Bullied boy's parents say West Islip ...

Bullied boy's parents say West Islip school responsible

There are 130 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 13, 2008, titled Bullied boy's parents say West Islip school responsible. In it, Newsday reports that:

Patrick Kohlmann was scared. For more than a year at Udall Road Middle School in West Islip , the soft-spoken 13-year-old had been taunted and shoved, chased through the halls and slammed into lockers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Over-taxed

AOL

#133 Aug 21, 2008
west islip hs student wrote:
I graduated from Udall two years ago,and i really dont see how its the schools fault-yeah that school sucks im not gunna lie-but really its the parents fault,because maybe they should of been the ones to call the school and let them know what was going on first so they could be able to help the faggot kid out,and if that were me and people were picking on me ID FIGHT BACK not sit there like an idiot an let people touch you like that.Its not the schools fault its the kids fault for not opening his damn mouth! i rest my case ( ; thank y0uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.
Get the facts...the parents went to the school..this kid fought back..If you research this and the topic in general, at times some kids do face much more powerful kids...like an adult fighting ALI..could you do that? should you have to? Why is it that the people that live in W.I. just do not ever want to admit there is ANY kind of problem in their town? Every town has problems, but this one just thinks it is above the rest and close their eyes, instead of trying to make things better for everyone. This kid has brought a problem to the surface that not only effects him, but people around the world. I would think the people of this town should be proud of such a product of their achools instead of trying to ridicule him for asking for change.

Oh and your FAGGOT comment shows just how you were brought up...yet another WHITE ISLIP kid repeating what his parents taught him. Good luck when and if you ever leave that town and enter the REAL world.
Big Bingo

Brooklyn, NY

#134 Aug 26, 2008
Every teacher who knew about what was happening and did nothing to stop it should be dragged out of that school and horse whipped.
Big Bingo

Brooklyn, NY

#135 Aug 26, 2008
Every teacher who knew what was going on and did nothing to stop it should be dragged out of that school and horse whipped.

“say what you mean...”

Since: Nov 07

and mean what you say.

#136 Aug 26, 2008
Big Bingo wrote:
Every teacher who knew about what was happening and did nothing to stop it should be dragged out of that school and horse whipped.
no need to repeat yourself, once was enough.
dope

AOL

#137 Aug 27, 2008
mommaroo wrote:
<quoted text> no need to repeat yourself, once was enough.
Maybe, just maybe they posted it twice by mistake. RELAX.
LI WAKE UP

AOL

#139 Aug 28, 2008
Now Ive Seen It All wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a BIG DIFFERENCE between a young girl being raped and a boy from the Drama Club taking a rock to the head. If he can't deal with this now, what will he do when confronted with ayzhowl bosses?
What a joke..so the way you see it, kids should LEARN to deal with physical violence because as adults they may have to deal with tough bosses? Hope you have not yet deposited any sperm in this world. So we should adjust our lives to murderers, rapist, people that smack us around now and then and whatever else they plan to do? Get a snip job and spare the world!!!!All this while paying THOUSANDS of dollars for taxes...Get a grip and snip that thing!!!
what a jerk

AOL

#140 Sep 2, 2008
Brave kid wrote:
<quoted text>
What a lame statement...There are laws in this state and they should be enforced. I just hope you have not reproduced yet. And if you have, I feel so sorry for your kids. A crime is a crime and that is that.
I agree with you..this kid is alot smarter and a hell of alot braver than many adult(parents) I have met. NOT MY KID>>AND GET OVER IT...Are just lame statements. Hope you all enjoy bailing out the bullies in the future. THEY SHOULD BE STOPPED!!
Holly

East Hampton, CT

#141 Dec 14, 2008
I was a friend of Pat at Udall road middle school and he was one of the nicest kids ever. My friends were making fun of him onces and I stuck up for him. He really is a great kid. He sat near me in all my classes and didn't talk much, but sometimes we would talk to each other. He was also a really good singer. On our field trip to broadway i sat behind him and we all talked and had fun. He was really fun to be with. I just don't understand the point of tormenting a kid my age that much. How would you feel if your were pushed around that much? I witnessed him being bullied once, and it was at the hand of one of my good friends. They were blocking a stairway while i was trying to get to class,so i pushed my friend out of the way and told him to stop and he did soon after. I waited of course while someone got a teacher. But, i'll always remember all of my other friends laughing at this incident, bystanders to such a terrible thing. I was disgusted with them....
amazed at parents

AOL

#142 Sep 6, 2009
Why is it that parents close their eyes to the kids that are mean and future criminals? They will blame the world when the time comes when the kid is in jail for an ADULT crime...hello it will be the same damn thing your brat has been doing all along. Wake up and talk to your children, they are NO BETTER than any other person they attend school with. The real world will show these little brats the truth! The parents are worse than the kids, and many of the WI PARENTS have their heads in their own butts!! GOOD LUCK...the truth will shine through all the BS..time will tell....
Ridiculous

Beacon, NY

#143 Mar 31, 2011
Honestly my opinion is to beat his face in...but unless u can handle him pounding back at u ur kinda screwed...I no they say fighting is not the answer but u need to stand up for urself b.c if it's not him it's going to be somebody else. Btw is there a father involved cuz if so he needs to get involved!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Islip Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The view from 'Mr. Subprime Lender' (Mar '07) 3 hr Mjgurl 18
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 13 hr Bruser 8,295
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 16 hr Bruser 2,638
News Horseshoe crab sting (Jul '07) Mon lkjlk 79
News 'Joey Checks' gets 5 years in prison - (Sep '07) Mon Soupy 12
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) Jun 24 joespizza 1,416
News Police raid Napper Tandy's pub in Miller Place (Jun '07) Jun 23 Facepunch Grandpa 130
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Islip Mortgages