Car crashes into pole, closes Montauk Highway

Jun 29, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Newsday.com

An early-morning crash Tuesday closed Montauk Highway near East Bay Drive in West Islip, Suffolk County police said.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Denise Ess

Oceanside, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2010

Well the speed limit there is 40....i wonder how fast this jerk was going! by the looks of the car, im thinking about 90! thankfully he didnt hit any other cars although im not sure what the outcome was for the occupants of that vehicle! sad....driving is dangerous on long island! hmmmm, maybe he was texting or talking on his cell phone. this is absolutely driver error, no question about it!
bob

Lindenhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2010

Denise Ess wrote:
Well the speed limit there is 40....i wonder how fast this jerk was going! by the looks of the car, im thinking about 90! thankfully he didnt hit any other cars although im not sure what the outcome was for the occupants of that vehicle! sad....driving is dangerous on long island! hmmmm, maybe he was texting or talking on his cell phone. this is absolutely driver error, no question about it!
one woman dead and another injured. they hit a pole and the car flipped about 3 times
jim

West Babylon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2010

the girl driving had no license, she was drunk and also had a dui and wasnt eve driving her own car. she is facing 20 yrs in jail
Denise Ess

Oceanside, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

jim wrote:
the girl driving had no license, she was drunk and also had a dui and wasnt eve driving her own car. she is facing 20 yrs in jail
wow i didnt hear the whole story yet but i know the road was closed all day to put the pole back up. guess them crashing near the hospital didnt help the one person who perished in the accident.
Denise Ess

Oceanside, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

oh it gets better. now there is a mystery woman in a red dress with tattoos who left the scene before police arrived!
dawn

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

Denise Ess wrote:
oh it gets better. now there is a mystery woman in a red dress with tattoos who left the scene before police arrived!

listen denise you dont know anything only what you guys heard so please out of respect for my friend please dont talk about this accident or rumors you heard unless you know for a fact thank you
Tina T

Huntington Station, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

Really...if you don't know all the facts maybe you should not speak about it...This girl had a family and a mother and before you judge you should put ur self in their shoes..
Lance

Sag Harbor, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2010

Judged:

Honestly jim you don't even know wtf your talking about, you just "Heard" that you don't KNOW anything! It's nothing but the game telephone, Theres 500 diff storys going around, so get the facts 1st!
lindenhurst resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2010

does anyone now what going on with the memorial for jen,someone say tonite at johnson ! please if anyone know please inform me !
LIer

Lindenhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2010

Actually it's been confirmed that they are looking for a 3rd person ... in a black and red dress with short dark brown hair.

Dawn, unfortunately sometimes people are not as innocent as we like to think they are.
Crystal

Eastport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2011

Jen was my best friend. The driver was my cousin. With Jen - my friend of 23 years - since birth - gone and my cousin - who after this accident I will never be able to look into her eyes and not feel anger/pain again - I lost 2 people I love dearly that day over a very bad decision. Please don't drink and drive.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Freeze Warning for Suffolk County was issued at April 16 at 7:26PM EDT

•••
•••

West Islip News Video

•••
West Islip Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

West Islip Jobs

•••