Springfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

lisa wrote:
They had the best onions. Boy I wish I had that recipe. I went to school with Jeanie, whose parents owned Charlies..I am 1000 miles from Charlies but would do anything to have a hotdog with oions right now!!!!!!!!!!
charlies hot dogs are very easy to make at home here is the recipe nathans or sabbretts dogs put in top of water add some beef bullion about a table spoon or little less depending on how mutch water you add to pot if you add to mutch will be salty so add a little at a time to your taste then turn up heat till water balls quikly turn down to simmer let simmer 10 minutes there done onions are easy also dice up 1 onion saute in frying pan with butter or margrine just till tarnsparent add tomatoe paste about a teaspoon or so add small amout of crushed red pepper flakes or fround up is fine add a cup or two of water let the onions slow simmer for a few hours till the sauce thikins you can also add small amout of black pepper and salt to taste remember as the onions cook the sauce will get hotter from red pepper so add a little at a time or it can become to hot to eat have dont that because you dont taste it till simmers a while you can also add more water as onions cook after a few times you will master this recipe and make it close to sabbretts onions as ive found this is the only way i eat hotdogs with ny onions sourkrout and goldens musturd if you have a problem with the onion recipe just do a yahoo search engine for ny style push cart onions or sabbretts onions or try copy-cat recipes .com ENJOY:) and yes my name is charlie hahahaha but not that one
charles putzer

Springfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

lisa wrote:
They had the best onions. Boy I wish I had that recipe. I went to school with Jeanie, whose parents owned Charlies..I am 1000 miles from Charlies but would do anything to have a hotdog with oions right now!!!!!!!!!!
charlie passed on and his family ran the stand for a while charlies is not longer there but the memories i did watch the food network and saw charlies hot dogs on there they tole how they were cooked so good if you read my other post i gave you the recipes for his dogs and the onions hope u enjoy
charles putzer

Springfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Ian Scianablo wrote:
Come on guys! What happened to Ernie's!? He was right next to Hills! Early 70s? Whatever happened to principal Austin Harney? Didn't the Brentwood East Elementary changed back to elementary?
I can't believe it but the O'Sheas and the Norgods are still on Timberline Drive! Was there anybody else from Timberline Drive that's still out there? Derosas? McGlens? Hastrems?
i remember ernie he made some asome meatloaf heros and he gave me and my friend robert post credit we would eat them all the time he was the best eventualy he closed down
Eric

Central Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Screw Brentwood the only time I go to brentwood is mi tierrita or another colombian resturant by the pathmark in wicks road from their im tired of all the bullshit that is brentwood thank god I graduated from that place in 06 full of thugs and wanna be gangbangers. My life changed after moving and going to college dont wanna look back :D
kps

Canandaigua, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

LS Of WP wrote:
<quoted text>
Sort of.. Did it involve the Janitor?
Yes I know about the janitor or was it a watchman of some sort ? used to give us free ice cream and take us to hidden places within the school system. Me and 2 of my friends, we were around 13 and 14.
he had a school truck (pick-up) that he would drive around in. I kinda remember the name Tom ? if that rings any bells ? Started at the high school,told us we could go in the pool if we would skinny dip,and we had to shower first. Then would take our cloths and start grabbing and fondling (me)and I'm sure my friends. Other times were in the middle school (old high school) in a ticket office outside the audotorium and a cat walk above the stage. I've been pissed off about those years for a long time. Please respond back Thanks
tom deely33053

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Tommy deely clean sweeping.
kpswedenvillage

Canandaigua, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Ended up in wrong form. I'm talkining about Brockport NY and the Brockport central schools. back in the late 70's around 77,78
Still in Brentwood

Brentwood, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Laynep wrote:
My parents owned Tab cleaners on Haywood Street, just down from the 7/11. We lived there from '56 till '72. It was a great place to grow up. Great neighborhoods, a downtown that was the bomb. How many spalding balls did we steal from Grants or Katrinas Deli on Brentwood Road in Bay Shore. Havent been there in 12 years. Dodn't look too good the last time I was there either.
I remember Ralph & Philly!! So nice!!!
Rukadon

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Remember regis park? I am regis park, i is Brentwood! Norf side of course... Suffolk ave. Pathmark, woods, "placita" when it was popin... EPMD album... Smh, i might have to cop a 40oz crooked letter "I"...
Eric

Glendale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Was a nice place to grow as a kid , until all the foreigners took over

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

I have an honest question.

Was brentwood always a ghetto dump??

I have been out that way and i have seen a lot of ghetto looking "homies"

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

vinny deprizio wrote:
I lived there in the early 80's, but I guess I would be accused of being what was wrong with Brentwood....being a minority.
Biker Babe

Sanford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

I grew up in Brentwood from 1963 until 1981 and it was a wonderful place to live! I had so much fun growing up there. There was the Bowling Alley and the Skating Ring on Sunrise Hwy, the Drive In movie was just off Sunrise Hwy. The Islip Speedway, South Shore Mall, Farmer's Market off Brentwood Rd, Charlie's Deli, Cinderella Bakery on Brentwood Rd. and of course Charlie's Hot Dog Truck. A lot of nice memories there. Went back to visit about 1993 and the place was so bad that I was afraid to get out of my car to pump gas or even stay long enough to fill up the tank. There were iron bars on the Brentwood Theater. It was all so very heartbreaking to see. It was very sad. I am glad that I moved when I did. I would not feel safe living there or raising my children there nowadays.
Lisa

New Port Richey, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

charles putzer wrote:
<quoted text> charlie passed on and his family ran the stand for a while charlies is not longer there but the memories i did watch the food network and saw charlies hot dogs on there they tole how they were cooked so good if you read my other post i gave you the recipes for his dogs and the onions hope u enjoy
Thanks Charles. OK, I will try the beef bullion trick...I have just about perfected the recipe!! I did see that food network episode.
Heidi

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

vinny deprizio wrote:
NO!! It was a great town back in the 60's and 70's with very respectful, kind, and QUALITY people making up the population. I had a wonderful childhood there and lived there for 30 yrs. Now, is a TOTALLY different story. Herrick Reality can be blamed for the demise. He started selling to all the 'people' who now have taken it over and turned it into the nightmare is has become :(
Heidi

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Vee wrote:
<quoted text>My sister took riding lessons at Knoll Farm and every Sunday, used to go to Entemann's on fifth ave for cake. Loved the Farmer's market on Brentwood road. The Pennysaver!!!!!!!!!! How to get it all back? Take to the streets??????????
I remember EACH AND EVERY detail of what you mentioned. Brentwood was an amazing place back in it's day. Too bad you'd be taking you life in your hands today trying to tap back into those 'landmarks'...few of which, if any, still exist.:(
steve

Ridge, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Jessy wrote:
I remeber my mom giving me .25 so I could watch cartoons in a booth at brentcity!
Haha I remember that!!
steve

Ridge, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

Divantis bikes! Bonos pizza. Arlin drug!
Sandy

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Anyone remember Kenny woods, who became a boxer in the late 70 early 80?
Sandy

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Does anyone remember Kenny woods, who became a bidder in the 80s.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,161 - 1,180 of1,267
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

West Islip News Video

•••
•••

West Islip Jobs

•••
•••
•••

West Islip People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••