Susan

Milford, CT

#1 Mar 7, 2007
Does anyone remember a double murder in 1995 or 1996 on Matinecock Lane in East Islip? My nephew just purchased a house on that block and we'd like to know the details. Any information you have would be a great help.
former ei

Basking Ridge, NJ

#2 Jun 12, 2007
yes, a son killed an allegedly abusive father from what I understand. they lived on the corner property of the 2nd left as you come down from main street
EI born and raised

Morrow, GA

#3 May 15, 2008
Tommy Burns killed his father and his father's girlfriend. I grew up across the street and can verify that the father was very abusive.
lene

Upplands-väsby, Sweden

#4 Dec 26, 2008
How come there is no information on this case online??..
Does anyone have anymore information on this case?
And what happened to Tommy Burns?
Steve

Morrow, GA

#5 Jan 7, 2009
lene wrote:
I haven't found much information on this but I can tell you he is prison for the rest of his life. He probably would have gotten off with killing the father but the father's girlfriend was an innocent bystander
brian

Bronxville, NY

#6 Jan 27, 2009
you can look up sentenes at nydoc

http://nysdocslookup.docs.state.ny.us/GCA00P0...

that is him

he may get out but he does have life.
ajustice

Cape Coral, FL

#7 May 9, 2011
lene wrote:
He transferred to my high school, and he was a fairly quiet/polite kid. It didn't take my high school very long to see that he clearly was being abused at home. In EVERYBODY'S opinion we all felt for him and his bro. He was not a bad person and any one of us could have had the same outcome had we been beatup on a day to day basis. I'm not saying it was right but the word karma comes to mind. as for his fathers girlfriend she was no saint either
anjel5366

Carmel, NY

#8 Jun 9, 2011
ajustice wrote:
<quoted text>
He transferred to my high school, and he was a fairly quiet/polite kid. It didn't take my high school very long to see that he clearly was being abused at home. In EVERYBODY'S opinion we all felt for him and his bro. He was not a bad person and any one of us could have had the same outcome had we been beatup on a day to day basis. I'm not saying it was right but the word karma comes to mind. as for his fathers girlfriend she was no saint either
Hey ajustice if you get this can you contact me please? My email is anjel5366@gmail.com. I am Tommy's fiance and would love to get in touch with you.... It would mean a lot and does mean a lot to us that people remember the abuse he grew up with. Thank you for coming to his defense.
Debbie East Islip NY

Hanoverton, OH

#9 Jun 18, 2011
My name is Debbie and I am Tommy's mom. Tommy is currently serving his sentence in Eastern Correctional Facility in Napanoch NY. He is doing very well for the past 14 1/2 yrs. He has excelled in many college courses and has been a model prisoner since day one. If you are interested in writing a letter for Tommy please contact me here,I did not know that this site excisted until a very concerned & sweet coworked Christine informed me of this site. I now check in everyday. Thank you in advance for any help you can give......
lene

Johanneshov, Sweden

#10 Oct 13, 2011
Debbie, I am glad to hear that despite the circumstances that Tommy is doing fairly well. I would very much like to get in contact with you. Please write to me at helene3131@yahoo.com
Take care, Helene
Debbie East Islip NY wrote:
My name is Debbie and I am Tommy's mom. Tommy is currently serving his sentence in Eastern Correctional Facility in Napanoch NY. He is doing very well for the past 14 1/2 yrs. He has excelled in many college courses and has been a model prisoner since day one. If you are interested in writing a letter for Tommy please contact me here,I did not know that this site excisted until a very concerned & sweet coworked Christine informed me of this site. I now check in everyday. Thank you in advance for any help you can give......
marley

Islip, NY

#11 Aug 25, 2012
Debbie East Islip NY wrote:
Hello Debbie, I lived near you when you first moved in (I was a teenager) but moved out and got married but my folks lived there when it happened- hope your younger son (nick?) is well. I would like to reach out to Tommy.My email is befree2@hotmail.com. Take care
LeeLee

Brentwood, NY

#12 Apr 30, 2013
Why did he live with his father instead of his Mom if there was so much abuse? I lived in the neighbor and heard all about it...obviously that was the doing of a very abused child but I do t understand why if people knew about it all why nothing was done...aren't u then just as responsible?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Islip Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 3 hr Bruser 2,316
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Thu Bruser 7,915
Keahon is showman in the courtroom - (Sep '07) Wed KLOOP 29
Village of Lindenhurst is Corrupt (Dec '09) Wed concerned neighbor 45
Poll: Do You Support a St. James CVS? Oct 21 dianenarr 1
HUGE Story and this Board is quiet - why? (Apr '11) Oct 20 Jane 4
Cops raid W. Islip bar, arrest owners, bartenders (Jan '08) Oct 20 tim21 239

West Islip News Video

West Islip Dating
Find my Match