Resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2009

What's going on at the WL Post Office? Nobody shovels out front anymore, and I keep getting everyone else's mail in my box. And I think the girl working right before Christmas is nuts, she talks to herself all the time!!!!
Rain or Snow

Gloversville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2009

The postmaster has retired and the USPS hasn't appointed anyone to fill Kit's position. They keep using substitutes till the position is filled. They are not about to shovel the walk like Kit did.

Our mail has been very messed up too. The NEW delivery person has messed up VERY often on my road too. I've complained but they keep telling me we have to wait till she learns the names better. A few of the neighbors have had it also. But what can we do? ANy ideas?
Postal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2009

Rain or Snow wrote:
The postmaster has retired and the USPS hasn't appointed anyone to fill Kit's position. They keep using substitutes till the position is filled. They are not about to shovel the walk like Kit did.
Our mail has been very messed up too. The NEW delivery person has messed up VERY often on my road too. I've complained but they keep telling me we have to wait till she learns the names better. A few of the neighbors have had it also. But what can we do? ANy ideas?
Go the usps web site and file a complaint. The person in charge there has to respond to you. There's really no reason why the sub on the rural route can't do the job, she's been there for over a year!!!!

“Just me...”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2009

Judged:

Ah well ive had other people's mail in my mail box with the old p master as well,give her time she'l get the hang of it...plus side is she dosn't seem as nosey ;]
Rain or Snow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

cant get there from here wrote:
Ah well ive had other people's mail in my mail box with the old p master as well,give her time she'l get the hang of it...plus side is she dosn't seem as nosey ;]
You have a point ther Kit was VERY, Nosy and would open packages and just say "It's my right as the postmaster." I'm very dissapointed the powers that be haven't appointed someone new yet. And 'they' messed my mail up again on Saturday.
Kit

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

Judged:

Rain or Snow wrote:
<quoted text>You have a point ther Kit was VERY, Nosy and would open packages and just say "It's my right as the postmaster." I'm very dissapointed the powers that be haven't appointed someone new yet. And 'they' messed my mail up again on Saturday.
I never in my 30 year career opened anyone's packages or mail with out good cause! Twice I opened packages because they were mailed at the media mail rate and were obviously not media mail, we are required to inspect such packages and collect the proper postage for the contents. So you must be one of the two that were opened, that narrows it down to who you are! And if you think caring about your community is being nosy then screw you!!!!
chill

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

??
life time

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2010

we need a new post office the danm building is going to fall in , doyou realize how much it cost to heat that place... all we need is a post office the size of Ava:s and it good be a 24 hour one to like every other post office , DO IT NOW
chilli beans

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2010

I think they should buy Mom's Diner and convert it to the new post office. There would be good parking and you wouldn't be on top on Rte. 26 where you almost always have the oncoming cars and trucks almost hitting ya.
life time

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2010

kevin wants to danm much for the place..
Just build a nice little post office some where and they can tear down the old post office
chilli beans

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2010

life time wrote:
kevin wants to danm much for the place..
Just build a nice little post office some where and they can tear down the old post office
I do agree that they are asking way, way, way, too much for the place but it still would be the best choice. Besides if you tear down the po that they use now where will the renters who live there go?
well

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2010

you wouldnt have to tear it down, but the Post office defenitly needs to be relocated. Just a small place like the Ava one would do
life time

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2010

Lets just get a NEW post office (24hr.) one...
We need NOWWWWWWW...
confused

Gloversville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2010

its not just that post office, i got all of my neighbors mail today all eight things come on one or two things but eight. i called the p.o. and they just said again? Just ask your neighbors how many times it has happened to them. she said she would leave him a note about it. If they know that he is doing this then why not get someone else to do the job. This time of year is really important for the people who are waiting for their w2 .
chiilli beans

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2010

The post office is the cheapest business in this country, do you really think they will spend a dime on a new post office when they can't even operate out of the red? Hmmm then again the whole USPS is run so badly that maybe they will.
life time

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Judged:

new post office
Then we need someone that knows what they are doing in there to...
But the best thing ever that KIT is gone YES..
she looked every bodys mail and could not mind her
own beeswax.. at least she GONE
gas

Chazy, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2011

chilli beans wrote:
<quoted text> I do agree that they are asking way, way, way, too much for the place but it still would be the best choice. Besides if you tear down the po that they use now where will the renters who live there go?
They will have to move!!...The whole place is horrible anyway!!...It was infested with RATS and the Well was bad and they had the Health department there a couple times...AWFUL!!..The guy that owns it dont fix anything and the Murlings who run the building run every one out of there anyway & they dont fix anything neither...The only reason they stay living there is because the landlord Oren Cook lets them get away without paying rent...The Daughter Nichole DIVORCED her husband for another women and her kids get picked on something horrible in school and in town...Pat is Nosey and in everyone's bussiness she stands in the post office and talks about everyone in Town and she also enters the other apartments freely...She used to watch her grandkids but she was very Mean tot he grand daughter so her Daughter Nichole stopped it and Pat went to work...That building is a mess!!
Patron

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2014

The place is filthy!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

West Leyden Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

West Leyden People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••