IN Property Tax Cap Amendment, Public Question 1

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,976 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#22 Oct 11, 2010
Lets Go Riot wrote:
<quoted text>Nice to see you back It's been awhile.
Thanks :)

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#23 Oct 11, 2010
DapperBDan wrote:
If I read this question on the ballot correctly, it states that people who live in mobile homes would not have to pay property taxes. Everyone, including ones who live in mobile homes should vote no for this amendment. It's going to raise taxes for everyone if it passes. What is the benefit if not to raise taxes. Someone explain?
That's what I am wondering too. What's the benefit of having this in the constitution. There is already a statute in effect that states the same thing. Sure the law can be amended and/or repealed much easier then the constitution, but what is the benefit here. How come our representatives aren't explaining this to us? Where do they stand on this?
okay

Punxsutawney, PA

#24 Oct 11, 2010
I understand that we need some civil services. I know no matter what the local government says there is still waste. I would rather that the tax completely be ridded so that I can actually own my home! I know a friend that lost a job, had a serious illness, wife had a serious illness, and they fell behind on taxes and almost lost their third generation home. Come on! Most pay off a home in 30 years or less and your home can be lost because of taxes. I would rather own my piece of paradise.
Huh

United States

#25 Oct 11, 2010
Huh?
trump

Punxsutawney, PA

#27 Oct 11, 2010
okay wrote:
I understand that we need some civil services. I know no matter what the local government says there is still waste. I would rather that the tax completely be ridded so that I can actually own my home! I know a friend that lost a job, had a serious illness, wife had a serious illness, and they fell behind on taxes and almost lost their third generation home. Come on! Most pay off a home in 30 years or less and your home can be lost because of taxes. I would rather own my piece of paradise.
Very good point! Eliminate property taxes all together, go to a higher sales tax, then all the deadbeats and illegals can pay their fair share. If we can get everybody in the game then those that just "take" might not have their hand out so much and waste might not be as big of an issue. It's easy to spend other peoples money friviously.
MMI

Folcroft, PA

#28 Oct 12, 2010
Big mistake if this gets voted in.
ziggy

Indianapolis, IN

#29 Oct 12, 2010
I am voting no.

The state's way of limiting local funds to take control from the locals.
Tom

United States

#30 Oct 12, 2010
umizoomi wrote:
Will create 97,000 jobs? Can anybody explain that one?
Home owners will pay less in property taxes & have more to spend on other things.

Businesses will pay less in property taxes & have more money to hire more people.
Peter

Carmel, IN

#31 Oct 12, 2010
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Home owners will pay less in property taxes & have more to spend on other things.
Businesses will pay less in property taxes & have more money to hire more people.
Business has more cash on hand than they have had for decades.
This is just another way for them to squeeze more out of the middle and lower class
donnie

Oak Park, IL

#32 Oct 12, 2010
I'm so confused on this ...one minute I'm voting yes then the next minute no..Maybe I''ll check skip it.
Peter

Carmel, IN

#33 Oct 12, 2010
donnie wrote:
I'm so confused on this ...one minute I'm voting yes then the next minute no..Maybe I''ll check skip it.
It doesn't matter if you vote on it or not! It will pass 3-1 because so many uninformed people will vote for it
They will be sorry later.
stinko

Brookville, IN

#34 Oct 12, 2010
trump wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good point! Eliminate property taxes all together, go to a higher sales tax, then all the deadbeats and illegals can pay their fair share. If we can get everybody in the game then those that just "take" might not have their hand out so much and waste might not be as big of an issue. It's easy to spend other peoples money friviously.
I agree totally...
David

Carmel, IN

#35 Oct 12, 2010
trump wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good point! Eliminate property taxes all together, go to a higher sales tax, then all the deadbeats and illegals can pay their fair share. If we can get everybody in the game then those that just "take" might not have their hand out so much and waste might not be as big of an issue. It's easy to spend other peoples money friviously.
The trouble with this is that by the time big business gets their big tax breaks,you may save $200 a year on your house but will be paying $600 a year in new taxes!
Get Real

United States

#36 Oct 12, 2010
The 97,000 new jobs will be from people making new mobile homes. Everyone will be moving into them so they will not have to pay property taxes ever again.
Country Boy

Terre Haute, IN

#37 Oct 12, 2010
Im voting for it as I own property and see how it has gone up over the years...........
boo

Ozone Park, NY

#38 Oct 12, 2010
they can't, it's ghost jobs.

Since: Jul 10

Chicago, IL

#39 Oct 12, 2010
NO!! not voting for it. You all will be paying more taxes (lots more) thru other venues. Think about it.
Vern

United States

#40 Oct 12, 2010
I really hope that this does not pass but I know it will. FOR ALL THE CLUELESS PEOPLE THAT VOTE FOR THIS JUST REMEMBER IT WAS MITCH AND THE REPUBS. WHEN ALL OF YOUR OTHER TAXES START GOING UP!!!
okay

Chelsea, MI

#41 Oct 12, 2010
More of failed Government in my life spending my money is not the answer. Have we been paying attention? It does not matter if it was Clinton, Bush or Obama. Power, politics and money out my pocket and yours is not saving our economy or creating jobs. Founding Fathers are rolling over in their Graves! Good old blue dog Andrew Jackson would be taking some Dems and Repubs out for a good old duel. What broke Rome? Public Works. History repeats itself and no one wants to learn it lessons.
White trash

Aberdeen, OH

#42 Oct 12, 2010
The Founding Fathers started taxes what country you from.As a property owner I'm voting YES and we will be paying more taxes but everybody will be paying more not just property owners.It's time everybody paid there fare share.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Lafayette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Vincent M Guido - Dentist Thu pankaj 46
Robotic surgery improves hysterectomy (Jan '09) Oct 21 Jaimie 18
guys in lafayette NOT to date Oct 17 Sue 1
Cross Winds Apartments (Sep '13) Oct 17 jess 2
Indiana officer to keep job after pushing over ... Aug '14 Fight back on bad... 3
SCREWED BY SIA/CTI? Let's talk!! Aug '14 Hoorah 2
New ISP troopers hit the road Aug '14 Idealist101 1
West Lafayette Dating
Find my Match

West Lafayette Jobs

West Lafayette People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

West Lafayette News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in West Lafayette

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]