielson, CT

#15 Oct 9, 2013
You can give her any kids ill still come out on top.
MNBG

Verona, NY

#16 Oct 9, 2013
Who cares !!!!
canwedoit

Gloversville, NY

#17 Oct 18, 2013
Yeah yeah yeah team orange!
we win again

New Hartford, NY

#18 Oct 19, 2013
teams are always loaded .playoffs are for coach egos.better when we didn't keep score , the kids knew who one back then too and who was the best ,no gloating, happy days they were....
xxx

Boonville, NY

#19 Oct 19, 2013
maybe the season would be longer if we had more kids sign up to play which would give us more teams and not have to play mixed teams with boys and girls instead of the parents taking them to another town to play.. I know of several that play for Holland Patent AYSO.. you should not be able to play in another town if your town offers it..
Board

Gloversville, NY

#20 Oct 21, 2013
Boonville Ayso was not going to be all girl all boy with more signups.The reason is we got a new Regional Commissioner this year and he is new to this and was not ready to make Ayso fall travelling.Also we had to many complaints from parents they would not sign their kids up if we did travelling.As far as the amount of signups compared to other years we actually had just as many and there were alot of new kids that joined the program.We have a spring program that travels and a fall home program thats how we will be keeping it for awhile to satisfy all parents.Thank you!
hiker

Gloversville, NY

#21 Oct 21, 2013
Atleast my child was on a team that passes the ball this year.They may have not won every game but they were a team.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Leyden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
boons bark rustix log shop 1 hr and honest busine... 7
boonville has a new mayor 8 hr boondog 3
Gladys .n 15 hr Dan 4
penny (ho) tucker (May '13) Fri respectablelike 46
Boonville elementary Fri DANNY BOY 1
Charlotte Witzigman Fri Big mouth 1
karma Fri Law Breaker 2
West Leyden Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web