Nurse accused of stealing and using drugs on the job

Full story: Newsday 50
A registered nurse stole morphine and other narcotics from Patchogue and West Islip medical facilities and used the drugs while on duty, state officials said. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Suffolk chick

Englewood, CO

#4 Jun 18, 2007
If she was let go from Brookhaven, why was she hired at Good Samaritan?
Don't these people do employment verifications?

“Once Saved...Always Saved!!!”

Since: Jan 07

Bastrop Louisiana

#6 Jun 18, 2007
Suffolk chick wrote:
If she was let go from Brookhaven, why was she hired at Good Samaritan?
Don't these people do employment verifications?
To prevent being sued, prior employers are prevented from saying anything other than "yes they were employed, yes or no they are not rehirable". Ain't some privacy great.
tegster

Oakdale, NY

#7 Jun 18, 2007
Becoming a nurse or a doctor is very appealing to people who love drugs and abuse drugs. It's very scary. However, thank God there are excellent and beautiful souls who really care in this field and these are the salt of the earth. But who in their right mind wants a nurse or a doctor with jaded morals - a useless liar, common, petty thief, immoral person taking care of them or someone you love? If nursing is not your calling, stay out of it!
Curley

Hauppauge, NY

#8 Jun 18, 2007
I thought that was one of the perks of being a nurse. All the free drugs you can get your hands on.
As far as using them while working - you try and deal with these miserable sick people while straight. I know I couldn't.
Give the broad a break, she probably never killed any of her patients.
Misc

United States

#9 Jun 18, 2007
They should make nurse and doctors do random drug testing just like commercial drivers must do

“Where to buddy?”

Since: Jun 07

Middle Island, NY

#11 Jun 18, 2007
Andrew-Louisiana wrote:
<quoted text>
To prevent being sued, prior employers are prevented from saying anything other than "yes they were employed, yes or no they are not rehirable". Ain't some privacy great.
Another industry that passes its trash.

What do they care, the patients in their facility are no longer jeopardized by this addict. So they pass the trash like the educational system.
David

Middle Island, NY

#12 Jun 18, 2007
Someone (NYSDOH) has do a better job watching these Nurses. I'm told that this goes on more than we realize.
Judge Roy Bean

United States

#13 Jun 18, 2007
tegster wrote:
Becoming a nurse or a doctor is very appealing to people who love drugs and abuse drugs. It's very scary. However, thank God there are excellent and beautiful souls who really care in this field and these are the salt of the earth. But who in their right mind wants a nurse or a doctor with jaded morals - a useless liar, common, petty thief, immoral person taking care of them or someone you love? If nursing is not your calling, stay out of it!
The first part of your post is probably true for some... yes it would be appealing, however, actually attaining those goals is an entirely different animal...

I also agree with the last sentence, I believe it truly is a calling for this type of work... the really good ones anyhow.
Judge Roy Bean

United States

#14 Jun 18, 2007
Misc wrote:
They should make nurse and doctors do random drug testing just like commercial drivers must do
In many institutions and a variety of other settings Dr.'s and Nurses are randomly tested through their employer...
Nation wide that is a whole other topic though... It really isn't necessary for all nurses because depending on the environment they work in. They aren't all exposed to the availability that for instance, say a hospital nurse may be.
doctors, well obviously they have the whole buffet available to them...
Judge Roy Bean

United States

#15 Jun 18, 2007
Andrew-Louisiana wrote:
<quoted text>
you are correct, unfortunately we have become such a PC world that you can't even tell a prospective employer that the person they are calling about is a piece of crap....(not in those words, you get my drift though)..
Of course this is a direct result of people in the past with less than ethical motives jamming former employee's (blackballing if you will). So, we pay for others ignorance... ssdd !!

“Where to buddy?”

Since: Jun 07

Middle Island, NY

#17 Jun 18, 2007
SAD STORY wrote:
JUST THINK HOW THIS NURSE AND OTHERS ARE KEEPING THE JUDGES AND ALL COURT PEOPLE WORKING. SHE AND THE OTHERS WERE JUST KEEPING THE UNEMPLOYMENT FIGURES LOW, THEY MEANT NO HARM. THERE ARE ALWAYS TWO SIDES TO A STORY, IF IN DOUBT CALL NEWSDAY OR THE ACLU. THE NEW YORK TIMES WILL ALSO HELP..
Yeah, I have a response..........WHAT?!?!?!
ShortBusBob

Lindenhurst, NY

#18 Jun 18, 2007
Dilaudid is pretty awesome. I was on it for a few days and let me tell you. When the Nurse injected me and said I was going on a vacation, She wasn't kidding. No pain. No cares. You don't even mind being sick. They only kept me on it for 3 days though, and switched me to Oxy. That wasn't as good. She was crazy to fool around with that stuff knowing how addicting it is. Oh well, I hope she enjoyed her vacation. Because the next one isn't going to be as nice.
Doctor

Centereach, NY

#19 Jun 18, 2007
Misc wrote:
Doctor's working for a facility already do!
bill

Plainview, NY

#21 Jun 18, 2007
can you say "would you like fries with that?"

“Once Saved...Always Saved!!!”

Since: Jan 07

Bastrop Louisiana

#23 Jun 19, 2007
Judge Roy Bean wrote:
<quoted text>
you are correct, unfortunately we have become such a PC world that you can't even tell a prospective employer that the person they are calling about is a piece of crap....(not in those words, you get my drift though)..
Of course this is a direct result of people in the past with less than ethical motives jamming former employee's (blackballing if you will). So, we pay for others ignorance... ssdd !!
Yep. I was once the assistant manager of a major retail store and one of the employees was fired for doing a bogus refund and pocketing the money and she went somewhere else and we could not tell her that the idiot was fired for theft. Crazy.
AGREEING

Cary, NC

#24 Jun 19, 2007
Misc wrote:
Absolutely. And test the drug testers too!
JIL

Holbrook, NY

#25 Jun 19, 2007
IF THIS WAS SOMEONE IN YOUR FAMILY WOULD YOU LIKE SOME OF THE COMMENTS POSTED. YOU ALL SHOULD REALLY THINK ABOUT HER FAMILY NOT JUST HER HUSBAND BUT HER FATHER MOTHER SISTERS AND BROTHERS. DONT YOU THINK THAT THEY ARE HURTING AND WOULD NOT LIKE ANY OF THE COMMENTS POSTED. BESIDES HOW MANY ARE YOU ARE DRUG USERS AND DONT LIE CAUSE YOU ARE ONLY LIEING TO YOURSELVES. PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN GLASS HOUSES SHOULD NOT THROW STONES
JIL

Holbrook, NY

#26 Jun 19, 2007
STOP AND THINK SHE IS NOT A CRIMINAL SHE IS SICK. THINK OF HER PARENTS, HUSBAND, SISTERS AND BROTHER NIECES AND NEPHEWS AND THEN THINK ABOUT THE COMMENTS YOU WOULD WRITE. THERE ARE DOCTORS OUT THERE WHO KILL PEOPLE AND ARE NOT TREATED AS CRIMINALS..........
PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN GLASS HOUSES SHOULD NOT THROW STONES CAUSE LORD KNOWS WHO PASSES JUDGEMENT AND DOES THESE THINGS OR WORSE THEMSELVBS
Judge Roy Bean

United States

#27 Jun 19, 2007
JIL wrote:
STOP AND THINK SHE IS NOT A CRIMINAL SHE IS SICK. THINK OF HER PARENTS, HUSBAND, SISTERS AND BROTHER NIECES AND NEPHEWS AND THEN THINK ABOUT THE COMMENTS YOU WOULD WRITE. THERE ARE DOCTORS OUT THERE WHO KILL PEOPLE AND ARE NOT TREATED AS CRIMINALS..........
PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN GLASS HOUSES SHOULD NOT THROW STONES CAUSE LORD KNOWS WHO PASSES JUDGEMENT AND DOES THESE THINGS OR WORSE THEMSELVBS
Jil I believe you are mistaken, at least about the criminal factor... But then that is just an opinion, kind of like your comments... only different ;)

oh ya' turn the volume down a bit...
JIL

Holbrook, NY

#28 Jun 19, 2007
DEAR MR BEAN
CAUSE YOU SURE AS HELL AINT NO JUDGE
Main Entry: CRIMINAL
Pronunciation:'kri-m&-n &l,'krim-n&l
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French or Late Latin; Anglo-French criminal, from Late Latin criminalis, from Latin crimin-, crimen crime
1 : relating to, involving, or being a crime <criminal neglect>
2 : relating to crime or to the prosecution of suspects in a crime <criminal statistics> <brought criminal action>
3 : guilty of crime; also : of or befitting a criminal <a criminal mind>
THIS IS THE DEFENITION OF A CRIMINAL
SO IF YOU FEEL SHE IS ONE THAN YOU AS A JUDGE ARE NOT DOING YOUR JOB PROPERLY YOU MUST BE LETTING MURDERERS AND RAPIST OUT ON THE STREET AND LOCKING UP PEOPLE WITH A SICKNESS. THAT IS MY OPINION.
YOU MUST HAVE A CRIMINAL OR TWO OR THREE IN YOUR FAMILY BUT YOU AS A JUDGE WOULD SAY THEY ARE SICK SO THAT PEOPLE DONT JUDGE THEM THE WAY
THEY ARE JUDGING THIS WOMAN. AGAIN PEOPLE IN GLASS HOUSES SHOULD NOT THROW STONES.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Islip Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
irish mob (Oct '13) 2 hr ClipperHatBoy 31
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 9 hr Bruser 7,937
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Dec 23 Bruser 2,365
Review: Bt Orthotic Labs Inc (Oct '08) Dec 22 James 6
Looking for a male english bulldog to mate with... (Feb '13) Dec 21 Kevywright 56
Six LI Catholic Elementary Schools to Close (Dec '11) Dec 19 31 years an RN 266
Complaints against CPS, Supervising Judge David... (Dec '09) Dec 18 Scottu 56

West Islip News Video

West Islip Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

West Islip People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

West Islip News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in West Islip

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]