Interesting

West Babylon, NY

#1020 Apr 18, 2011
You are the only one who characterized our conversations as an attempt to "solve all of West Islip's problems". Obviously you inadvertently paid us a commplement. Thank You.
However, you are wrong at least from my perspective. I see at as a way to start educating residents about their town. If some problems are solved as a direct result of this, great. No one person or small group of people will solve this themselves. It will take an educated village to do it.
This is just another step toward our goal. Your input is encouraged. Ideas dont need faces. If all 1,000 ideas dont work. We know a 1,000 ways not to do it. We still moved foward.
Mr Kotter

Sag Harbor, NY

#1021 Apr 18, 2011
Archie Bunker wrote:
Kotter, IB, Mom of 2 and Interesting love talkin to themselves thinking they can solve all of West Islip's problems on an anonomous board.
Meat heads.
We keep talkin and you keep coming back to see what we have to say.

BTW, congrats all, on over 1,000 posts!!!

By 5,000 maybe we'll have it all figured out.
PETE

United States

#1022 Apr 19, 2011
KOTTER SMELLS
wrong again

Huntington Station, NY

#1023 Apr 19, 2011
get rid of IB wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, sorry, I was away with family for a few days, and will
be away again for the break with family.
To answer your question:
"Two trustees are up for re-election. Trustees Sharon Bieselin and Robert Ulrich are hoping to keep hold of their three-year seats. Thus far there are no races; petitions to run for the board are not due back in the district until Mon., April 18."
Sharon Beastelin could take a walk for all I care, but Ulrich
I am cautiously optimistic about.
I have always wanted to believe that he has a different
attitude and approach than the status quo, and I have always hoped that he brings a healthy business ethic to the table to do the work for the people (tax payers) with an added emphasis on common sense and good judgement.
In other words, he seems fair, and reasonable, not haute taute.
I just wish there were a full house of that type.
Sharon Beeaslin is not seeking re-election, she isstepping down after 9 years of service. Bob is a good guy, as are ALL of the board members. Good community people, unlike you three nonsense talkers.
wrong again

Huntington Station, NY

#1024 Apr 19, 2011
Interesting wrote:
You are the only one who characterized our conversations as an attempt to "solve all of West Islip's problems". Obviously you inadvertently paid us a commplement. Thank You.
However, you are wrong at least from my perspective. I see at as a way to start educating residents about their town. If some problems are solved as a direct result of this, great. No one person or small group of people will solve this themselves. It will take an educated village to do it.
This is just another step toward our goal. Your input is encouraged. Ideas dont need faces. If all 1,000 ideas dont work. We know a 1,000 ways not to do it. We still moved foward.
This is the most ineffective piece of garbage I have ever read. The only way to change things that you feel are going wrong would be to stand up and take a public position on the issues. Put your face to your words, file a petition and run for a seat... but wait, I forget that means you would actually have to convince the town to vote for you. OMG that would actually mean getting out of your house and attending meetings,and talking to people, and presenting ideas that are not based in fantasy. oh well, keep tapping away here at your useless board. unless of course I am wrong, and you HAVE filed a petition for a seat or supporting someone who did?
Interesting

West Babylon, NY

#1025 Apr 19, 2011
Where did you get certified in "good community member assessment"?LOL! Who is President of that distinguished university? Was that at the same school you were certified in who is "Un-American"?
The is an "online version" of the district study group. We are all unpaid volunteers however.

Hey, you are right! 1000 post marker! Good Start!
get rid of IB

Lindenhurst, NY

#1026 Apr 19, 2011
wrong again wrote:
<quoted text>Sharon Beeaslin is not seeking re-election, she isstepping down after 9 years of service. Bob is a good guy, as are ALL of the board members. Good community people, unlike you three nonsense talkers.
As always, I take my info from public sources, either the
board of ed minutes or from other publications and news media sources.
The comment about Beastelin was in quotes, or did you not notice?
I took that information from the publication known as the
Babylon Beacon http://www.babylonbeacon.com/news/2011-04-07/...
So you can tell the writer of that article (Tiffany Elliot) that
she is wrong, but either way, Beastelins seat is up. Hooray!

Not all the boe members have been good people, but then again, bobbleheads have a foolish habit of being in constant empty-headed knodding mode, looks like you are one of those.
Interesting

West Babylon, NY

#1027 Apr 19, 2011
wrong again wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the most ineffective piece of garbage I have ever read. The only way to change things that you feel are going wrong would be to stand up and take a public position on the issues. Put your face to your words, file a petition and run for a seat... but wait, I forget that means you would actually have to convince the town to vote for you. OMG that would actually mean getting out of your house and attending meetings,and talking to people, and presenting ideas that are not based in fantasy. oh well, keep tapping away here at your useless board. unless of course I am wrong, and you HAVE filed a petition for a seat or supporting someone who did?
#1) You need to stop responding to "ineffective pieces of garbage". It lowers the value of your responses to "real posts".#2)Every West Islip resident needs to decide for THEMSELVES what they think they can or cant do to move OUR TOWN in the right direction. If someone chooses not to seek a board seat does not mean they are not concerned about education or tax rates.#3)Members can and do stand up and speak publicly at BOE meetings although the time is limited. It is still ONE way to speak out.#4)I will wait until is read what is important to each boe candidate and hear them speak at the meet the candidate night. I have no problem openly supporting that person at that time.
Interesting

West Babylon, NY

#1028 Apr 19, 2011
Who gets to choose the questions that the candidates are asked? I know that the question "pool" is filled by members of the community. I do not know who ultimately gets the final say about WHICH of these VERY public questions are asked.
This is a neutral question that deserves a neutral answer.
get rid of IB

Lindenhurst, NY

#1029 Apr 19, 2011
wrong again wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Do you actually believe the garbage that you write?
So listen big shot, let me ask you, where is your petition?
'OMG, that would actually mean getting out of your house and
attending meetings and talking to people, and presenting ideas
that are not based in fantasy.' Hypocrite!
Looks like WE prefer an alternative approach to yours. So put up or shut up! Tell us, did you file your petition Mr. or Mrs. Know it all? I would think you have considering your bloated comments.
You people are too easy! Really, you can relax and stop haunting this site, and worrying yourself into a tizzy. If there is anything
to be gained from what we say, of course you won't need an update
since you are so well informed yourself. In fact, it sounds like you know just about everything there is to know.
As for the rest of us ignorant tax payers, it's our right to share thoughts and concerns here, without getting the typical brush off, snob-mockery, along with being ignored, denied, lied to, etc.

I hope people read this and use this as a launching point for
their own dialogue with neighbors and friends, the very thing
that frightens the heck out of you haunting bobbleheads!

Angry But Hopeful

Brooklyn, NY

#1030 Apr 19, 2011
Asking for a 7% plus tax increase in this economic environment on top of a 6% plus increase last year is irresponsible. I am very disappointed in our superintendent and the board. With major cuts to teachers and programs we are still being presented with a tax increase higher then almost every district in our area. I currently have two daughters in one of the West Islip elementary schools so I understand it is never an easy decision to vote down a school budget. However I feel this one should be unacceptable to all in our community. Furthermore it is disingenuous for the board to support this budget by comparing to the contingency budget. We should not be forced to accept this budget nor should the board justify it as it is only $500,000 more then the contingency budget. All school districts need to stop using the contingency budget as a scare tactic. The contingency budget should always be a last resort and should never be presented as an either / or choice. There is a 3rd choice - go back and figure out an acceptable budget. I was optimistic that the board and Mr. Simon would consider the economy and general mood of the community to come up with a better budget. This just illustrates that we in West Islip need Governor Cuomo’s 2% property tax cap. If left to their own devices our BOE and superintendent will price us all out of the community.
Mom of 2

Huntington Station, NY

#1031 Apr 19, 2011
wrong again wrote:
<quoted text>
If this is an anonymous post, how do you know who is or isn't 'out of their house attending meetings, talking to people and presenting ideas'? I was at the last budget meeting! Were you there? If you were, you witnessed Larosa intimidate and embarass the woman who disagreed w/her about the special ed kids in their elementary school. Lord Larosa dismissed the woman,her views AND HER PETITION and then told her she would see her at a block party!? wtf?
So glad Sharon is vacating her seat on the board-it's time. Wish Ulrich would do the same. Don't know him to say whether or not he's a good guy but, I've seen enough of his bobble-head, yes-man, too afraid to make a wave and go against rest of boe act. It's time for him to go. Let's not forget that Lord Larosa is his neighbor and backed him to run in the first place, he'd never bite that hand and go against.
get rid of IB

Lindenhurst, NY

#1032 Apr 19, 2011
Mom of 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
If this is an anonymous post, how do you know who is or isn't 'out of their house attending meetings, talking to people and presenting ideas'? I was at the last budget meeting! Were you there? If you were, you witnessed Larosa intimidate and embarass the woman who disagreed w/her about the special ed kids in their elementary school. Lord Larosa dismissed the woman,her views AND HER PETITION and then told her she would see her at a block party!? wtf?
So glad Sharon is vacating her seat on the board-it's time. Wish Ulrich would do the same. Don't know him to say whether or not he's a good guy but, I've seen enough of his bobble-head, yes-man, too afraid to make a wave and go against rest of boe act. It's time for him to go. Let's not forget that Lord Larosa is his neighbor and backed him to run in the first place, he'd never bite that hand and go against.
See Mom of 2, you learn something new every day! That is why I like
this site. I didn't know that Larosa backed him or that they are
neighbors. Reminds me of the Bloom, Heine, W. Smith, scenario. Really, you can't make this stuff up. Now I have to re-think this whole thing. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, I really did, but I understand completely what you pointed out!
Someone should write a soap opera about these connections.
BTW, I found out through a friend of mine that Sharon Beaslin is Blooms cousin by marriage and that Eliot B. and W. Smith, are neighbors. Thank goodness that crew is history!
Any other strange connections here as food for thought?
get rid of IB

Lindenhurst, NY

#1033 Apr 19, 2011
Still, with all that said above, and very good post btw angry but hopeful, the most difficult thing to
swallow and ignore are the grossly over inflated salaries of those in the administrative
end of our district with a deteriorating student body. In the 70's and the 80's there
were some 9,500 students at the highest to 6,300 students at the lowest, as a result two schools closed.
Now we are down to about 5,100 students give or take, even lower and we have an ever increasing administration? Cash cow anyone?
In those days there were about 179 to 180 days of school as well. Now we are at 185 days of school. This community is still a low-property wealth community because of little
industry or commercial property, which hasn't changed, or has it?
So where does this boe get the nerve to add to our personal tax burden by creating more administrative positions?
Our community is unique and one of only a few communities of similar composition.
Back in the 80's with a larger student body and a thirty million dollar budget and an
annual cash flow of one hundred twenty five million dollars, the districts Asst. Super for
Bus. had a small staff to assist in the operations and maintenance of
the plant. They took care of food service management, budgetary accounting,
accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash and revenue management, pay roll
and employee benefits programs. They used account clerks, secretaries, and clerk
typists, this also included building and grounds and data processing and food service
supervisors.
Anyone care to explain?
Teacher for many years

Sag Harbor, NY

#1034 Apr 19, 2011
is any one of you a teacher?
unbelievable

Huntington Station, NY

#1035 Apr 19, 2011
Mom of 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
sauch a pathetic no nothing, it is unbelievable, u must be kotters wife. First of all larosa and Margaret Dixon (the mother you are referring to) have been having this ongoing dialog regardingt the special ed clkass at westbrook for weeks. secondly, margaret and annmarie are FRIENDS and neighbors. Larosa was neither condescending or "mean' to margaret, who by the way was asking the district essentially to make the third grade at westbrook have 4 sections of 14 kids in it... something completely irresponsible and unacceptable in these economic times. isnt that what you all have been here railing against. Margaret was neither intimidated or embarassed by the exchange, and in fact continued the dialog after the meeting. Please stop making up lies, and innuendo to suit your agenda about specific board members because you obviosuly have an ax to grind. excersize your right to free speech here, but stop making stuff up about people who actually try to make a difference in this community. nobody is perfect, nobody gets it right 100% of the time and nobody should sit in judgement of others until you have walked in their shoes. go vote no on this budget, that is your right, but stop the personell bashing of people. it only diminishes whatever credible arguments you might have. AND YES I WAS THERE, AND HAVE BEEN THERE EVERY TIME AT LEAST MARGARET HAS THE NERVE TO STAND AND SPEAK< UNLIKE YOU.
get rid of IB

Lindenhurst, NY

#1036 Apr 19, 2011
unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>sauch a pathetic no nothing, it is unbelievable, u must be kotters wife. First of all larosa and Margaret Dixon (the mother you are referring to) have been having this ongoing dialog regardingt the special ed clkass at westbrook for weeks. secondly, margaret and annmarie are FRIENDS and neighbors. Larosa was neither condescending or "mean' to margaret, who by the way was asking the district essentially to make the third grade at westbrook have 4 sections of 14 kids in it... something completely irresponsible and unacceptable in these economic times. isnt that what you all have been here railing against. Margaret was neither intimidated or embarassed by the exchange, and in fact continued the dialog after the meeting. Please stop making up lies, and innuendo to suit your agenda about specific board members because you obviosuly have an ax to grind. excersize your right to free speech here, but stop making stuff up about people who actually try to make a difference in this community. nobody is perfect, nobody gets it right 100% of the time and nobody should sit in judgement of others until you have walked in their shoes. go vote no on this budget, that is your right, but stop the personell bashing of people. it only diminishes whatever credible arguments you might have. AND YES I WAS THERE, AND HAVE BEEN THERE EVERY TIME AT LEAST MARGARET HAS THE NERVE TO STAND AND SPEAK< UNLIKE YOU.
Margaret at least had the nerve to stand up and speak, and for what?
For you to call her suggestion completely irresponsible and un-acceptable?
I think her suggestion was for the sake of her special needs child, so no
amount of intimidation would take a concerned mother off her course if
it's for her child, that goes without saying. I would rather 4 classrooms of
14 children to accommodate a special needs child, whom schools are created
for, then the ridiculous spending on administrators who have jobs
created for them to the tune of $150,000.00 a year and more...Um... just because.
nope wrong again

Huntington Station, NY

#1037 Apr 19, 2011
get rid of IB wrote:
<quoted text>
Margaret at least had the nerve to stand up and speak, and for what?
For you to call her suggestion completely irresponsible and un-acceptable?
I think her suggestion was for the sake of her special needs child, so no
amount of intimidation would take a concerned mother off her course if
it's for her child, that goes without saying. I would rather 4 classrooms of
14 children to accommodate a special needs child, whom schools are created
for, then the ridiculous spending on administrators who have jobs
created for them to the tune of $150,000.00 a year and more...Um... just because.
yes, and I would probably agree with you if not for the fact that her child is NOT a special ed student. Her advocacy stems from a long time supporter of the program. Unfortunately, the argument that we do not spend enough on special ed is invalid, west islip actually already spends triple the amount per pupil for special needs students then gen ed students. There has to be a balance, and you should be happy that someone is recognizing there should be a balance and at the same time validating and aknowledging her concerns. put on your big girl pants. if you want to debate a topic, be prepared to hear the other side of it, and not go crying that someone didnt agree with you.
Mr Kotter

Sag Harbor, NY

#1038 Apr 19, 2011
unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>sauch a pathetic no nothing, it is unbelievable, u must be kotters wife. First of all larosa and Margaret Dixon (the mother you are referring to) have been having this ongoing dialog regardingt the special ed clkass at westbrook for weeks. secondly, margaret and annmarie are FRIENDS and neighbors. Larosa was neither condescending or "mean' to margaret, who by the way was asking the district essentially to make the third grade at westbrook have 4 sections of 14 kids in it... something completely irresponsible and unacceptable in these economic times. isnt that what you all have been here railing against. Margaret was neither intimidated or embarassed by the exchange, and in fact continued the dialog after the meeting. Please stop making up lies, and innuendo to suit your agenda about specific board members because you obviosuly have an ax to grind. excersize your right to free speech here, but stop making stuff up about people who actually try to make a difference in this community. nobody is perfect, nobody gets it right 100% of the time and nobody should sit in judgement of others until you have walked in their shoes. go vote no on this budget, that is your right, but stop the personell bashing of people. it only diminishes whatever credible arguments you might have. AND YES I WAS THERE, AND HAVE BEEN THERE EVERY TIME AT LEAST MARGARET HAS THE NERVE TO STAND AND SPEAK< UNLIKE YOU.
Every post of yours is filled with so much hate and jealousy that you will never be liked or followed. You seem so threatened by the truth and the concerns of the community. I guess the gig is up.
Mr Kotter

Sag Harbor, NY

#1039 Apr 19, 2011
get rid of IB wrote:
<quoted text>
See Mom of 2, you learn something new every day! That is why I like
this site. I didn't know that Larosa backed him or that they are
neighbors. Reminds me of the Bloom, Heine, W. Smith, scenario. Really, you can't make this stuff up. Now I have to re-think this whole thing. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, I really did, but I understand completely what you pointed out!
Someone should write a soap opera about these connections.
BTW, I found out through a friend of mine that Sharon Beaslin is Blooms cousin by marriage and that Eliot B. and W. Smith, are neighbors. Thank goodness that crew is history!
Any other strange connections here as food for thought?
I'm sure everyone knows about the Gellar/Larosa connection. They are together on almost every committee they make up. Also, Larosa was friends with Scott Brady well before he ran. You can see when someone from the outside like Glen Sloat or Robert Maresca run, they do everything they can to deride them and make people think they don't belong there. They would likely do everything in their power and beyond to keep these candidates out of their exclusive over-tax imposing club.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Islip Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 6 hr Bruser 7,937
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Tue Bruser 2,365
Review: Bt Orthotic Labs Inc (Oct '08) Dec 22 James 6
Looking for a male english bulldog to mate with... (Feb '13) Dec 21 Kevywright 56
Six LI Catholic Elementary Schools to Close (Dec '11) Dec 19 31 years an RN 266
Complaints against CPS, Supervising Judge David... (Dec '09) Dec 18 Scottu 56
10,000 packets of heroin seized in Smithtown dr... (Nov '08) Dec 15 Streetrunner 153

West Islip News Video

West Islip Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

West Islip People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

West Islip News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in West Islip

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:12 am PST