Northport teacher arrested for "inappropriate relationship"

Full story: Newsday 245
Police arrested a substitute teacher at Northport High School for engaging in sexual contact with a 16-year-old girl he befriended in class. Full Story
First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Jesse

East Islip, NY

#1 Mar 27, 2007
This is unacceptable and just plain weird.
phil

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Mar 27, 2007
What is going on with the teachers of Long Island?
Jackie

United States

#4 Mar 27, 2007
damn is it that hard to find a woman with in your age group
Patty from WBabylon

Washington, DC

#6 Mar 27, 2007
How unfortunate! This teacher has now blown his career. These 16 year old kids don't look and act their age. It was probably consenual.He was thinking with the wrong head.

“Wait til next year”

Since: Dec 06

Brooklyn NY USA

#7 Mar 27, 2007
It is beyond "just plain weird." Children are assaulted sexually every day in public schools across the nation.
The problem of sexual predator teachers is epidemic.
shameless-li

Denver, CO

#8 Mar 27, 2007
Quote: "Police arrested a substitute teacher at Northport High School for engaging in sexual contact with a 16-year-old girl he befriended in class.

Thomas Baudier, 22, of 26 Valley Road, Northport, was charged with third-degree sexual abuse endangering the welfare of a child after his arrest Monday night. He was held overnight at the Seventh Precinct and was scheduled for arraignment Tuesday at First District Court in Central Islip."

Isn't 22 years old to young to be a teacher?
I think better screening of any person that is around children or the elderly for that fact, is definitely needed. A 22 year old professional should not be teaching a class of 16 year olds.
AOL

Hampton Bays, NY

#9 Mar 27, 2007
What the heck is going on on Long Island with this rash of sexual predators teaching our children.
NO EDUCATION

United States

#11 Mar 27, 2007
CJ D wrote:
If I was teaching I would have gone after one of those cute high school boys, they dont tattle tale like these little girls.
RE:
I had a laugh. But, you are really sick.
This guy looks weird. I bet Mommy and Daddy are very proud of their boy. The money they spent on his education. It didn't help. Now you have to bail him out of jail, and pay for his attorney's fee. WONDERFUL!!!!!!!
anoymous

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Mar 27, 2007
ACKWARD!!!!
unknown

West Sayville, NY

#13 Mar 27, 2007
Mr.Baudier was always acool sub. and i always thought that there was akways somthing a little fishy about him and now we know. But what is going to happen to his Lacross team? Now they have to suffer.
Dennis the Menace

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Mar 27, 2007
he was also the freshman lacrosse coach, there goes that
unknown

West Sayville, NY

#16 Mar 27, 2007
phil wrote:
What is going on with the teachers of Long Island?
Nothing is going on with the teachers on long island it was one sub and he made a very bad mistake. You cant blame all the teachers on long island for the one teachers mistake.
mbm

Hempstead, NY

#17 Mar 27, 2007
It must be whatever is in the water on L.I.
Linda - Shirley

Stony Brook, NY

#18 Mar 27, 2007
shameless-li wrote:
Quote: "Police arrested a substitute teacher at Northport High School for engaging in sexual contact with a 16-year-old girl he befriended in class.
Thomas Baudier, 22, of 26 Valley Road, Northport, was charged with third-degree sexual abuse endangering the welfare of a child after his arrest Monday night. He was held overnight at the Seventh Precinct and was scheduled for arraignment Tuesday at First District Court in Central Islip."
Isn't 22 years old to young to be a teacher?
I think better screening of any person that is around children or the elderly for that fact, is definitely needed. A 22 year old professional should not be teaching a class of 16 year olds.
I sort of agree with you but, the older the female teacher the younger the boy. Generally, the older the male teacher the younger the boy. The younger the male teacher the older the girl???? Guess they really need to look at more than the degrees here. We seem to have outgrown honest teachers. The majority are more and more sex offenders. They will be putting cameras in the classrooms and in the parking lots....and that won't stop them either. Maybe we should teach our children by video....
bill

Colorado Springs, CO

#19 Mar 27, 2007
Moron wrote:
You should've waited a year if you like younger women, 17 is legal consenting age in New York. What a dumbass. Oh and being that she's your student doesn't help the situation either you fcuking moron.
try getting some facts YOU effing moron! this is hearsay, obviously. Being someone who knows this person I know for a fact that this is a bogus charge!!! I can gaurentee that the entire community stands behind this person of impecable moral standing and family values.
Fondletom

King Of Prussia, PA

#20 Mar 27, 2007
Get out the nut cutter.
Fondletom

King Of Prussia, PA

#21 Mar 27, 2007
Patty from WBabylon wrote:
How unfortunate! This teacher has now blown his career. These 16 year old kids don't look and act their age. It was probably consenual.He was thinking with the wrong head.
Don't say "Blown".
anoymous

Franksville, WI

#22 Mar 27, 2007
Is this still America? Is anyone innocent until proven guilty? Shouldn't we wait until the story is told until we make judgements? It could be a young woman looking for attention or a former student trying to get back at the teacher and using a minor to do it.

Let's wait before we draga young teacher's reputation through the mud.

“Wait til next year”

Since: Dec 06

Brooklyn NY USA

#23 Mar 27, 2007
AOL wrote:
What the heck is going on on Long Island with this rash of sexual predators teaching our children.
It isn't a Long Island problem - it is a national epidemic.
The American Medical Association found in 1986 that one in four girls, and one in eight boys, are sexually abused in or out of school before the age of 18. Two years later, a study included in The Handbook on Sexual Abuse of Children, reported that one in four girls, and one in six boys, is sexually abused by age 18. It was reported in 1991 that 17.7 percent of males who graduated from high school, and 82.2 percent of females, reported sexual harassment by faculty or staff during their years in school. Fully 13.5 percent said they had sexual intercourse with their teacher.

In New York City alone, at least one child is sexually abused by a school employee every day. One study concluded that more than 60 percent of employees accused of sexual abuse in the New York City schools were transferred to desk jobs at district offices located inside the schools. Most of these teachers are tenured and 40 percent of those transferred are repeat offenders. They call it “passing the garbage” in the schools. One reason why this exists is due to efforts by the United Federation of Teachers to protect teachers at the expense of children. Another is the fact that teachers accused of sexual misconduct cannot be fired under New York State law.
One of the nation’s foremost authorities on the subject of the sexual abuse of minors in public schools is Hofstra University professor Charol Shakeshaft. In 1994, Shakeshaft and Audrey Cohan did a study of 225 cases of educator sexual abuse in New York City. Their findings are astounding.

All of the accused admitted sexual abuse of a student, but none of the abusers was reported to the authorities, and only 1 percent lost their license to teach. Only 35 percent suffered negative consequences of any kind, and 39 percent chose to leave their school district, most with positive recommendations. Some were even given an early retirement package.

Moving molesting teachers from school district to school district is a common phenomenon. And in only 1 percent of the cases do superintendents notify the new school district. According to Diana Jean Schemo, the term “passing the trash” is the preferred jargon among educators.

Shakeshaft has also determined that 15 percent of all students have experienced some kind of sexual misconduct by a teacher between kindergarten and 12th grade; the behaviors range from touching to forced penetration. She and Cohan also found that up to 5 percent of teachers sexually abuse children. Shakeshaft will soon be ready to release the findings of a vast study undertaken for the Planning and Evaluation Service Office of the Undersecretary, U.S. Department of Education, titled,“Educator Sexual Misconduct with Students: A Synthesis of Existing Literature on Prevalence in Connection with the Design of a National Analysis."
PAOLO

Brooklyn, NY

#24 Mar 27, 2007
NOPO HOLLA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Islip Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 3 hr Bruser 2,290
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 11 hr jthartford 6,435
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 13 hr dissapointed 16,787
Review: Bella Fence Company (Sep '13) Sep 16 Me not 11
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Sep 13 Bruser 7,886
Brentwood,Long Island, New York (Apr '06) Sep 10 peter joes pizza 1,117
Review: G Z Appliance Repair Sep 10 mattya 1
•••

West Islip News Video

•••
•••

West Islip Jobs

•••
•••
•••