Red

Rochester, NY

#1 Nov 7, 2012
John -

Someone close to me got very ill recently and it prompted a discussion between us about thankfulness importantly, making sure that we find and thank those who were important to us.

You immediately came to mind. You changed my life, made me a better person, and I don't know if I ever properly thanked you or that you knew what you meant to me then. I knew the moment I met you when I was 16 that we were meant to meet at some point in our lives. I actually felt it before I even saw your face that evening I have to believe that you remember that meeting as well as I do, even though it was over 20 years ago. Being given the chance to have your friendship again a couple of years later was an incredible gift, one that I didn't fully appreciate when I had it.

I've so wanted to send you a letter or stop by when I'm in the area and tell you these things, but I worry that it might upset those in your life that's not my intent. I'm not looking to be a part of your life or cause any problems, just to let you know that I think of you often & fondly & with a smile and that I'm thankful for the kindness, patience and generosity you showed me all of those years ago. So I'm putting it here and just hoping that you see this.

I wish you the very best, and hope that you & your loved ones are happy and healthy.

Red

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Leyden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adirondack Sports (Aug '13) 40 min question 494
boonville electric bills 4 hr get ready 21
are there any local orgies I can join (Jul '12) 6 hr jamiefireman 59
the moose 6 hr mooseett 5
Parents complaints about tests 9 hr dad 4
Be aware Feb 15 Be aware 1
Croghan man sent to rehab program over catalyti... Oct '14 Dude 1
West Leyden Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web